over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Housing market

I love it brother! Awesome!!! Love your plan and mind set! I have recently stopped killing myself working also because of the cash flow from real estate and I hope the cash flow and net worth keeps growing. Great job! Impressive! Love your thinking! One of the greatest things in my opinion is true financial freedom!

Yes, if people would understand the power of residual income as well as having an investment account, they be much better off.

Good site here that shows prices of commodities like lumber. You can see here how lumber prices went nuts last year and this. Starting in May they have come down. Prices down now 57% since May but they still have a long way to go. They were up about 300% in May.

Good site here that shows prices of commodities like lumber. You can see here how lumber prices went nuts last year and this. Starting in May they have come down. Prices down now 57% since May but they still have a long way to go. They were up about 300% in May.

There were significant factors. We had major wildfires, some nutcase blew out all our trade deals with Canada, plus then you had a huge decrease in need with Covid, then a massive increase with Covid recovery. Lumber will settle in time. Large amounts of new starts are generally a good economic signal, but takes the market more out of my reach so I'm good/bad on that. Buying bounces from housing and real estate speculation to equities, to bonds, to consumer spending, and around she goes.

But no doubt it hurts to look at costs for a new deck, garage, or even new home. I'm putting in a new garage here this summer and it's been a pain.

There were significant factors. We had major wildfires, some nutcase blew out all our trade deals with Canada, plus then you had a huge decrease in need with Covid, then a massive increase with Covid recovery. Lumber will settle in time. Large amounts of new starts are generally a good economic signal, but takes the market more out of my reach so I'm good/bad on that. Buying bounces from housing and real estate speculation to equities, to bonds, to consumer spending, and around she goes.

But no doubt it hurts to look at costs for a new deck, garage, or even new home. I'm putting in a new garage here this summer and it's been a pain.

I built my garage out of metal studs and bolts. The siding is aluminum insulated panels. Roof is metal sheets. It is well constructed.

I built my garage out of metal studs and bolts. The siding is aluminum insulated panels. Roof is metal sheets. It is well constructed.
Yeah I'd like to see metal framing done for residential homes. A friend of mine owned one that was built in the 60s, so I know that it's been done in the US. Problem is from what I understand, there aren't many workers trained in how to do it. Metal is cheaper, stronger, lighter, and fire resistant. Not too many downsides I think.

I would have liked to do that. Would have been half the cost. The only problem is that I have a brick house. The design that most closely matched the house (wood w/insulated siding and red and slate colored trim and roof). The new garage has it's own breaker box, a side entrance, two windows, and an automatic garage door. All the windows are heavy duty insulated and all trim matches the brick. I did go with the metal roof with a full length vent and rain gutters because the slate color matches really well. The all steel/aluminum designs I looked at were pretty basic. Not as "homey" looking. More industrial looking.

It's more money but it will increase the value easily balancing out the cost because it adds to the sq footage (bc of the climate control).

I remember when I paid the final payment on the home in 2011. I thought I would never have to put any more money into the house. I must have been out of my mind. No idea where my brain was on that one. Before the girls were born, I was set to leave the US for an ex-pat community in the Yucatan. Now it looks like I'll have to put that back by about 12-15 years.

I would have liked to do that. Would have been half the cost. The only problem is that I have a brick house. The design that most closely matched the house (wood w/insulated siding and red and slate colored trim and roof). The new garage has it's own breaker box, a side entrance, two windows, and an automatic garage door. All the windows are heavy duty insulated and all trim matches the brick. I did go with the metal roof with a full length vent and rain gutters because the slate color matches really well. The all steel/aluminum designs I looked at were pretty basic. Not as "homey" looking. More industrial looking.

It's more money but it will increase the value easily balancing out the cost because it adds to the sq footage (bc of the climate control).

I remember when I paid the final payment on the home in 2011. I thought I would never have to put any more money into the house. I must have been out of my mind. No idea where my brain was on that one. Before the girls were born, I was set to leave the US for an ex-pat community in the Yucatan. Now it looks like I'll have to put that back by about 12-15 years.
No real surf on the Yucatán. What you gonna do there homey, besides siesta?

One added thing: when it comes to my primary residence, I get all out of wack with anxiety with these projects bc unlike investment properties much of my leverage for additional mortgages depends on total equity of all my homes and on hand cash (down payments) which is barely over 2 million dollars. Like many have mentioned here, the stability of my primary residence is paramount. Even if my properties, portfolio, and on-hand cash all evaporated, I'd still have my primary residence unencumbered. I don't have the 100's of millions many have here. I'm less than 20 on paper. In Pennsylvania, that might as well be 100 million in CA, FL, or Arlington suburbs.

And that peace of mind is gold to me and my family. It keeps me sane. I'm a bit more extended than I like now until these upcoming 2 sales which will reduce my load considerably. I sure am going to be a little stressed until their financing is approved. Both should be this week (thank goodness). I will be taxed on the 200k income for those properties but still a little over 100k. Not a bad month's work (at least for me).

The other shield is that all these property dealings required I incorporate (sub-S) which almost entirely shields me from any liability as long as I play by their rules. I even pay myself a salary to reduce total corp income and do a yearly disbursement for the rest which I pay personal taxes on (rather than corp taxes, which are higher).

No real surf on the Yucatán. What you gonna do there homey, besides siesta?
Beachfront hammock, margaritas, pool, seafood, and to be the total slob I always dreamt I could be!

Beachfront hammock, margaritas, pool, seafood, and to be the total slob I always dreamt I could be!
Sounds awesome, I’ll be on the other side of the country doing the exact same thing except add in catching some nice mellow peeling point breaks 🙂

@Matsuo Munefusa
Breaks and tubes is a game for you young folk. One crossed up ankle and my knee (the water is heavy) will be feeling it. Normally that shit would heal in a week. Now that shit takes 6 months for me. Age sucks. It's cool though. I've been all over the world, climbing, diving, spelunking, crossing glaciers, volcanos, dove out of planes. I just want to see the Earth from space. That's all I got left in the bucket list. And it looks like I might get the chance in my lifetime. Hell yeah, I'll drop 50, 100 grand to do it. I spent almost that much on Chimborazo. Screw it. I want zero gravity and photos dammit!

@Matsuo Munefusa
Breaks and tubes is a game for you young folk. One crossed up ankle and my knee (the water is heavy) will be feeling it. Normally that shit would heal in a week. Now that shit takes 6 months for me. Age sucks. It's cool though. I've been all over the world, climbing, diving, spelunking, crossing glaciers, volcanos, dove out of planes. I just want to see the Earth from space. That's all I got left in the bucket list. And it looks like I might get the chance in my lifetime. Hell yeah, I'll drop 50, 100 grand to do it. I spent almost that much on Chimborazo. Screw it. I want zero gravity and photos dammit!
You can do it now on Virgin for just $250,000.

A real-estate developer my wife deals with from time to time is going to the ISS for about 1 week. That cost him $24 million.

@Matsuo Munefusa

Bahaha “you young folk”

Man all my heroes are getting old now and still after it.

That would be amazing though for sure (space).

I’ve got a little over 500 skydives and 2 high alti jumps (oxygen in plane).

Anyway retiring in Mexico to chill/surf/relax is a dream of ours. I figure we need at least 3 rentals. That means I need to build one more house if I rent my house and our other house. I’ll do it all with cash. We’re in a desirable location so I think that would work. You think 3 rentals could support 2 people plus let’s say a half million dollar portfolio?

Bahaha “you young folk”

Anyway retiring in Mexico to chill/surf/relax is a dream of ours. I figure we need at least 3 rentals. That means I need to build one more house if I rent my house and our other house. I’ll do it all with cash. We’re in a desirable location so I think that would work. You think 3 rentals could support 2 people plus let’s say a half million dollar portfolio?

Depending where you go in Mexico, but you should have no problem. Stay away from big touristy areas and retire comfortable.

Bahaha “you young folk”

It very well could. Especially if you have a retirement/pension to add. Then you can shift the bulk of your portfolio into dividend paying stocks (usually pay out quarterly), plus have some income from the properties, all while keeping the 0.5 mil invested, yeah sure. I don't see why not. But I would consider that the absolute minimum to be comfortable.

I plan on keeping my residence here in the US as well as have a home down there as I will still have to fly back every few months to maintain my place on both boards. I'm still 20 years away from traditional retirement age where Social Security, Medicare, etc kick in but those benefits are negligible anyway. Right now it's all about seeing daughters off to college. By the time my youngest goes to college, I will have spent almost 45 years of my life raising kids. So I'm firmly rooted here until the girls leave the nest.

As for the age thing, I'm glad your group can still shred at their (my) age. I've done so much downhill skiing and water skiing over the years and still do but for some reason surfing, snowboarding, and skateboarding were never intuitive to me. I'm awful at all three. Something about being sideways I think. I like shoulders squared off. I'm (mostly) ambidextrous meaning only that I do some things righty, others lefty. So with all types of boarding I never know which foot to put forward. Neither have ever felt exactly right. Snowboards you can switch it up so it's the best of the three but the speed and traction of my BD fast skis will blow any snowboard away and we all know it.

I also want to have my boat and jetskis, quadrunners and offroad bikes down there. I want my own road vehicle and an overall decent sized hacienda. I'm pretty excited about it all. The scuba diving is great, too... gonna be schweeet.

You can do it now on Virgin for just $250,000.

A real-estate developer my wife deals with from time to time is going to the ISS for about 1 week. That cost him $24 million.
A week in space would be the absolute bizomb! A sunrise every 90 minutes at that speed. 24 million $...damn. His week on the ISS is costing him more than my net worth! I just read that ppl were offering over a million for a seat on the Virgin flights. Apparently Bezo's is going to reach higher altitude. Let's see how this all plays out. I want to add astronaut to my resume so bad.

There is NEVER a bad time to buy real estate. Always good deals if you know how to search.
Prices are through the roof……however inventory is at a record low. Next two generations of home buyers are massive and coming online now!
Rent is NOT going down.

I just listed my house in a desirable area of NJ on Monday. Gotten over 1000 likes an 30 saves on zillow. Obviously hoping for the best.

DESTROYING The American Dream With Build To Rent Homes

DESTROYING The American Dream With Build To Rent Homes

This is happening all over Florida. The higher interest has slowed their pace but they still have projects under construction and future site work in progress for the next communities. From Tampa to Marco island built to rent is part of Florida’s new lifestyle.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131