over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hammer strength vs traditional bench

I work out to failure, I like HS for the first exercise since its the heaviest. I can go to failure without worrying about injury. Than I can do BB&DB work with a lighter weight. Using all your tools makes a better workout.

Awesome responses yeah age is a factor I am noticing. At twenty five felt like I could bench press a buick...now at thirty one I get off work, and want to take a nap then drive a buick. I am going to give the hammers a go for a while, and see where they take me. I have the size, just need the polishing at this point. From what I am reading they seem to be a good way to go all around. Also actually being able to sleep on my side after chest/back day is an added bonus. No more sore shoulders.

I love the decline hammer strength. I am not a fan of flat bench. It just never felt right. It doesn't help that I have long arms and my triceps are not genetically ape-like. I do the wide-grip flat smith presses sometime but even those can torque your shoulders.

Overall, hammer strength, flyes, dumbells, and dips FTW.

I stay away from flat bench also, I would rather use machines or dumbbells it seems a little easier on the joints IMO.

Barbell bench is the devil.

Haha your post made me smile Ashop. I agree, although at one point I thought it was king! I think some people's anatomical structure just doesn't mesh well with the movement, especially people with type 2 and type 3 AC joints. As a pec builder I place it pretty low on the list as well. My chest has grown way more since implementing different hammer strength chest presses vs barbell benching, and my shoulders and elbows don't feel like crap anymore. As an added bonus to hammer strength machines sometimes I will loop bands around them for added resistance!

Haha your post made me smile Ashop. I agree, although at one point I thought it was king! I think some people's anatomical structure just doesn't mesh well with the movement, especially people with type 2 and type 3 AC joints. As a pec builder I place it pretty low on the list as well. My chest has grown way more since implementing different hammer strength chest presses vs barbell benching, and my shoulders and elbows don't feel like crap anymore. As an added bonus to hammer strength machines sometimes I will loop bands around them for added resistance!

Its just now worth the risk.

hammer is great for oldtimers like me. better on the shoulders

I like to mix it up and alternate between free weights and hammer smith.
Though I feel that the Hammer Smith Machines Isolate the muscle perfectly.

Seems to me like everyone is agreeing. Traditional is a killer on ur joints. At 35 I'm favoring the machines. I remember in my early 20's I wouldn't even look at Em

Seems to me like everyone is agreeing. Traditional is a killer on ur joints. At 35 I'm favoring the machines. I remember in my early 20's I wouldn't even look at Em

The older I get and the less I worry about ego-lifting, the more I see machines as a very helpful tool in my physique goals. I can really feel muscles being isolated and worked like I want. Of course, free-weights are always going to be needed for work on stabilizer muscles.

Wise words iceman. Once I removed my ego from lifting, and stopped worrying about the weights I was using my physique completely changed for the better.

There are upsides to getting older. Ego does tend to go away, and the worry of what that guy is doing mentality fades it seems. When I was younger lifting seemed more like a job, the diet all that. Now its like yup gotta eat clean to stay healthy, work out to stay strong, and not feel like crap.

I love the hammer strength incline machine. I used it twice a week and it has raised my fkat bench over 50 lbs

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear