over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Changes in the Bodybuilding Culture since the 80s

Does anyone know who the pale guy on the far left top row is? First guy on the left top row.

That is Roger Walker. One of the few shows he did with facial hair.
Looks like you got it. Here is a comparison picture of him. I remember him at all. He looks great though.

index.php

Many of the 80s champs in this picture.

**broken link removed**
Idk if it’s just me or the the pictures and video ive seen but the bodybuilders back then really did have a different look to their physiques I know they’re not as lean but it’s something I can’t really put my finger on.

Idk if it’s just me or the the pictures and video ive seen but the bodybuilders back then really did have a different look to their physiques I know they’re not as lean but it’s something I can’t really put my finger on.

It's not just you. I see a different look as well. If I was to guess, and anyone who lived through that era please correct me if I'm wrong, but the skin does not look as hard or as tight like someone running anavar would. Also, if these guys were using diuretics they weren't using them at the 'Paul Dillet frozen' level yet. Gaspari kind of ushered in the drier look and we started seeing better separation on everyone else as a result.

Gary Strydom even later on when he was older still looked good. Not sure how recent this picture is. Still huge.

Gary-Strydom.01.jpg

Gary Strydom even later on when he was older still looked good. Not sure how recent this picture is. Still huge.

If I'm not mistaken, that's from '06/'07. I have an issue of Muscular Development where there are black and white shots exactly like that because they did a feature on him. That's when he was kind of back in the spotlight from doing the Colorado Pro.

Apparently he's a dick.

I time stamped it, but 1:48:47 for reference.

According to Dusty, Frank Zane is too!

Lots of people say that Lou Ferrigno is an ass, but I met him and he was real nice to me. I also met Larry Scott and he was very nice too. Just a regular guy.

Never meet your heroes. :( sad but true in many cases but not all. I've met the following bodybuilders/fitness personalities and all were very kind and/or cool: Lee Priest, Chris Cormier, Juan Morel, Akim Williams, Jimmy The Bull, Jason Arntz, Kai Greene. Victor Martinez was very quiet but his trainer was pretty cool and him and I had conversed quite a bit on that day. I don't hold against Victor though at all as he was about to train that day. From everything I've read, Gary was not very well liked by his fellow bodybuilders and had a reputation for being pompous.

Many times we evaluate an individual for an interaction limited in time, but that is unfair and does not make sense. I am sure that all of us here have been shit people for other people, and we have also had interactions with kind people who on certain occasions were in a bad mood, caused by stressed, sick, in pain, disappointed ...

I mean, moods and sociability are variable and depend on many factors, they are not static. Heck, if you sleep poorly, are on a diet and take tren or a lot of caffeine, you will be much more aggressive and people will think you are stupid.

Many times we evaluate an individual for an interaction limited in time, but that is unfair and does not make sense. I am sure that all of us here have been shit people for other people, and we have also had interactions with kind people who on certain occasions were in a bad mood, caused by stressed, sick, in pain, disappointed ...

I mean, moods and sociability are variable and depend on many factors, they are not static. Heck, if you sleep poorly, are on a diet and take tren or a lot of caffeine, you will be much more aggressive and people will think you are stupid.

This is very true, and especially applies to those of us who are in the gym to lift weights, not socialize.

When I'm in the gym, I am there to focus on training HARD, and I keep my head down and try not to talk to anyone. The gym is my church, and I am only there to lift heavy weights, move the barbell, and work the muscles as hard as I can.

I've had plenty of people run into me in social situations outside the gym, or talking in the locker room, and they all say "Wow, you're a really nice guy. I thought you were a real jerk/asshole because you never talk to anybody in the gym."

But I'm not in the gym to talk to anybody, or to take selfies or videos or whatever. I'm there to lift heavy weights as hard as I can, and then go home. Socializing and relaxing comes later or elsewhere.

I'm sure a lot of the bodybuilders who people thought were jerks were the same way. If you focus only on your training, most people in the gym will think you're an asshole because you don't want to stop to chat with them. But to me, the gym is not the corner coffee shop. I'm not there to chat with anybody; I'm only there to work as hard as I possibly can.

Lots of people say that Lou Ferrigno is an ass, but I met him and he was real nice to me. I also met Larry Scott and he was very nice too. Just a regular guy.
he was a total ass when I met him at LA FIT Expo, gaspari was cool and shredded, jay was cool. big lines , rich piana was there RIP, ronnie was there he looked great this was 2014. Lou was taking 25$ per signature, he wouldn't even look the fan in the eyes once during the signing, he was looking off into space with a mad dog look on his face and basically saying NEXT" halfway through his signature. everyone was upset with his snottiness, he lost me as a lifelong fan that day just as an observer.

he was a total ass when I met him at LA FIT Expo, gaspari was cool and shredded, jay was cool. big lines , rich piana was there RIP, ronnie was there he looked great this was 2014. Lou was taking 25$ per signature, he wouldn't even look the fan in the eyes once during the signing, he was looking off into space with a mad dog look on his face and basically saying NEXT" halfway through his signature. everyone was upset with his snottiness, he lost me as a lifelong fan that day just as an observer.
rich gaspari still shredded ?

I have seen this same experience of you with Lou repeated and replicated dozens of times.

I did pay for him to sign a poster, but I was ok with that. He was there to earn a living.

When I went up to meet him, he shook my hand and then asked me if I wanted to arm wrestle! That was a thrill. We locked up on a table and my buddy took our picture. He had a nice big smile for the photo too. We talked briefly during that time. He seemed cool to me. Larry Scott, i just walked up to him at his booth and chatted briefly. He was very friendly and I could have talked a lot longer with him but i didnt know what to say! This was at the Arnold back around 2007 or so.

Ronnie Coleman i paid for too. He was very lack luster and not friendly at all. I got the impression that he was physically worn out. He looked half sick.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner