advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you believe in "recomp" as an intentional goal?

Luki said it. I rarely get over 220lbs anymore but I’m never over 8-9% bf often a lot less. But I look a lot bigger than 220. My weight stays relatively the same but I keep looking larger every year. Muscle maturity is a real thing too. And yes Lee Haney was a believer in the recomp thing. His weight never changed much but he kept looking bigger.

Yea it's been a thing I've heard maybe the past year or two that recomp is a waste of time. Not sure if u believe it as my last blast I had the same intention and made good progress. If there is heavy bulking and extreme cutting on opposite ends why wouldn't there be a middle ground where things move slower then say a clean bulk? If you aren't moving the scale and you aren't getting fatter but performance is increasing then u must be producing something with the drugs and the training and a maintenance type of diet. I would say it is still producing results that can be maintained, then it's not a waste. Recomp phase is good too if youre not trying to push the drugs
Recomp is not a waste of time. Keep your dick hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

I've done it both ways. Started and 280+ and dieted down and started at 235-ish and worked my way up.

I will say (for me), it takes a lot more time and effort to cut from 285 vs. work up from 235 for both to get to 7% at about 245.

Working with Shelby we used to push food and weight as high as possible and then cut for 16-20 weeks. Working with AJ Sims and Matt Porter we would start lower and get the metabolism cooking and and really start to push high amounts of carbs.

Of note, obviously some chemicals will need to be in play to make a recomp work and you can't be a total bag of shit. 12% to 7% or so is realistic. 16-18% to 7% in a single run is not.

I've done it both ways. Started and 280+ and dieted down and started at 235-ish and worked my way up.

I will say (for me), it takes a lot more time and effort to cut from 285 vs. work up from 235 for both to get to 7% at about 245.

Working with Shelby we used to push food and weight as high as possible and then cut for 16-20 weeks. Working with AJ Sims and Matt Porter we would start lower and get the metabolism cooking and and really start to push high amounts of carbs.

Of note, obviously some chemicals will need to be in play to make a recomp work and you can't be a total bag of shit. 12% to 7% or so is realistic. 16-18% to 7% in a single run is not.
I must say I’m now curious what you look like

How come we all do get to see? Bummer. I’ll be posting mine in this thread for everyone to criticize my scrawny ass
Reasons were given
Not my place to disclose
But we can rest easy that he’s not full of shit
Very refreshing considering the shenanigans around here lately

Trens the only drug I got disproportionately fat on. It simultaneously sky rocketed my appetite, increased my impulsive behaviour (combined with increased appetite this lead to lots of extra meals) and significantly reduced my output.
That's wild. It kills my appetite most the time. Trens weird though. Every cycle I've ever done is different. One cycle I can't sleep. Another one I can sleep but can't eat. Another one I have night sweats or get pissed off easy. Finally gave up on the shit but damn does it work

Anyone who Shelby, Matt and AJ takes on… you can be assured they’re not full of shit. 😎

Not to sidetrack the thread topic but I was lucky to have had time with all those guys.

Shelby was my first coach and really pushed me to eat to grow. It was at a time when he was still working with about 80% men. It was no nonsense, just chicken/rice, steak/rice, eggs/whites, oatmeal, waxy maize/peptopro and a lot of it. I had always been single digit mostly year round but 220 or under. Then my first year with Shelby we pushed to 240, then the next to 260, and the next to 284. The year I hit 284 was all clean food- no re-feeds, cheat meals, etc. The food was tedious but my goals were more important. I'd normally have 1 "deviation" a week which was Chipolte double steak and extra white rice. Man of few words but excellent coach especially for my first one. I think the longest he took to respond to an email was about 35 minutes unless he was at the gym.

After Shelby transitioned to mostly females, I hopped on with Matt. Matt did things different- awesome food/menu choices, pushed carbs high, utilized Humalog, re-feed days, etc. Gear was never too high. I've never competed but had some really good looks with Matt. Kept in touch with him when I moved on after 2.5 years or so and we became friends outside of coaching. I still keep in touch with Rachel from time to time. They were/are very good people!!

Also, had some good looks with AJ. Creative menu/meals, did "super saturation" days with Log, etc , etc. Just overall a solid coach. Look at his IG- he does re-comp a lot of regular guys with average genetics. Not hardly working with competitors too much now but still putting out good results. I've seen some of his gear protocols over the years but I'm not a total prude and I felt things were pretty moderate gear wise- nothing too crazy.

I re-watched these a few weeks ago. Matt had some good Youtube Vids back in the day!

This one is intriguing and may have some relevance to this thread on re-comping.

Not to sidetrack the thread topic but I was lucky to have had time with all those guys.

Shelby was my first coach and really pushed me to eat to grow. It was at a time when he was still working with about 80% men. It was no nonsense, just chicken/rice, steak/rice, eggs/whites, oatmeal, waxy maize/peptopro and a lot of it. I had always been single digit mostly year round but 220 or under. Then my first year with Shelby we pushed to 240, then the next to 260, and the next to 284. The year I hit 284 was all clean food- no re-feeds, cheat meals, etc. The food was tedious but my goals were more important. I'd normally have 1 "deviation" a week which was Chipolte double steak and extra white rice. Man of few words but excellent coach especially for my first one. I think the longest he took to respond to an email was about 35 minutes unless he was at the gym.

After Shelby transitioned to mostly females, I hopped on with Matt. Matt did things different- awesome food/menu choices, pushed carbs high, utilized Humalog, re-feed days, etc. Gear was never too high. I've never competed but had some really good looks with Matt. Kept in touch with him when I moved on after 2.5 years or so and we became friends outside of coaching. I still keep in touch with Rachel from time to time. They were/are very good people!!

Also, had some good looks with AJ. Creative menu/meals, did "super saturation" days with Log, etc , etc. Just overall a solid coach. Look at his IG- he does re-comp a lot of regular guys with average genetics. Not hardly working with competitors too much now but still putting out good results. I've seen some of his gear protocols over the years but I'm not a total prude and I felt things were pretty moderate gear wise- nothing too crazy.

I re-watched these a few weeks ago. Matt had some good Youtube Vids back in the day!

This one is intriguing and may have some relevance to this thread on re-comping.

You answered all the questions that I didn’t want to ask. Thanks for sharing.

You were lucky to work with Shelby when he was still working with males.

I’m with AJ now and can attest to all you just said about him. Just a solid guy and very picky who he takes on. Very hands on.

I’ve never had a chance to work with Matt, but have only heard top notch things about him as you said.

I think it’s worth noting that with a lot of coaches like those three (and others) that they choose who they take on and turn a lot of people away because they can. Hence I said what I did about you- those three guys mean business and won’t take you on unless they see something and want to work with you.

Thanks for sharing!

Matt has you do refeed days when gaining or you mean when dieting? Would be interested in hearing how they are incorporated when gaining, just higher than normal carb days with low fat?

Matt has you do refeed days when gaining or you mean when dieting? Would be interested in hearing how they are incorporated when gaining, just higher than normal carb days with low fat?

We would do the re-feed days while re-comping. I think with Matt about 255-57 was about as high was we went. Stayed pretty tight most of the time with Matt.

They would range anywhere from 500g of carbs to about 1,000 depending on how lean I was. The more lean I was, the more carbs I could handle.

One summer, my metabolism was cranking and I was eating 700g+ daily so there was no need for any specific re-feeds. Anyone that has eating 700 or more grams of clean carbs a day knows that it gets tedious and your jaw gets cramped up.

Trens the only drug I got disproportionately fat on. It simultaneously sky rocketed my appetite, increased my impulsive behaviour (combined with increased appetite this lead to lots of extra meals) and significantly reduced my output.
Holy shit the increase in impulsive behavior is the reason I don’t take it anymore. I was out of control in every area of my life.

Thank you for sharing all that. Makes me sad thinking about that. Unfortunate he is gone.

Absolutely, yes. The objective of a planned, objective-oriented approach to any physique outcome can be bulking (↑↑FFM with de minimis ↑FM), cutting (↓↓FM & retention of FFM), or recomp (↑FFM & ↓FM).

While novices enjoy effortless & thoughtless recomp upon initiating resistance training, and intermediates can still elicit recomp without PEDs (AAS, GH & its secretagogues, β2 agonists, incretins, etc.) just with well-designed training & nutrition, PEDs as the linchpin that ties together training & nutrition makes recomp virtually effortless yet again for the advanced bodybuilder.

It helps to have a structured planned approach (weighted averages, analysing trends on a defined time-frame) that can be adjusted to changes (measured objectively, e.g., ∑SF measures as a sensitive measure, DEXA every 13-weeks/quarterly) to nutrition, periodized training, & a strategy for compound selection and dosing (increasing dose appropriately when bulking).

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131