advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you use Bioperine Black Pepper Fruit Extract as Nutrient Absorption Enhancer ?

devenidas

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Gents please share your thoughts, feedback etc. I am thinking of giving this supp a try. I have never tried it on its own. Once had it with curcumin or in some pre- workout formulas if I remember correctly. Many thanks in advance.

I am getting mainly two products ..

I have read somewhere its bad for you or something along those lines. Dont know why though. Reviews wise what I am getting everyone is positive feedbacks from the end users.

https://www.amazon.com/Source-Natur...qid=1476292708&sr=1-2&keywords=bioperine&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Swanson-Ultr...UTF8&qid=1476294144&sr=1-3&keywords=bioperine

Last edited:
What drugs/compounds/ingredients will you be using it with?

Bioperine can cause elevated levels of the said drug in the blood, which can be a bad thing.

What drugs/compounds/ingredients will you be using it with?

Bioperine can cause elevated levels of the said drug in the blood, which can be a bad thing.

yes this is one of the thing i cam across. so i would probably stick with health supps like vitmins, curcumin etc.

As long as you are not taking things such as strong painkillers, anti depressants, sleeping aids or rec drugs I think it could be a worthwhile supplement to try. I personally wouldn't bother though. As you mentioned it's in many pre workouts so I am using it myself indirectly fairly often.

If I had to recommend a supplement to you (we chat a lot so I know you well) it would be good digestive enzymes before your main meals. I think you would get more out of them then this. You don't really take that many health supplements from my knowledge so there isn't any major value in this for you. Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin so you excrete anything you don't use plus it's easy and cheap to supplement so increased absorption isn't really a major factor to me. Now if you are running 10 different good health supplements this could be of more merit. What are you taking now supplement wise matey?

Sorry I misread your post as vitamin c and curcumin. The same still applies though but it could be worth trying.

Last edited:
from

Home

BioPerine® vs. Black pepper

It is a general impression that the more you consume nutrients, the more will be made use of by the body. But biologically speaking, this is not always true. Some nutrients taken at a higher dose will actually negate the benefit and will not be absorbed by the body. Ideally speaking, the less, the best.
Similarly if one believes that since BioPerine® is sourced out of black pepper, all one need to do is increase the consumption of black pepper. Again you have gone wrong, for the direct intake of black pepper will not help achieve enhanced nutrient absorption.

According to clinical reports, having BioPerine® "in the right place at the right time" in the digestive tract with supplemented nutrient results in enhanced absorption. So, BioPerine® when taken during illness will have the best nutrient absorption. Besides, if piperine were to remain captive in the form of raw black pepper, it will take time for its bioavailability enhancing property to be released. Therefore, a purified extract of piperine is necessary to get the increased absorption.

Piperine is a pungent component found in black pepper, which is in the Piper Nigrum family. This spice has a long history of use in Ayurvedic medicine as a restorative tonic. It is most well known for its ability to support the bioavailability of other foods and herbs in traditional herbal formulas. Much research has supported that it increases the bioavailability of turmeric root by as much as 200 fold.

Piperine extract, which is derived from black pepper fruit, has a long history of use dating back as far as 100 BC as noted in ancient Sanskrit literature. Pepper was a very common spice used in the middle ages to help cover the taste of salt cured meats. It was highly prized and was used as currency. To give you a small idea of how important black pepper was during the times of the early roman empire, 3000 pounds of black pepper was demanded along with gold, silver and silk as ransom to free Rome from the Huns. Due to the value of spices it was well know that those that ruled the black pepper and spice trade, in general, ruled the world.

Piperine has the ability to support the assimilation of food and herbs that are traditionally harder for the body to metabolize. It may support the inhibition of a variety of enzymes responsible for breaking down nutrients. It may stimulate amino acid transporters in the lining of the intestines, as well as, preventing removal of nutrients from the cells so they are available for a longer period of time. Finally, piperine may decrease activity in the intestines and possibly allowing a greater amount of active components to enter the bloodstream in larger quantities. Because of its stimulating effect, piperine has been shown to possibly support the pancreas in releasing digestive enzymes in order to reduce transit time of food in the gut. The powerful end result is the possible inhibition of the rapid breakdown of certain substances allowing for better utilization by the body. This is a big reason why traditional herbal formulas almost always have some form of pepper in it, whether it is black or cayenne.

Piperine has been shown to support brain health because of it’s ability to cross the blood brain barrier, as well as, support other nutrients to do the same. It may possibly support healthy beta endorphin and serotonin levels which can have a positive effect on one’s mood. Because of the way it helps other nutrients to support brain health, it is well spoken of as a nourishing brain tonic. Some of the nutrients it has shown to have a direct effect on include: CoQ10, B6, Curcumin, Amino Acids, Selenium, Glucose. Some of the metabolizing enzymes that are affected by piperine are CYPLa1, CYP1b1, CYP1b2, CYP2e1, CYP34a, as well as, a host of over the counter and prescription drugs. For clarification, when we speak of over the counter and prescription drugs we are simply informing you to be aware of piperine’s ability to increase bioavailability. It may very well enhance their action.

Based on a study done in the Journal of Food and Chemical Toxicology, piperine at various doses, showed a positive effect on mood and overall positive cognitive improvements. It was concluded that piperine is a powerful functional food for the brain. In another study in Planta Medica, piperine was coupled with curcumin to evaluate the bioavailability of curcumin in rats and healthy humans. The results were conclusive. When curcumin was given alone to the rats, moderate serum concentrations were achieved over a period of 4 hours. When piperine was added with the curcumin, the serum concentration of curcumin increased for a 1-2 hour period. Time to maximum concentration was significantly increased while elimination, half life and clearance significantly decreased. When curcumin was given alone to humans, serum levels were either undetectable or very low. The addition of piperine produced much higher blood concentrations within 1 hour after ingestion. The bioavailability of curcumin when taken with piperine increased 2000%.

Whether you use it as a supplement or as a part of your daily food intake piperine from black pepper is a great choice to not just spice up your food but get the most nourishment out of it too. Make spices a daily part of your life as they are an easy way to get a blast of powerful nourishment.

This nutrient is essential especially if you use it in combination with tumeric. It boosts tumeric effectiveness by 2000% and that's very important when you consider the numerous health benefits tumeric has to offer.

This is a must purchase nutrient that can benifit you in soooooooooo many ways. The quality of this product is outstanding and I recommend this nutrient to anyone seeking to maintain optimal health.

This also is good for stimulating your GI system and enhances your energy level as well.

Some possible traditional uses of Piperine may include:

● May support a healthy pain response
● May support healthy levels of beta-endorphins
● May support healthy serotonin & dopamine levels
● May support healthy adrenals
● May support a healthy gut
● Bioenhancement
● May support the production of pancreatic enzymes
● May support a healthy inflammation response
● Combating the formation of new fat cells
● Combating malabsorption and malnutrition
● May support a healthy histamine response
● May support brain health
● May support the transporting of other nutrients and herbs

I pretty much put pepper on every meal of the day... chicken, beef, turkey, eggs etc.

I'm banking on the hope that certain forms of curcumin like novasol and biomor make it so we dont need bioperine. I certainly hope I'm getting the most out of my curcumin, but who knows.

Tried it with my multi, fish oil, etc. It gave me incredible diarrhea. 10 mgs, 5 mgs didn't matter. Always with a meal, too.

Wish I could use the rest of the bottle but haven't found a way to keep my guts from bubbling from it.

Tried it with my multi, fish oil, etc. It gave me incredible diarrhea. 10 mgs, 5 mgs didn't matter. Always with a meal, too.

Wish I could use the rest of the bottle but haven't found a way to keep my guts from bubbling from it.
wow this doesn't sound good.

let's see how it goes. I have ordered a bottle anyway.

#SupplementWhore

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

wow this doesn't sound good.

let's see how it goes. I have ordered a bottle anyway.

#SupplementWhore

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
Yeah, it's strange to me because I have an iron stomach, love spicy food, never have any other problems with supps at proper doses but this stuff is just a pure, concentrated bowel destroyer.

Yeah, it's strange to me because I have an iron stomach, love spicy food, never have any other problems with supps at proper doses but this stuff is just a pure, concentrated bowel destroyer.

Maybe spicy food can quicken your appetite:D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner