over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

first full meet results

big_byrd52

World Record Holder/Featured Member/KiloKlub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
hey guys, i had my first full power meet this weekend. it was awesome! but im so sore today! i didnt have any equipment so had to go raw. i weighed in at 228 and totaled 1710.

squat i hit 675 on first. missed 750 on second and came up with it on third but was red lighted for depth. there was some controversy over it cause for some reason the judges were calling paralell when the top of the thigh breaks below the knee?! anyway it was the most ive had on the bar.

bench opened with 405, then threw on an oversized denim for second caused i tweaked my shoulder squatting and didnt want to damge it. hit 460 and missed 485.

my deads suck... or so i thought. i didnt expect my grip to hold up for 495 so i opened with 455. it felt good so took 500, felt like a warmup and this is my PR i set last year! i havent DL over 405 in a year cause i got brainwashed into bodybuilding... i know, shut up. third attempt took 575, but everyone told me to take 6. i didnt think i had even the 575. looked like a warmup! again i was shocked! the whole crowd and the rest of the lifters started yelling at me to put weight on the bar. after a few guys came and talked to me they convinced to see what i had to do for a 4th attempt. well the record was 650 so i had to do 655. Doug, i remember u saying i should be able to pull 7 with my squat so i said what the hell. the card keeper just looked at me kinda funny and said 'big jump!' 80 pounds.

i honestly didnt think i would break it off the floor. to my suprise i locked it out and it didnt even feel that heavy! i got red lighted for hitching though. it was just bad form from never doing them. so ill count that as PR too. a 160 pound PR! not to bad. anyway, i am stoked! forget that bodybuilding BS! i cant wait till my next meet to use karins shirt, briefs and squat suit!

Congrates! It looks like you came into the power world with a big bang! Those are some very nice raw numbers. Hopefully you caught the power bug and stay with the sport, it looks like you could do very well!

oh yea, im stickin with it. this is where i started, but got into bodybuilding. im back to my roots now.

Man were did you lift at? Damn if you don't sound like this guy that lifted at the same meet as me. And congrats those are some really high numbers for being raw.

yea i was up there with u this weekend. i am trying to decide what meet to do next. im thinkin sometime around nov. i need some time to get my strength back up from my BB show, and learn to use my suits and shirt. doug and karin are gonna sponsor me, so i have some gear comin in a few weeks.

What's up big man? Fellas this is one strong f$%ker, this guy shows up with a damn singlet and out lifts most of the damn equiped guys. Man you get some gear you will be making a name for yourself in no time. If you want to come up and train sometime let me know, we're lifting at my house( i'm trying to talk the Mrs. into letting me buy a Monolift :rolleyes: ) Who are you lifting with down there? If you have any questions about equipment, WSB training, etc... Feel free to ask me or anybody on this board for that matter, because most of them know more then I do. Congrats again on the total!!!

i have been training with my girlfreind for the last year. she is the only one i can get to show up everytime on time, and she even does legs with me.

im gonna do the westide for skinny bastards for now to target some weak links i neglected the last 2 years doing BB routines. ill get going full steam in Aug. so ill try to get up there in sept when my strength has come back.

im lookin at getting a crepensek, they are a little cheaper. here is a link:
**broken link removed**

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear