over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hctz

BIG1512

Registered
I'm on losartan potassium at 50mg am and pm right now. Well when I go to the dr my bp always creeps up. I guess from nerves. It was 146/85 yesterday. Dr added 25mg hctz to my bp protocol. Anyone use this on top of other meds? I know im holding water from the gh and slin. But idk diuretics always seemed counterproductive to me unless it was for a contest. I figured it would hurt pump in the gym and possibly hurt the kidneys. Wanted some feedback on it.

there is no way that such a dose of diuretic will worsen your pump, etc. - and it certainly won't harm your kidneys, but on the contrary it will help

Diuretics, just like BP drugs, are in most cases a must-have for bodybuilders, not a choice
See I should have went straight to you to begin with. I hate bothering you though.i know you probably stay busy. I will start them in the morning.

I’ve used HCTZ in the offseason for BP and water control. No issues.

Could you tell you had less bloat and looked tighter
Of course, it’s a diuretic. Assuming your bloat is caused by excess water retention, that is. However, lots of people think their excess body fat is water so take that for what you will.

Of course, it’s a diuretic. Assuming your bloat is caused by excess water retention, that is. However, lots of people think their excess body fat is water so take that for what you will.
I have some stomach bloat right now. But I stay pretty lean for the offseason. I'm hoping it will take that bloat down. You know you look tight and vascular but the stomach bloat ruins the look. So hopefully it will make me look better.

I have some stomach bloat right now. But I stay pretty lean for the offseason. I'm hoping it will take that bloat down. You know you look tight and vascular but the stomach bloat ruins the look. So hopefully it will make me look better.
This sounds like a digestive issue possibly, not water.

You have to understand too in the offseason your stomach will just be distended at times, it’s the reality of pushing food. It will distend when unflexed.

I take 12.5mg hctz daily alongside some lisinopril which doesn't do shit. All my BP issues are driven by water and diet helps control that so if doing everything right I could even eliminate that (heavy travel tends to mess things up so I just keep in the minimal dose and it balances out). HGH drives up water so when reacclimating I'll increase the hctz until I hit the hgh dose I want and bloat subsides. Useful drug for me.

Losartan is a weak BP med. If your BP gets worse, switch meds.

I take 12.5mg hctz daily alongside some lisinopril which doesn't do shit. All my BP issues are driven by water and diet helps control that so if doing everything right I could even eliminate that (heavy travel tends to mess things up so I just keep in the minimal dose and it balances out). HGH drives up water so when reacclimating I'll increase the hctz until I hit the hgh dose I want and bloat subsides. Useful drug for me.
Similar to how I’ve used it. I’ve come on and off many times as needed no issues.

Well im gonna start it tomorrow and see how it goes. Hopefully it will bring my bp down and knock some water off.

Only issue I’ve had with diuretics are during the summer when I’m working/sweating a ton. Couldn’t stay hydrated and was dizzy all the time. Opted for an ARB after that.

I am going to start lower then im prescribed as well. Gonna start with 12.5mg. Get a feel for it and go from there.

I am going to start lower then im prescribed as well. Gonna start with 12.5mg. Get a feel for it and go from there.
Smart move

Still curious though why you think your stomach bloat is water? Are you implying you’re holding fluid actually inside your abdomen?

Do you have any signs of actual subcutaneous water like moon face, ankle edema, maybe some in your lower stomach?

I'm on losartan potassium at 50mg am and pm right now. Well when I go to the dr my bp always creeps up. I guess from nerves. It was 146/85 yesterday. Dr added 25mg hctz to my bp protocol. Anyone use this on top of other meds? I know im holding water from the gh and slin. But idk diuretics always seemed counterproductive to me unless it was for a contest. I figured it would hurt pump in the gym and possibly hurt the kidneys. Wanted some feedback on it.
I have 25mg of HCTZ in the mix with my ARB and BB. Google white coat syndrome, get a BP machine (xtra large cuff) and check your BP at home too. My BP is always high at the doctor, especially when the nurses ignore you when you request an XL or thigh cuff.

I have zero issues with pump and I still bloat or don't bloat dependent on my diet. The HCTZ just takes the edge off, 1-3lbs maybe, but this is during a bulk and I have yet to use it year-round (but I might moving forward, dr prescribed). It dropped my BP an extra 3-5 points top and bottom, 25mg is not a high dose, whatever effects it has on kidneys (yes there are some negatives to HCTZ and kidneys) will pale in comparison to long term high blood pressure.

Edit - Just a heads up, it does take a week or two to adjust to it. When I first started, I would take a salt pill in the morning and a few hours later to help with sodium, I no longer need to.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear