over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bulged Disc

am I the only one that thinks adequan could help low back issues?
I run Adequan about every 2-3 years. That's about all it takes. It's magic for my various joint pains. And I have accumulated my good share of them. But Adequan does squat for my herniated T5-T6 disc.

Herniations in this region are very rare. So not much practical information either. And for sure, due to lack of Guinea pigs, not many surgeries are done.

Last edited:
Man- I can't thank everyone enough for your imput. The more I hear from y'all, the more I know I need to stay away from getting cut on. I think I'm gonna just hold off on focus on PT for a while. I also had someone else mention decompression- I will definately be looking into that. "Lex" thank I will do a search on it. "Ron Jon" we need to hook up when you get down here bro!

Thanks again all- already feeling at home here

Even with my type of (cervical) surgery where outcomes are predictably and consistently excellent, PT, predisone and Mobic were used extensively FIRST. It was only when I started experiencing progressive atrophy in my left delt the surgeon said "OK, that puts our backs against the wall. I want to move on this soon and I don't want to wait." He later told me that with nerve compression damage, if you wait a long time to act (6-12 months+), the chances of the nerve fully recovering greatly diminish. Thoughts for the future if needed.

Last edited:
well me calve showed signs of atrophy up front, but I have been focusing on my legs alot more and have seem to stop it. I stay away from squats and deads now but if I can hang on and grow it back- think I'm better off without surgery after hearing all these stories.

well me calve showed signs of atrophy up front, but I have been focusing on my legs alot more and have seem to stop it. I stay away from squats and deads now but if I can hang on and grow it back- think I'm better off without surgery after hearing all these stories.

I think you are doing the right thing. I would do the exact same thing. In my case, the atrophy started to progress and the muscle tone vanished in that delt. Post-op it has reversed which I am happy about.

Anything you can do in the gym to minimize more stress to that area is important and you are already doing that. These days, I have a guy in PT showing me how to minimize putting unnecessary stress on my neck with my lifts and keeping my head and neck in a more healthy, neutral position.

Well again- I can't think you and everyone else enough for the input.

I've had cervical fusion too. I was 17 when a friend driving the car I was riding in wrecked... flipped it over. I was partially thrown out of the car, so my right arm was trapped under the car. I ended up with no only a broken arm but a neck and crushed disc too. They used a piece of my hip bone to replace the disc and a fusion at C5 and C6. I've been blessed. I have very little trouble with the injuries. 25% disability. Mostly it's range of motion. I have frequent popping as I get older.

My lower back is a different story. I don't know if it has anything to do with that accident or if it's just from other car accidents that I've been involved in. There are times I've felt like my car had a target that said "hit me". I'm like others on PM... it's all about pain management. I've been through on major surgery and I'd rather not do it again. It's a long slow recovery even when you're in your teens, so I can't image what it would be like at 45.

I find massage therapy works wonders on my lower back pain. I've never been to a chiro before, but I've lost count on how many times I've crawled into my massage therapist office begging for help. I also do regular stretching exercises that the PT gave me.

I had cervical fusion surgery in March (C4-C6) I am now pain-free with no adverse symptoms. My weakness and atrophy have reversed.

This is what my surgeon told me. Cervical fusion has a predictably high rate of success (90%+) UNLIKE the lumbar region, which he said is much more uncertain and unpredictable for a good outcome. That said, I would avoid surgery, unless, if and/or when the pain gets unbearable or you start to suffer significant atrophy from nerve damage.

It does seem like more people have better recovery with neck surgery than lower back. It makes sense... low back carries all your weight unlike the neck. Glad to hear you had a successful recovery.

Last edited:
Didn't see an injury forum here, so posted here. Mods if this is the wrong place- please relocate.
Always had a little pain/soreness in my lower back(left side) but never unmanageable. Then about 6-8 weeks ago I woke up @0200 and went to the gym(don't remember what I worked but not super heavy), went to work my normal 12 hrs shift, got off and went home and rode dirtbikes with my son. I had a few adult beverages of course to unwind. Wokwe up the next morning dang near crippled. Sciactic(sp) nerve had pain from my left Glute than ran all the way down my hamstring through my calve and my outer side of my foot was numb. Stayed this way for about 3-4 weeks and I muddled through it never missing work just hobbling around. My Dr. gave me Vicodin and a steriod pack with some anti-inflamitories, but nothing touched the pain. I have sinse seen a spine surgeon and had an MRI- X-rays- and an EMG done. the pain has all but subsided and I still walk with a little limp and can feel tension down my ham and calve. Surgeon reviewd eveything and has suggested a Laminectomy/Discectomy. Said Pain management and physical therapy wouldn't fix what I have being I could tolerate the pain and I exercise and Discetomy or fusion were my two options. I have 2 bulged disc- 1 between L4-L5 and the other between L5-S1. Being the pain isnet bothering me and the atrophy in my legs has stopped , I think things are heading in the right direction and I'm considering NOT during surgery. Has anyone else here had something similar????

bro, what's crazy is shortly after my son was born nearly 5 years ago my gym time slowly dwindled away...long story short, never hurt myself doing deads or stiff legs but hurt my fucking back picking him up out of the crib in the middle of the night. had that pain for nearly 3 years. went to get out of bed one morning and something "popped" but this time must have popped back in to place cause the pain went away!!!! Doc wanted to operate and fuse as well, but my wife being in the med field said she would leave me if i did cause all of the patients she sees who have had back surgery are worse off now than they were prior to it. Surgeons get paid when performing surgeries bro, spend some time with the chiro, may take some visits but i honestly think it works bro. best of luck i know how you feel man, some days i could barely walk and when i did i looked like i was 80 yrs old. hope you feel btr bro!!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131