over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

high protein, mod-high fat, mod-low carbs

richiec

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
anybody try this and have success in fat loss?

A lot of people talk about being carb sensitive, so say a person eats the majority of their carbs around training time (pre and post) and the rest of their diet throughout the day is protein and fat. Would this be condusive to fat loss? Say 40g protein and 17+/-g fat per meal.

Just curious to what some of you have to say

perhaps if I asked about 4-5 different compounds I would've gotten an answer lol

has anyone tried this approach?
I'm on nothing at the moment

protein is from lean beef, turkey, chicken, shrimp
carbs from fruits, veggies and occasional white rice or sweet potato
faits from nuts and eggs

2 of the people I hoped would chime in are viewing....keeping fingers crossed :)

Last edited:
Well

I think you and I have discussed this.....not sure. BUT, you MUST do something you can live with.......this looks brutal......I could not live with it. I need more carbs to grow......its all about muscle......my approach is eat when hungry but carbs all day long.

I've tried this approach and for getting lean it worked well but I too found that I simply couldn't fill up enough without some extra carbs for mass

id start with fat around 25grms a meal. diet works great for me. you just need to give it an honest month cuz the first 2 weeks you will feel like shit, flat, and weak. starting the 3rd week you feel better and by the 4th week you will feel like a million bucks, strong, great sense of well being

I'd do this only for trying to lose BF... maybe doing med carbs if you want to gain muscle...

But I find going 0 carb in meals other than pre/post workout meals makes my energy levels swing pretty bad... makes me very low energy and workouts definitely suffer from it unless I take stimulants

I think there are better approaches to gaining/dropping bf

For this precontest diet I am doing exactly what you described

and I can say its working fantastic

my Peri-Workout meals have plenty of carbs, my other meals are mostly protein/fats/veggies

I have all the energy I need to fuel my workouts and replenish after. but my offdays are low carb and so are first and last meals of the day.

Its been very easy to stick to as well, and i didnt lose any fullness or strength so far.

my diet goes like this

m1-protein/fat/veggies
m2-protein / 1 serving carbs
m3-protein / 2 servings carbs
---training---
m4-protein / 2 servings carbs
m5-protein / 1 serving carbs
m6- protein/fat/veggies

and then my offdays from the gym are low carb mostly protein/veggie/fat meals

ive been doing basically isocaloric diet and its working well. easy to stick to also. 200g protein, 200g carbs, and about 80-90 fat a day. gives you a lot of freedom to play around with different foods

Marking thread to follow

i find using this diet fat literally melts off me especially if you are on gear. protein i keep at 1.5-2 grams per bodyweight, carbs are 50 grams pre and post workout, and fats are kept to about 20-30 grams a day. I cycle this for 5 days and than refeed for 36 hours. Fat melts off and no muscle loss. During the 5 day low carb cycle your cals are cut approximately in half. You are literally just partioning nutrients to fuel your workouts and recovery and use bodyfat for all other energy, and have your protein intake high to avoid any muscle loss.

i find using this diet fat literally melts off me especially if you are on gear. protein i keep at 1.5-2 grams per bodyweight, carbs are 50 grams pre and post workout, and fats are kept to about 20-30 grams a day. I cycle this for 5 days and than refeed for 36 hours. Fat melts off and no muscle loss. During the 5 day low carb cycle your cals are cut approximately in half. You are literally just partioning nutrients to fuel your workouts and recovery and use bodyfat for all other energy, and have your protein intake high to avoid any muscle loss.

i would be an unproductive mess 5 days out of 7 if i did this

I do this year round when adding muscle or stripping fat. After 10 years of doing just about every diet protocol out there I honestly wouldnt do it any other way now.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mvdds
NapsGear