over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Delicate question

If someone is bipolar would you categorize them as "damaged goods" ?

LKG

mmm, no..i wouldn't consider a woman damaged unless she's developed bad brains and personality quirks from bad past relationships...but theres a disclaimer here...she better be running some meds for the bipolar issues cuz i do believe they work..no meds?...i'd run far and fast in the other direction............

Last edited:
We all have our issues. As long as you understand, and face them it shouldn't be a problem. They become problems when you go into denial.
Counseling, meds, and good friends are a huge help.
I know, I'm talking from first-hand experience.:cool:
So to answer your question....NO

I have had 2 exes that were bipolar.
With that being said, I would be very leery of getting into another relationship with a woman who is bipolar, but I wouldn't say for sure that I would just blow her off because of it.
I do think meds help and depending on the severity of the disease, mandatory in some cases.
I have problems, too, so nobody is perfect.
Just depends on how she carries herself.

going in I would say - Yes- life is short, people should come into relationships healthy or at least honest in intent and circumstances. Then the other has a choice.

Once in - it's a tough call. Define love? Shit gets Deep.

No, not necessarily. Like other people mentioned.... if there are meds that help, they need to be taken. If they are not getting the help they need to live a 'normal' life (if there is anything really normal about it) then that should be a warning sign.

No way are the damaged goods LKG. Yes, there are some serious mood swings with it, but if they are seeking intervention and trying (and are clinically diagnosed and just not psycho in the relationship sense) they should be given every opportunity. The actual bipolar just can't help it.

Absolutely not. Nobody is perfect because we are all human.

LOL... LKG, if being bipolar is "damaged goods" as you say, then half the country is damaged goods so I'd say you're in the right place!

Besides, people should never be looked at as "goods". We are not commodities or real estate that can be traded, bought, or sold.

I consider a girl to be "damaged goods" when she can't tell the truth or remain faithful - a girl that has experienced some type of trauma where she can no longer carry on relationship that is anything close to normal.

Also, many of the Asian girls and women I know seem to carry a little of that cultural baggage that women are just property and their value is based on looks, performance, etc. (like a car or a dishwasher). You know what I'm talking about?

I say NO. I like OTH's definition of damaged goods. The problem arises when the person who is Bipolar is in denial.......that's if they realize they have this condition. Hell many peeps walk around bipolar and do not know it until it is either brought out or diagnosed properly. It can be managed well enough with meds and counselling. SO No way damaged goods, just a little abnormal operational issues!!LOL.

Never.

Bi-polar and other mental based issues can be managed with meds and understanding and professional therapy.

Its our societies habit/easy answer of pretending mental illness is rare thats the problem and until we accept that we're all vulnerable to episodes (of varying degrees) the stigma and labels will remain.

I can only speak of experience in the UK on this :)

I don't hear that word much anymore.
'Bipolar' was one of the mass, self-diagnoses of the late 90s. Like everyone says that have ADD now.

I have a hard time with medical titles

I think Bi-polar is a spiritual issue and a matter of the heart. I don't believe in being Bi-polar. These idiot practitioners and psychiatrists capitalize off of coming up with something that sounds intelligent "Bi-Polar" and brainwashing healthy people into believing that they have a medical diagnosis that requires any number of designer drugs. So then everyone gets a chunk of the action. And half of America is walking around like zombies who have no emotions.
Oh, man. That was the greatest thing in the world when that came out. Its all over television: "are you lonely and sad" Well baby, that describes 90% of America! Bingo, $$$ jackpot $$$
They'll throw you in jail and fuck your whole life up for self medicating, but they'll brain wash you into using their drugs. Constantly pumping that garbage into peoples minds. May cause bleeding of the nose, hemorrhage, herpes, rash, vomiting, night sweats, nausea, swelling, sudden death, etc.......

I don't think there is anything wrong with you except for the fact that you are high-powered emotionally and need lots of love. I need love, we all need love. Its okay to be sad or depressed. If thats what your feeling, feel it, embrace it. You are alive. Be good to yourself, you're beautiful.
You're not broken. As long as you have breath and air to breathe you have hope for a beautiful future with someone special.
Dont listen to the lies in your mind. Take some time to notice all the beauty around you, nature, trees, birds, flowers. All of Gods creations.
Fix your gaze on the positive things in life.

I think Bi-polar is a spiritual issue and a matter of the heart. I don't believe in being Bi-polar. These idiot practitioners and psychiatrists capitalize off of coming up with something that sounds intelligent "Bi-Polar" and brainwashing healthy people into believing that they have a medical diagnosis that requires any number of designer drugs. So then everyone gets a chunk of the action. And half of America is walking around like zombies who have no emotions.
Oh, man. That was the greatest thing in the world when that came out. Its all over television: "are you lonely and sad" Well baby, that describes 90% of America! Bingo, $$$ jackpot $$$
They'll throw you in jail and fuck your whole life up for self medicating, but they'll brain wash you into using their drugs. Constantly pumping that garbage into peoples minds. May cause bleeding of the nose, hemorrhage, herpes, rash, vomiting, night sweats, nausea, swelling, sudden death, etc.......

I don't think there is anything wrong with you except for the fact that you are high-powered emotionally and need lots of love. I need love, we all need love. Its okay to be sad or depressed. If thats what your feeling, feel it, embrace it. You are alive. Be good to yourself, you're beautiful.
You're not broken. As long as you have breath and air to breathe you have hope for a beautiful future with someone special.
Dont listen to the lies in your mind. Take some time to notice all the beauty around you, nature, trees, birds, flowers. All of Gods creations.
Fix your gaze on the positive things in life.

i used to think like you. my brother has adhd and w lilkoreangirl i have seen first hand how these are uncontrolable at times. it is a real medical issue for some. not everyone diagnosed is bipolar but there is something to it. it is chemical. believe me its not something some one can just decide not to be with enough love. sometimes chemicals need to changed to get the right reaction.
and hunny.....no i dont think you are damaged goods. just the opposite.;)
god bless
lucian

I am with someone that is Bi-polar now an I will never get in a relationship with one again. But that does not mean they are damaged goods. There are goods an bads an all relationships.

some good replies here...its all about if the person is committed to their treatment and trying to be the best they can be. Like ouch said half the damn country (including me) have some sort of mental illness (mine is depression). I am very committed to my program and while it does create challenges in realtionships it also makes me a very caring and deeply sincere human being.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws