over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Development Of A Freak

When performing movements that involve the hips, especially hip flexion and hip extension, (things like squats, deadlifts, etc) we want to be sure that our glutes fire correctly and are involved in the movement.

I find a lot of the time our hips will overcompensate for either weak glutes or glutes that do not properly engage when performing certain movements and appear to be "turned off".

We primarily see weak glutes in scenarios like squatting. When someone squats the glutes should be strong enough and activated during the movement to help keep us from tiling forward (too much hip flexion) during the movement.

However this can also be a product of overly tight hip flexors which produce over tightness anteriorly in the hips.

These are just two scenarios that the hips can over compensate for weak glutes. The hips infact can over compensate for a LOT of different muscles in the whole core/trunk region and beyond BUT they do not have too. My point I want to get across is that proper hip mobility is critical when performing regular bouts of any kind of training whether weight lifting or athletic performance.

lol....who are you preaching to....????

lol....who are you preaching to....????

I'm sharing information I have learned and have helpful for myself. If by sharing it I help someone else then awesome. It helps me learn and retain information and if I can help someone else learn by my "preaching" then it's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its like biomechanics 101......right out of a text book...

did you keep all your books from school...??

:eek: and do you think you can really "turn your glutes off and on"
under a 400lb squat bar...??? lmao

ok.

its like biomechanics 101......right out of a text book...

did you keep all your books from school...??

:eek: and do you think you can really "turn your glutes off and on"

under a 400lb squat bar...??? lmao

ok.

Why do you care what I post in my log?

You are absolutely entitled to your own opinion. Just because what I post may or may not be beneficial or helpful for you doesn't mean it isn't to somebody else.

If you don't have any constructive to add then please don't comment.

Last edited:
Nice transformation. Idk what to think though, some of this thread looks like an infomercial...

Thank you.

I don't really understand what you mean by infomercial. What am I selling? What is wrong with choosing to post what I do?

it is constructive......explain to all of us....WTF you are talking about..???

how do hips overcompensate for glutes..???

i think you have this backwards.....the glutes are one of the strongest
muscles in the body...

how did you come up with your "findings".....????

:cool:

it is constructive......explain to all of us....WTF you are talking about..???

how do hips overcompensate for glutes..???

i think you have this backwards.....the glutes are one of the strongest

muscles in the body...

how did you come up with your "findings".....????

:cool:

There are and can be multiple scenarios in the body where due to lack of mobility in certain structures, tissues, joints, muscles etc can have a lot impact on how other structures, tissues, joints and muscles move, Flex, extend and contract.

For example, if someone has extremely tight hip extensors and/or hip flexors they can easily "take over" in a sense for the glutes in certain movements with various degrees of hip hinge and cause the glutes to not fire or contract properly in those movements. This is a reason we see a lot of low back and hamstring injuries - they are way over used in some movements where the glutes should be taking the brunt of a portion of the movement but don't because they are not properly activated and because those other muscle groups are overly tight or extended etc. depending on the scenario and the movement in question.

This kind of thing is extremely common and having a basic understanding of how the body moves and understanding basically mobility will make it all the more apparent.

I get my "findings" from people like Dr. Eric Cressey from his website and massive amount of mobility and performance content he produces. You can read some about hip and glute relationship at the following links:

http://ericcressey.com/get-your-butt-in-gear

Or even better just go to ericcressey.com and search for his articles regarding.

I also get a lot of this information from the textbook "Becoming a Supple Leopard" by Dr. of PT Kelley Starrett which is a fantastic resource for anyone wanting to understand how to properly move and keep a healthy mobile body.

You can also go to this link to find a ton of such mobility and activation exercises that can be done to make sure everything fires and contracts properly. I think this is hugely important for bodybuilders and powerlifters to ensure that we are getting the most out of our lifts and training sessions.

http://www.prehabexercises.com/hip-and-glute-activation/

But a simple Google search will yield TONS of articles regarding how the hips, as well as other muscles and body structures, can overcompensate for the glutes. You can certainly learn about what I'm talking about by researching about it just like we would for anything else.

You are right that the glutes are one of the strongest muscles in the body but I think a better way to phrase would be that the glutes CAN be one of the strongest muscles in the body IF they properly activate when called upon in various hip hinge/squat/deadlift style movements.

If they arnt trained effectively then they won't reach their potential.

Off day today from training and it has been filled with some work and finally finishing getting moved in and settled into our new apartment. Its real cozy actually, my wife has done a phenomenal job making the place a home.

Reverting back to a 3 on 1 off split as been nice and I certainly feel the improved recovery from it as well from both a mental and physical stand point. For the present time and style of training currently it fits well and keeps me feeling fresh and motivated.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

so glad you brought up GOOGLE..
not to mention all the cut and pastes..
so because someone wrote about it....its YOUR FINDINGS..??

THANK YOU....

carry on with your LOG sir.

:)

Last edited:
Coke just asking you here is pbb is down but do you think you are overthinking it at all? I only ask because I used to have all these complex workouts and diets and really was into the "textbook stuff". I've found much better results with...

Go to gym 3-5 times a week and lift very hard as little or as long as you find pleasurable.

Eat a high protein diet with a lot of plants and add a little more food to gain...less to lose weight.

Take some drugs...take less drugs or no drugs here and there to give yourself a break

Now I used to find it fun coming up with complex plans and diets so if it's fun by all means have at it. But I found the over analysis for me held me back at times. For some it may help I mean look at meadows and all his intricate training and diet and planning every rep out, etc etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311