over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Goat? You Guys Eat It?

We eat quite a bit of goat around here... not that cheap though!

I have never tried goat. But I recetnly read that more goat meat is consumed world-wide than any other mammal.

I have never tried goat. But I recetnly read that more goat meat is consumed world-wide than any other mammal.

besides hogs and chickens , goats are about the easiest animals to raise , very very little maintaince.

I like goat meat, milk and cheese.
But I love lamb, too.
And venison and elk... and

ummm...... im guessing that would be an aquired taste. With SOOOOO many other things to eat, i dont think in a million years i would ever try it. Thats fear factor shit. The thought of it is making me want to puke in my mouth. Just my opinion on that matter

Young Goat {less than 20 lbs.} Is not gamey at all. Leaner than lamb, and no "lamb aftertaste"...

....In Italy more goat is eaten than lamb or beef, and in a stew with potatoes, carrots, celery, and olives, it's Really Good Eating. Called Capretto in Italian, Cabrito in Spanish. In Acapulco, MX, there is a restaurant right on the Costera Miguel Aleman, near the Copacabana Hotel, called "El Cabrito" where they roast baby goat on a spit over charcoal right in the front window,and it's truly delicious. They give you a plate of shredded meat, fresh tortillas, and all the veggies, and you pile up your own tacos, wash it down with ice cold beer, and it's GREAT.... {there's a GREAT pharmacy about a block down the street, also....In case you need "antacid" after dinner ;) LOL}

Anyway, my 2 cents....;)

ummm...... im guessing that would be an aquired taste. With SOOOOO many other things to eat, i dont think in a million years i would ever try it. Thats fear factor shit. The thought of it is making me want to puke in my mouth. Just my opinion on that matter

why is that? what makes goat so "grose" to eat as opposed to any other animal.

A chicken is probably the nastiest little fucker on the menu and people eat them without hesitation

why is that? what makes goat so "grose" to eat as opposed to any other animal.

A chicken is probably the nastiest little fucker on the menu and people eat them without hesitation

Your right gunsmith

I think the reason why he said it's "gross" its just a common misconception, it's not everyday people go out to eat "goats" right?

Thus, why my thread, I was curious as to who eats it and who actually likes it.

It was just never a staple.

So I dont he means it that way, his misconceptions are the same as mine, that's all

Your right gunsmith

I think the reason why he said it's "gross" its just a common misconception, it's not everyday people go out to eat "goats" right?

Thus, why my thread, I was curious as to who eats it and who actually likes it.

It was just never a staple.

So I dont he means it that way, his misconceptions are the same as mine, that's all
your right buddy, and thats my opinion. Why not eat cat, racoon, dog, possum, pigeon, seagull, lizards, ferret......... Im sure they taste good too:)

I work with two guys from Africa.....

They Drive 40miles to get Goat. Actually a Farmer kid I know has goats and he makes alot of money off the Mexican Pickers that come up to pick the strawberries and Blueberries in my area. He said the Mexicans will pay what ever he wants for a goat or two. Some people think imagrant pickers don't make money but it's the opposite, for a 2-5 year picker they can make $10,000-$12,000 in a 2-3month period.

your right buddy, and thats my opinion. Why not eat cat, racoon, dog, possum, pigeon, seagull, lizards, ferret......... Im sure they taste good too:)

Cause i've never had the oppurtunity!!
actualy I have eatin dog , raccoon , pigion and a couple differant types of lizards , neutria , bear , beaver , ground hog , snake , osterich , elephant several other African plains antilopes. Inaddition to just about everything lese than can be hunted in North America

If you travel the world enough and have an open mind theirs lots of great tasting things out their.

I eat a lot of goat meat off season. Personally I like it. But you do have to have the hang of how to prep it. It is a naturally tough meat. So I like to stew it to get it softer. Mediterranean spices and goat meat go together nicely.

actualy I have eatin dog , raccoon , pigion and a couple differant types of lizards , neutria , bear , beaver , ground hog , snake , osterich , elephant several other African plains antilopes. Inaddition to just about everything lese than can be hunted in North America

If you travel the world enough and have an open mind theirs lots of great tasting things out their.

abso-fuckin-lutely brother.....there are so many tasty animals out there. Squirel is awsome too! alligator-awsome,ostrich-awsome..i can go on and on

Wow.

Cant say I ate any of those.

However, I will be honest and this is my opinion, I hate the fact that you actually ate "the mans best friend" WTF?

Only because I am a dog lover and a happy Doberman owner.

Just my .2cents

Wow.

Cant say I ate any of those.

However, I will be honest and this is my opinion, I hate the fact that you actually ate "the mans best friend" WTF?

Only because I am a dog lover and a happy Doberman owner.

Just my .2cents

LOL , its not like I went out and killed the neighbors dog fluffy and grilled him , in some parts of the world its a food source , I'm pretty openminded and willing to try new things so I ate it , wasen't somthing that I'd shop for but wasen't bad.

Most people who have not traveled to many third world nations or that are close minded find ALOT of the things people eat in other countries repulsive.

I want to know what the guy who ate the first oyster was thinking?? "hhmmm , let me crack open this rock and eat a wad of shit that looks like i just blew out of my nose" I would never have thought to eat that but sijce being subjected to it I love raw oysters

LOL , its not like I went out and killed the neighbors dog fluffy and grilled him , in some parts of the world its a food source , I'm pretty openminded and willing to try new things so I ate it , wasen't somthing that I'd shop for but wasen't bad.

Most people who have not traveled to many third world nations or that are close minded find ALOT of the things people eat in other countries repulsive.

I want to know what the guy who ate the first oyster was thinking?? "hhmmm , let me crack open this rock and eat a wad of shit that looks like i just blew out of my nose" I would never have thought to eat that but sijce being subjected to it I love raw oysters

I 100% agree with the statement. I will be the 1st to put up my hand and plea my ignorance.

I understand that in other countries, it is what it is.

I too am open to other dishes around the world and I like to get out of my North American box that I live.

Your just 10X more open minded then I am :eek:

Cheers
Chip

Goats meat is pretty tough and I much prefer tender lamb:) however the carcus of the goat reminds me of a dog and maybe it puts me off psychologically and tastes more gross than it should....

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member