over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Forearms, yes I'm a noob

studmuffin

Registered
I'm a noob because I am not listing the specific forearm muscle, my bad! Anyway, how do I "workout" the forearm muscle that is on the underside??? What I mean is, when you reach your arm out in front of you and turn your palm up facing the sky? The reason I ask is because for some reason if I take a while off of deadlifts, or bi curls, then half to turn my hand over after a heavy workout, for some reason the underside of my forearm is tight and sore as hell! Particularly near the underside of the elbow. Sorry if this did not make sense, so I can try to reword it with technical terms if necessary, but in the meantime, is there any good way to work this muscle in a "great" way??? Would it be those ever so popular V shaped hand squeezer devices from the 80's in different directions???? It is just something that pisses me off because it always gets sore and I want to work it even harder :)

Here is my best way to describe it and looking for workout suggestions to strengthen this muscle:

Hold your right hand out in front of you with PALM DOWN. Now with my arm out and slowly tilt my wrist in EITHER direction (my thumb going left or right), I feel super tight and sore in my under forearm, particularly near the underside of my elbow, but it is not quite near the "bend" of the elbow, it is down on the lower half of the inside forearm........... oh my, I think I am confusing people more! I will shut up for now and try to just respond. Again, just looking for ways to work out this muscle. For some reason it is always very sore on me in BOTH arms so I figured if I get it right I will be able to workout even harder :)

Did you just start training?

When I first started lifting my forearms would hurt so bad just from gripping weight. You just have to build up that muscle. For me it happend over time. I have some pretty big forearms too never actually hit them directly...

Those v grips work good.
Ive seen some guys stand take a straight bar behind them and curl there wrists up as well

Learn the names of your grip positions, which are are supernated, pronated, and nutural. These are small muscles and can be overworked easily and once they start hurting can take awhile to recover. Just work in these small muscles once a week to strenghten them for your heavy lifts.

Last edited:
2 easiest ways

1. grab a pair of heavy dumbells that u can hold firmly for 60 seconds before your grip gives way

sit on the end of a bench press and hold the dumbells to ur side (make sure there touching nothing) and hold until ur grib gives way, (get some chalk coz dumbells are always slippery form peoples sweat)

2. wrist roller, get a broom stick and cut a peice about 1 foot, or 1 and 1/2 feet

then with that peice drill a hole in the centre

then get a thin peice rope (about a metre long), run it through that hole, and tie it to the middle of that peice broom stick

so now u have a peice fo broom stick with a rope in the middle attached

now with the other end of the rope tie a noose knot (cowboy style)

now run that noose knot end through a weight (plate) say 10kg, and then run the broom stick through ti aswell

wat u should have now is a broom stick with rope in the middle and attached at the end of the rope a weight

hold the broom stick peice out infront fo you with both hands at shoulder height and width, and begin rolling the broom stick to the weight slowly rises (like a fishing reel) until it get to the top

do that 2-3 times and ull get some serious forearms, best thing i ever did for mine, and its fukin easy

If you're chronically sore with movement, this could be some sort of tendonitis. You probably want to rest a little bit + heat/ice before trying to train your forearms hard.

Exercises other than what was already mentioned:

1) hanging from a bar, as if you're about to do pull ups. Hold for as long as you can, add weight as necessary.

2) seated wrist curls and reverse seated wrist curls

Not that it'll help with your grip strength, but straps might be good for you while doing rows or deads, to take some tension off.

Hard to explain, but I like to kinda "roll" a DB or a BB up my fingers, kinda by making a tight fist, then loose, then tight. I guess like squeezing a clutch or brake lever on a bike/ATV, leaving your thumbs/wrists/palms still just using your fingers IDK but it works great if you know what I'm portraying here :D

I think you're talking about small tendon - either slightly before or after the bend of elbow. No forearm workout will do anything for that - rest will.

give it some time, your body will acustom to this and you will be fine

I think thatbloke has the best idea yet. I used to have one of those I bought at olympia sports and I loved it. Def made a huge difference

I have a set of 3 gripers....The 225lb one is a bitch!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131