over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bulging disk

power

FOUNDING Member
Registered
Guys, I need some advice. Without a ten page back story, my bulging L4-5 hit me hard last week. To the point I ended up in the hospital for extra good drugs. Through all the PT tricks I have learned over the years I could not get the pain down. After seeing my GP for follow up today I am having an MRI set up. Low and behold the pain has dropped to level 6 from a 10 (so many days of 10 that has totally left me with nothing in the reserve tank). My fear is by the time the MRI takes place The bulge will have receded significantly and they will pass me off as a hypochondriac. Let me be clear, the pain debilitated me for a week plus (no work, no nothing, just on the floor) and I am no pussy. My son suggested I just go squat the day of the MRI lol, but I thought I would ask about anyone's experience here first. I really don't want to revisit the level 10 pain train again.

Guys, I need some advice. Without a ten page back story, my bulging L4-5 hit me hard last week. To the point I ended up in the hospital for extra good drugs. Through all the PT tricks I have learned over the years I could not get the pain down. After seeing my GP for follow up today I am having an MRI set up. Low and behold the pain has dropped to level 6 from a 10 (so many days of 10 that has totally left me with nothing in the reserve tank). My fear is by the time the MRI takes place The bulge will have receded significantly and they will pass me off as a hypochondriac. Let me be clear, the pain debilitated me for a week plus (no work, no nothing, just on the floor) and I am no pussy. My son suggested I just go squat the day of the MRI lol, but I thought I would ask about anyone's experience here first. I really don't want to revisit the level 10 pain train again.

Bro i am not sure what you looking for? If i were you i would try everything before giving in to surgery. I have 2mm of space left betweenl5s1 and i am getting around fine after 3 years from the injury. I almost had surgery cause i couldn't handle the debilitating pain but was talked in to doing the pt. The pt was miserable but it worked. I wont ramble any further in case this is not what you are looking for but if you would like to discuss further let me know

have you looked into the epidurals? cortisone is not my favorite option, but 3 of these combined with PT basically fixed my issue at l5 s1.

pressure on the spine that causes a herniation of the disc membrane

Bro i am not sure what you looking for? If i were you i would try everything before giving in to surgery. I have 2mm of space left betweenl5s1 and i am getting around fine after 3 years from the injury. I almost had surgery cause i couldn't handle the debilitating pain but was talked in to doing the pt. The pt was miserable but it worked. I wont ramble any further in case this is not what you are looking for but if you would like to discuss further let me know
Not sure exactly what I am looking for as far as answers. Yours is a good response to start, thank you. I am concerned the MRI will show this small minor insignificant issue because it has started to dissipate when it is much more significant injury. Bu also looking for options. I WANT TO SQUAT AGAIN.

I have herniated my L4&5 and the only thing that has worked for any period of time is radio frequency ablation where the numb your nerve endings where the pain comes from. It works for up to a year and you should feel good relief. Its the last step before going under the knife. Cortisone, pain killers, chiros, etc. etc.. are only short terms if the pain is bad. Try the facet blocks then if that works get the radio frequency ablation. works awesome!

BTW its going to show just as bad weather your in pain or not, the doctors can tell.

the docs will want to see if the bulge receeds on its own before surgery, 3-6 months and as you say its getting better id hold out hope for this.
you can have epijural injs now and this will help, and no fucking squatting or putting more weight on the spine. I wouldnd dead lift heavy either.
ive had fusion in the lumbar and its the worst thing ive done , now im on morphine, paracetamol, ibuprofen, pregabalin, epijurals, etc forever.
buy an inversion table if you can, it will take the body weight off the spine and should help the disc recede, find out if the disc is bulging or ruptured.
good luck m8
pm me if you need more help

the docs will want to see if the bulge receeds on its own before surgery, 3-6 months and as you say its getting better id hold out hope for this.
you can have epijural injs now and this will help, and no fucking squatting or putting more weight on the spine. I wouldnd dead lift heavy either.
ive had fusion in the lumbar and its the worst thing ive done , now im on morphine, paracetamol, ibuprofen, pregabalin, epijurals, etc forever.
buy an inversion table if you can, it will take the body weight off the spine and should help the disc recede, find out if the disc is bulging or ruptured.
good luck m8
pm me if you need more help

Good suggestion. Stay away from deads, flat bench, back exercises, squats, maybe even legs all around. It sucks but you will be in worse pain if you continue to do these exercises until you get your back addressed. Im in more pain today because I thought deadlifting and being big was more important than my spine.

Not sure exactly what I am looking for as far as answers. Yours is a good response to start, thank you. I am concerned the MRI will show this small minor insignificant issue because it has started to dissipate when it is much more significant injury. Bu also looking for options. I WANT TO SQUAT AGAIN.

Unfortunately the MRI may mess with your head if you see any abnormality. Remember if you take 100 people off the street and do an MRI you will see abnormality in a lot if them. The main thing here is to get you out if pain with it without surgery but I suggest trying the non surgical roughy first. Once surgery is done you cannot undue it. I really good pt is the place to start after you look at your imaging. Hopefully the imaging shows good spacing but even if it doesn't remember my story and how I am getting along :)

Surgery is typically reserved for those who basically can't walk anymore or elderly patients. I'd look into cortisone shots in the bulging disc (the dr. will use an x-ray machine while injecting to pin point the exact spot) before considering surgery.

Got MRI results Today i have a bulging disc hitting a nerve.
I suppose to see a neurologist. ASAP
He will tell me what treatment option i have.

Got MRI results Today i have a bulging disc hitting a nerve.
I suppose to see a neurologist. ASAP
He will tell me what treatment option i have.

Hopefully you still have good space between the vertebrae.

RADIO FREQUENCY ABLATION! Read up on it and consider this. It works for most people and you should be able to maintain lifting immediately.

I have herniated L1, L2, L4, L5 and the only thing that has helped my pain is the pain medication. I am on a patch for round the clock care. I have tried triggerpoint injections, corticosteroid injections, accupressure, accupuncture, spinal decompression. Nothing is a permanent fix except surgery and they even fuck that up a lot of the time. I've also obviously had to modify my gym routines as well and avoid many exercises I used to enjoy. I'm just grateful that I can work out with my injuries.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws