over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Had Skin Cancer Cut Out Today

That is true. And knowing the genetics behind your cancer is very important as without knowing that your just guessing if the antioxidants are going to make it worse or better. Maybe its a cancer that loves the higher ROS and by taking the antiox your helping fight it. But maybe your body is trying to kill the cancer by attacking it with high levels of ROS and now your inhibiting your bodies on response.

I highlighted that last part as entire courses are taught just on understanding cancer genetics and is far beyond the scope of a board like this on a Thursday evening while posting and eating dinner lol But LK if you do wanna discuss the cancer treatments which use an increase in ROS I would be happy to go into that a bit (e.g radiation, BSO, or your SOD inhibs) even though Im 99.8% sure your gonna not like those treatments BUT they do work well and cancer is a bitch to treat.

I spent my last semester of undergrad taking a senior level biology cancer course. Complicated is an understatement. Sooooooo many different types and subtyptes and subtypes of subtypes of cancer. Each a little different than the rest.

I spent my last semester of undergrad taking a senior level biology cancer course. Complicated is an understatement. Sooooooo many different types and subtyptes and subtypes of subtypes of cancer. Each a little different than the rest.

exactly. Thats why i keep going back and forth with my comments above as I keep thinking of differences. I generally try to be more definitive with statements but its impossible when it comes to talking about oxidative damage and cancer as its so variable.

Currently in school? I saw another post of yours that I agreed with your statements on a study analysis but I saw that you had it covered just fine so i stayed out of it.

exactly. Thats why i keep going back and forth with my comments above as I keep thinking of differences. I generally try to be more definitive with statements but its impossible when it comes to talking about oxidative damage and cancer as its so variable.

Currently in school? I saw another post of yours that I agreed with your statements on a study analysis but I saw that you had it covered just fine so i stayed out of it.

Professor was a hardass and I learned so much, but you could honestly spend your entire lifetime learning about cancer and still not know jack. That's why when people say "how come they haven't cured cancer yet?" I always try and respond...but it gets too lengthy and technical and people just want to hear some conspiracy theory shit.

Finished undergrad, now onto the next thing. I'll PM details.

Last edited:
I just turned 38 and went to dermatologist two weeks ago. I had a sore on my face that wouldn't heal for about six months. Happened to see an article on Yahoo that was about cancer signs not to ignore and it just so happened having a sore that doesnt heal was on list. Thats the only reason I went to doc. Anyway found I had skin cancer. Went in today and he burned and scraped it out. Didnt spread anywhere. I used to go tanning regularly. Posting this bc im sure a lot of u tan. Just b careful and watch for signs. I have to go to doc every month for ndxt year as the first year is when it usually comes back if its going to.

Ive had a couple spots removed myself. Im MUCH more careful in the sun these days then when I was younger. I only tan now to prevent burning if Im headed to a sunny location.

Professor was a hardass and I learned so much, but you could honestly spend your entire lifetime learning about cancer and still not know jack. That's why when people say "how come they haven't cured cancer yet?" I always try and respond...but it gets too lengthy and technical and people just want to hear some conspiracy theory shit.

Finished undergrad, now onto the next thing. I'll PM details.

We are VERY close to curing HIV as its much easier but cancer is so much more challenging. There is no conspiracy. People are dedicating their lives to find cures and better treatments. People want to get into the "who is funding the research" debate but it comes down to the people doing the research. If people dont trust the results then they should put in the work of getting their PhD or MD and go and do the research themselves. People are doing the best they can, im not against any form of treatment but it has to have good data to back it up. Too many people are quick to knock down a major pharm study because it was funded ( yea well people dont like to work for free) but then want to recommend a herb that has limited data, i dont understand the logic sometimes. Dont like the state of research? Then go do something about it.

Yeah, after dealing with stage 4 bladder cancer myself the last 18 months I get sick of hearing this whole "conspiracy theory' BS. Are you saying there would be no money in finding an effective viable treatment? Hilarious!

Do you realize how far we have come in the last 20 years? Have you compared cancer 5-year survival rates from 20 years ago to what we have today? Guess what folks, that was accomplished with RESEARCH paid for with MONEY. People love simple answers and there are no simple answers with cancer. Its an incredibly complex disease and the more researchers learn, the more complex it gets. Frankly, I don't think there will ever be a "cure" for cancer anytime soon, only better and better treatments to control it as a chronic disease.

When you have many long-term survivors you'll have my attention... long-term survivors trump "science".

Yeah, after dealing with stage 4 bladder cancer myself the last 18 months I get sick of hearing this whole "conspiracy theory' BS. Are you saying there would be no money in finding an effective viable treatment? Hilarious!

Do you realize how far we have come in the last 20 years? Have you compared cancer 5-year survival rates from 20 years ago to what we have today? Guess what folks, that was accomplished with RESEARCH paid for with MONEY. People love simple answers and there are no simple answers with cancer. Its an incredibly complex disease and the more researchers learn, the more complex it gets. Frankly, I don't think there will ever be a "cure" for cancer anytime soon, only better and better treatments to control it as a chronic disease.

When you have many long-term survivors you'll have my attention... long-term survivors trump "science".

Op and Brick and others..i'm glad you guys are beating cancer...shits so fn scary to me....my dad died a few months back of skin cancer...its amazing how quickly it can get you...you guys are in my prayers.

LK: Did the auto industry over estimate or maybe even lie about how much a seatbelt save lives or offers protection in an accident? I have no idea. Are they to blame if someone feel more secure to drive reckless and faster because they feel safer wearing a seatbelt? No way! If you had two people driving under similar conditions and speeds and one was wearing a seatbelt and the other wasnt which one is more likely to have less damage?

That is how I would gauge the effectiveness of sunscreen/block. Not how it is marketed as lawyers just love that stuff, not for the idiot who now stays out 10 days straight in the sun ( aka drives 200mph) but two people with the same time in the sun and then looking if sunblock offers protection. I believe it does offer protection and therefore if someone was gonna spend 4 hours at the beach its better to wear sunblock then to not wear sunblock and still spend 4 hours at the beach.

Condoms offer protection from STD's..but guess what if you were safe before but after getting a condom on you go sleep with a ton of hookers your risks are gonna go up..its not the condoms fault!

Do you have any studies looking at DNA damage with and without sunblock?

i hope you are not taking what i am saying as suggestions not to do certain things...

its simply sharing info for other interested.

different things are right for different people.

i don't like seat belts or condoms! lol
or sun block for that matter! lol

i guess im all about alternative methods of protection! lol

:naughty:

:headbang:

i hope you are not taking what i am saying as suggestions not to do certain things...

its simply sharing info for other interested.

different things are right for different people.

i don't like seat belts or condoms! lol
or sun block for that matter! lol

i guess im all about alternative methods of protection! lol

:naughty:

:headbang:

Haha no worries LK. Pretty sure we have come to a mutual understanding. It's just a good discussion. Going to the beach on Sunday and gonna soak in sunblock before :)

Not its not the ISSUE but our body needs reactive oxygen species in order to give it a cancer at fighting the cancer. So why would you take antioxidants AFTER you have cancer locally? I mean i guess i could discuss a few reasons why during the specific course of treatments one might want to but how would that help with the site of cancer? That seem like it would be locally detrimental and would be preventing your body from fighting it.

I will admit that for a certain group of cancers that our bodies ROS production may make things worse and actually increase certain adhesion molecules but overall antiox, in my opinion is more useful in preventing then treating. And its a careful balance when it comes to prevention and too much decrease can cause the reverse effects.

what i am saying above is a generalization so before I get a ton of PMs ( not from you LK i know you know what im saying) about exceptions I understand that but im just discussing how our body trys to kill cancer cells. ROS can both CAUSE and TREAT cancer. Slippery slope as ROS is found in high quantities in many cancers so naturally you may think we want to neutralize those...the answer is both yes and no lol.

Edit: You did mention above about gluta and how it could have dual actions which was what I was saying.

again i don't disagree with you at all.

like i said different cancers different solutions.

there are studies done where resveratrol and curcumin are used in conjunction with tradition chemotherapy to achieve great results...

its all about using specific things for specific things and reasons.

i think we essentially agree on that. lol

That is true. And knowing the genetics behind your cancer is very important as without knowing that your just guessing if the antioxidants are going to make it worse or better. Maybe its a cancer that loves the higher ROS and by taking the antiox your helping fight it. But maybe your body is trying to kill the cancer by attacking it with high levels of ROS and now your inhibiting your bodies on response.

I highlighted that last part as entire courses are taught just on understanding cancer genetics and is far beyond the scope of a board like this on a Thursday evening while posting and eating dinner lol But LK if you do wanna discuss the cancer treatments which use an increase in ROS I would be happy to go into that a bit (e.g radiation, BSO, or your SOD inhibs) even though Im 99.8% sure your gonna not like those treatments BUT they do work well and cancer is a bitch to treat.

the subject is phenomenally complicated which is what i think is missed in a lot of the discussions we have here.

essentially everything we are saying is broad generalizations that in every case has solid opposing arguments.

there are still so many unknows.
most of the things i talk about are theory, there is such limited info on it and anything that does exists is inconclusive, all that can be said is that it would be great to have more research on the subject.

it is unfortunate in this case that much research does not get done to the fullest as we are talign about natural compounds and we know how that goes in traditional medicine and society.

i am in no way ever suggesting that some one even implement the things i tal about, in order to be effective you really need to have a deep understanding of the total picture and even then it goes back to theory.

most people just are not self aware or responsible enough and i think in general it is best to follow medical advice.

When I was younger, I had many bad burns that blistered up, had skin cancer twice within 10 years, large chunks removed from my upper and lower back. I go see my derm every 6 months, whether I have insurance or not, I find the money to go. I never miss an appointment. Good luck to everyone on here battling it, it's a pain in the ass, wish everyone the best.

Great info guys. Not bad for a bunch of meatheads ;)

But seriously im grateful mine doesnt appear to b too dangerous. I do however have a huge what looks like a hole on my face. Friggen gross. Friend from work jokes it looks like ive been shot by a .22.

Point of my post was just that I hope u guys check urselves for this. Never know.

I take astaxanthin daily and one of its many benefits is its a very good sun protectant. I also find I don't get sun burn as much as I used too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I also take Astaxanthin daily and notice much better protection from the sun. Some people expect instant results, but this stuff has to build up in your system before it meets full potential.

the life is complex and changeable, any ill shoud see the doctor as soon as possible.
Hope you can recovery soon.

When I hear people complain about why haven't we cured cancer yet, I respond with "for the same reason we haven't cured disease yet."

They always look puzzled.

I then tell them "Cancer is not a single thing to be cured, but several dozen different things that are all related by effect. To cure cancer is akin to curing disease - you have to do it one type at a time."

Last edited:
With many phytonutrients, one of the greatest health benefits of watercress is to lower the risk of cancer.

Most studies recommend that the daily intake of over 80 grams of watercress would generate positive outcomes.

Watercress, along with other cruciferous vegetables, contains phytochemical compounds that encourage the body to enhance cellular protection.

Some antioxidants in watercress, such as beta-carotene or lutein (which carrots contain much), have the anti-carcinogenic quality, which is beneficial for cancer prevention.

On the other hand, vitamin C is an important part in the fight against oxidative stress.

Vitamin C possesses the anti-tumor property as well.
Folate is another contributor to this benefit. In fact, even though you increase your intake of folate day by day, it is not harmful at all.

I am very sorry to hear that. :(
Beside professional treatments you are applying, you can try adding lemongrass into your meals. As I know, lemongrass is very supportive to fight cancer. Citral in ingredients of lemongrass may slow down the development of cancerous cells. A different study showed that lemongrass anti-proliferative quality in lemongrass can impede the induction of apoptosis. So I hope at least it could be useful for you!
Here is the link of full article thus you can take a look: https://wikihomenutrition.com/lemongrass-health-benefits

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws