over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GDA’s.

bigzzz

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
So,

I quit metformin because of the latest studies(also pregnancy wise, anti hypotrofy etc.) and started berberine instead.

Now on for 4 weeks and it still gives me the shits, so I don’t think that is going to clear up.

Thinking about trying dihydroberberine but I also read contemplating results with that.

All in all I’m getting pretty tired of those GDA’s with all the side effects. Anyone else got an other recommendation for a GDA or should I just stop taking them and rely on cardio, diet etc.

@luki7788 I believed you also quit them right?

So,

I quit metformin because of the latest studies(also pregnancy wise, anti hypotrofy etc.) and started berberine instead.

Now on for 4 weeks and it still gives me the shits, so I don’t think that is going to clear up.

Thinking about trying dihydroberberine but I also read contemplating results with that.

All in all I’m getting pretty tired of those GDA’s with all the side effects. Anyone else got an other recommendation for a GDA or should I just stop taking them and rely on cardio, diet etc.

If they fuck your stomach up then try using cinnamon. You use it in capsule form or raw on your food or both (best)

If they fuck your stomach up then try using cinnamon. You use it in capsule form or raw on your food or both (best)
Hey Brad,

Thanks for the reply. I indeed already use cinnamon on like 3 of my meals a day. Any recommendations on how much I should take in total?

Hey Brad,

Thanks for the reply. I indeed already use cinnamon on like 3 of my meals a day. Any recommendations on how much I should take in total?
Buy it in capsule form and take supplement and season food. That way you can use it with every meal

Hey Brad,

Use on 3 meals, use 2000mg capsule form in 2 other meals. Also take 400mg chromium per day. This will work well!

So,

There are several other good GDA items besides metformin and berberine.

Jarrow Glucose optimizer is a good one that comes to mind that doesn’t use berberine.

Evogen’s also is a cool blend as Hany added digestive enzymes with the blend so is great with meals.

R-ala is the old fashioned goto. And banaba leaf I believe?

I use a stack of

Berberine
R-ala
Chromium
Biotin
Bromelain

To aid nutriet uptake, insulin sensitivity & digestion. Works well for me so may be worth researching those compounds to see if they might suit you

So,

Yes, since he has been working with Dr. With Ashim, I cut GDA and metformin completely, increased my daily activity and my glycemia is still perfect.

Sounds like some unfavorable studies on metformin came out? What was the jist of these? Thanks

For folks that cannot do Berberine I like DHB in Glucovantage

SNS Glucovantage:
100 mg. GlucoVantage® Dihydroberberine
250 mg. Cinnamon Bark Extract
5 mg. Bioperine®

GlucoVantage XT contains Dihydroberberine (DHB), a derivative of berberine that displays 5x better intestinal absorption than berberine without the stomach upset that some experience with traditional berberine products. I don't think most of the feedback on DHB is that it works that much better than regular Berberine but most do report that the stomach issues are not there.

Write Up

another new form of berberine in Matt's slintensity V2 using Berberine-Puerarin Cocrystals has gotten a shit load of positive feedback and claims superior bioavailability. I have some on hand, have not yet tried.

Write Up

dihydro hasnt been shown to be more effective than regular berberine, even if absorption is higher.

dihydro hasnt been shown to be more effective than regular berberine, even if absorption is higher.
Yep. I’m interested to see how Justin’s new product is received with the added sodium carprate, however.

For folks that cannot do Berberine I like DHB in Glucovantage

SNS Glucovantage:
100 mg. GlucoVantage® Dihydroberberine
250 mg. Cinnamon Bark Extract
5 mg. Bioperine®

GlucoVantage XT contains Dihydroberberine (DHB), a derivative of berberine that displays 5x better intestinal absorption than berberine without the stomach upset that some experience with traditional berberine products. I don't think most of the feedback on DHB is that it works that much better than regular Berberine but most do report that the stomach issues are not there.

Write Up

another new form of berberine in Matt's slintensity V2 using Berberine-Puerarin Cocrystals has gotten a shit load of positive feedback and claims superior bioavailability. I have some on hand, have not yet tried.

Write Up
sais this exactly in post

sais this exactly in post
This does raise the question though, if the supposed increased bioavailability doesn’t translate then is 100mg dihydroberberine really going to be an effective dose? People typically at bare minimum take 500mg of the berberine HCL to see benefits. Perhaps the reason that people are feeling less issues with the DHB is because they are hardly taking much since it’s dosed at only 100mg, and the results you may see in glucose from the supp may just be from the cinnamon?

Just thinking out loud here.

it dropped my a1c from 5.8 to 5.5 while blasting gh at 6-8 iu . this was over 12 weeks. i am taking this brand

https://www.amazon.com/Advance-Berberine-Complex-Dihydroberberine-Phospholipids/dp/B07WTX8TCD/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2PIMBA3SRFH71&keywords=dihydroberberine&qid=1700067684&sprefix=dih,aps,299&sr=8-8

i just take 1 cap at dinner, only.
Yes, but you dont know whether you wouldve achieved that from regular berberine as well.
THere are already studies that have shown that berbine vs dihyrdo have the same effect regardless of absorption.

Do GDA's actually help
sure they do, are they essential? no, but if you want that slight edge they surely help drive carbohydrates and lower BG. Take one with a high-carb meal, and test your BG after, and compare it to without and you can see how much quicker it comes back down, even if you have good insulin sensitivity to start with.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
reachbusinessdirectdubai@
NapsGear