over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does Anyone watch THE WIRE..HBO?

Hiramabiff

Registered
I think it is the greatest series ever! Coming to a end. With the death of the Legendary Omar Little, it is all down hill from here on at. Only two more episodes left.

Comments? Discuss?

I see you watch it on demand every Monday like me.

So dissapointed in the way that Omar got killed......I can't believe they couldn't think of anything better than that. The Wire is still the best show on TV hands down.

I was upset, but I do understand the reason why he had to die like that. It is always the pup that creeps up on the big dog and snuffs him out.

Here is my two cents on Omar’s death:

Following the “code” that the writers on the show use, Omar’s death at the hands of Kenard does actually make sense (although I hated for him to go out that way since he’s my favorite character). Omar 1) lied to Bunk when he promised no more bodies and 2) got caught slipping with his weakness for kids (last season when Omar dismissed Michael as “just a kid,” is when the writers began to set us up for the Omar/Kenard scene in the bodega).

So although Omar had his code that he followed, he didn’t keep his word to Bunk and he didn’t see all the angles he could’ve gotten got from.

Same goes for the other main characters that were killed off- they didn’t follow the code. Stringer went behind Avon’s back and had D’Angelo killed, then he ratted on Avon to Colvin. Bodie was about to give up the Stanfield organization to McNulty. Prop Joe lied to Marlo about the price Omar was charging when he sold back the shipment at the end of S4, plus Prop Joe set Marlo up at the card game, and lastly, Prop Joe totally slept on Marlo (and Cheese), even though Slim Charles specifically warned Joe at the beginning of the season “Don’t sleep on Marlo, he up to some shit here.” After Joe taught Marlo everything he knew there was no reason for Marlo to keep him around.

I think we will see the same thing with Kenard- I think that he will get killed because he left the gun at the scene where he killed Omar, there was a camera in the store that everyone watching the episode can see and I think Marlo will find that sufficient enough to kill Kenard fearing he will go to the police.

Omar lived by a code..

Agreed... Best show ever on TV. I've been holding off on watching the OnDemand episodes early, so I had no idea about Omar. I definitely didn't see that coming, I thought he would get his revenge and kill Marlo. I figured he'd be picking off Stanfield's people one at a time leading up to the finale. Gonna be heartbroken when the season ends. Good to see that some folks out there actually have some decent taste. Peace, G

Sorry about the spoiler bro. I was not even thinking. I kind of figured out how they are going to end it though. I can say this much..Mcnullty will kill himself; there is no other way. Omar is a classic character. Ranks up there with Soprano.

Sorry about the spoiler bro. I was not even thinking. I kind of figured out how they are going to end it though. I can say this much..Mcnullty will kill himself; there is no other way. Omar is a classic character. Ranks up there with Soprano.

No way man... McNulty can't go out like that. I don't think I'll ever recover. That is my boy. He has definitely gone off the deep end this year, but I kinda hoped it would all work out. Peace, G

Great show. I'm kind of partial to flight of the conchords myself though :cool:

The best, hands down

Damn you for the spoilers (J/K), Omar has to be the best character ever created and has evolved and been acted to perfection. The Wire, as a whole, with it's myriad of characters and interplay at all levels from the street to law enforcement to local politics is as good as a show can get.

I'll be very disappointed when it's over. With all the trash on TV now it stands out as a brilliant effort, start to finish. I can't think of one episode that ever missed the target.

Damn you for the spoilers (J/K), Omar has to be the best character ever created and has evolved and been acted to perfection. The Wire, as a whole, with it's myriad of characters and interplay at all levels from the street to law enforcement to local politics is as good as a show can get.

I'll be very disappointed when it's over. With all the trash on TV now it stands out as a brilliant effort, start to finish. I can't think of one episode that ever missed the target.

The only show that even comes close is The Shield. HBO bought us OZ..I was look a good show. Then Soprano's..flakey at times but...James Gandolfini carried it thru. Then The Wire..blew the doors down!!

The Wire is like watching Oscar winning performances every week..Now riddle me this..NO emmy for the Wire? We know why..Too real, too gritty, too grimey.

"Omar - just as Marlo, had conquered the Barksdales, street crews, cops, robbed the Co-Op (then sold them their product back) and Marlo himself. He actually put a gun to Marlo's face...and that line "Money ain't got no owners, only spenders," was brilliant. Even Marlo recognized that Omar was his only remaining threat.

All of this led to the classic showdown between the two powers. Then like falling off a cliff - we are robbed of it. I could understand if Omar was killed by Kenard LAST season. LAST SEASON focused on the youth, how lil hustlers like Mike, Namond, and Kenard came up. So it would've fit into the plot of last season for Kenard to take out Omar. But Kenard was all of a "extra" this year. No real lines, no real inclusion in the plot!!!

We are justified in expecting more from Omar's untimely death - especially 2 episodes before the conclusion of the series. DON'T BLAME US for expecting what the Wire led us to believe we were getting...a rising climax to a showdown between the two central characters. While what happened was not impossible in real life, it is impractical. How many people gonna walk in a store knowing they are the MOST WANTED man in the city...and not IMMEDIATELY check the door when someone walk in behind them?!? This same man who methodically plotted his revenge, who spent all night casing Monk's place, and Marlo's men...got caught not checking a door in a convenience store - GET REAL. As the viewing public, we deserved more...Omar's character - deserved a better death!!! I.E. Maximus (Gladiator), William Wallace (Braveheart), Cleo (Set It Off), Denzel (Training Day), etc."

Dont forget David Simon bought us the Corner as well..another classic.

Quote "The show's creators are willing to kill off major characters, so that viewers cannot assume that a given character will survive simply because of a starring role or popularity among fans. In response to a question on why a certain character had to die, David Simon said, "We are not selling hope, or audience gratification, or cheap victories with this show. The Wire is making an argument about what institutions—bureaucracies, criminal enterprises, the cultures of addiction, raw capitalism even—do to individuals. It is not designed purely as an entertainment. It is, I'm afraid, a somewhat angry show."

THE WIRE BABY!!!

Last edited:
No way man... McNulty can't go out like that. I don't think I'll ever recover. That is my boy. He has definitely gone off the deep end this year, but I kinda hoped it would all work out. Peace, G

McNulty is one of my faves. He is too far gone to come back. The only way for him to go out is to kill himself. I was also watching how Snoop was interacting with Michael as of late. I suspect there will be a face off with Michael, Chris and Snoop; probably due to Michaels mom snitching to Bunk. They trained Michael to be a superior hitman, but he is a thinker as well; just like Chris. Snoop is a plain old robot. They tried to show us that Chris has a sensitive side as well, when he went to visit his family.

Marlo is straight punk. He is not anything like Avon. I suspect he will be heading to prison; due to the wiretaps. Lester will probably let the young detective take the credit and just retire happy.

Waiting for Marlo in prison will be Avon and crew.

Bunk will probably bring Chris in on the DNA found on Michaels father and BOOM!! bag him with all the bodies found in the Vacants.

The Greeks......in the end... The King always stay the King. B-More keeps rolling on. New come-ups, new problems.

I hope Michael gets out the life. Bubbles will finally get his due after they write a real "homeless story." The newspaper storyline is actually pretty good.

Predictions anyone?

Last edited:
Off topic but does any one know what happened to Rome on HBO?

It has been cancelled. You can catch the past shows On Demand. Itwas a budget of immense size. HBO could not carry it thru.

the wire is definetly my favorite show by far, have the first four seasons on dvd. the character development in it is unparalled, its a show that doesnt follow a formula. havent seen the fifth season though...

You homo!!!!! I am going to pretend i wasn't in this thread. :(

My favorite show tied with jericho and entourage.

SB

damn

i try to wait till SUN now i am fucked up. damn. its all good

Great show missed the 1 season or to I'm hoping netflix might have all of them.you cant go wrong with HBO all of their mini series are great.

anyone know of any inernet site i can see any of the new episode's?
used to have one but they shut down

The Wire is good but....

the best damn show on hbo is/was DEADWOOD.

every character was so complex and each had their own little story which adds greatly to the over all show.

the best character in TV history is AL SWERENGEN!!!!!!!!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws