over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hrt and being overweight

biggn

Newbies
Im 38 and weight around 390 at 6' been powerlifting for awhile and in the past year I've been having trouble dropping weight and staying soar after training for a lot longer than normal, went and had bloodwork done and total test can back at 240 and all other labs where good doc wanting me to take some over the counter supplement instead of injectable test, thought about doing on my own but wasn't real sure, any opinions or solutions would be great thank you.

Im 38 and weight around 390 at 6' been powerlifting for awhile and in the past year I've been having trouble dropping weight and staying soar after training for a lot longer than normal, went and had bloodwork done and total test can back at 240 and all other labs where good doc wanting me to take some over the counter supplement instead of injectable test, thought about doing on my own but wasn't real sure, any opinions or solutions would be great thank you.

240 is pretty low. I would be getting second opinion from another doctor

Yeah 240 is low. If you're not happy with the treatment your Dr is giving you, I'd look for another one. Working with a Dr for getting the different levels right intially can be great. If you do deside to go it on your own, do your homework and make sure you get regular bloodwork done! Carrying extra BF can really effect things as well.

Testosterone and body fat are intimately related for us guys. Either one can strongly affect the other and even lead to a viscious cycle of increased weight gain and lowered testosterone.

From a quick google search,

"Let's start with what happens when you put on extra body fat: you slowly begin to increase cortisol, lower testosterone and decrease human growth hormone. If you reach medical obesity, all three of these hormones are negatively impacted very significantly. [1]

Why does increased body weight lead to a reduction in testosterone levels? The reasons are many, but one of the most important is increased aromatization. Fat cells contain aromatase and as you increase weight your levels of this enzyme increase. Unfortunately, aromatase converts testosterone to estrogen (estradiol) and so the all important testosterone/estradiol ratio is shifted downward. "

Two ways to approach this... one drop weight and your test levels will most likely show significant improvement and two, start TRT now, your levels definitely support this... As for OTC supplementation recommendations from your Dr. WTF? Maybe give prayer, voodoo, or a wishing well a go also...

Thanks guy I appreciate the responses I think I'm going to start trt on my on cause the docs down here seem to be scared to write a script, thank again

Dude, not being mean, but you are 390lbs, at only six foot, you are severely morbidly obese. At 38 years old, you are a heart attack weighting to happen. Dont worry about your trt, drop some weight thru a life style change, for your health and stop power lifting. Just saying, not trying to hate.

Last edited:
I have to agree. 390 is wayyy too heavy. Drop the weight. I was 307 at one point in my life at 6'1"...got it down to 220 and I'm a completely different person. Older than you too.
I'm up to 235 now, but a much better composition...right around 10% BF. All of this took me about 2 solid years of tough training and strict diet.

Did the dr offer to run any other labs to determine why your t levels were low? Did you run your labs in the am within a couple hours of waking when t is at its highest?

Stop powerlifting and head to your local Brazilian Jiu jitsu gym. You'll drop the weight, get in shape, learn a new skill, and replace 1 competitive hobby with another. Pm me if you need help finding a good gym....

Labs where done in the morning fasted, and thanks for the comments I've dieted and trained before especially over the past year and was not having much results practically none and as for training I do all powerlifting movements but all train other body parts not just squat bench and dead lift I do cardio 30 to 40 min atleast 4 times a week i stat tired, never heal from a workout, im always ready to snap at somebody constantly moody this is what I told the doc and he ran the bloodwork and suggested trt but he doesn't seem to want to give me test he wants to try a over the counter test booster. Thanks again

Labs where done in the morning fasted, and thanks for the comments I've dieted and trained before especially over the past year and was not having much results practically none and as for training I do all powerlifting movements but all train other body parts not just squat bench and dead lift I do cardio 30 to 40 min atleast 4 times a week i stat tired, never heal from a workout, im always ready to snap at somebody constantly moody this is what I told the doc and he ran the bloodwork and suggested trt but he doesn't seem to want to give me test he wants to try a over the counter test booster. Thanks again

Did he request to run labs on you lh levels? You want to determine why you are low before moving forward with trt

He did a full work up (atleast that's what he called it) I know it cost a shit load with insurance it was 900++ I don't have insurance and it cost me 360 ill haft to look at the results and see if the ih levels are in there I never looked for them before thanks

Low Test is common in overweight men. Problem is, the aromatase enzyme (which converts Test to Estrogen) lives in fat cells. So, more fat = more estrogen. Which is what's happening to you now. High estrogen then suppresses the hormonal axis responsible for producing test.. It says "Too much estrogen! So, gotta make less test, so there's less conversion to estrogen".

Two routes of solving it: Lose weight. Doesn't matter what the problem is; too much food, too little activity, thyroid imbalance etc. Get it solved for your own good, Man.

To just raise test: Start using an Aromatase inhibitor (Estrogen conversion inhibitor). Most of the the studies done on Estrogen Inhibitors in men, like Letro/Arimidex/Aromasin were done in obese populations. So there's data showing improved Test levels using just an AI.

Adding just TRT Test to you system now would have low impact and create a ton of estrogen conversion.

But low test is just one and the least of the problems here. I'd be getting a Thyroid panel done and sticking to better meal plan. Good luck!

Low Test is common in overweight men. Problem is, the aromatase enzyme (which converts Test to Estrogen) lives in fat cells. So, more fat = more estrogen. Which is what's happening to you now. High estrogen then suppresses the hormonal axis responsible for producing test.. It says "Too much estrogen! So, gotta make less test, so there's less conversion to estrogen".

Two routes of solving it: Lose weight. Doesn't matter what the problem is; too much food, too little activity, thyroid imbalance etc. Get it solved for your own good, Man.

To just raise test: Start using an Aromatase inhibitor (Estrogen conversion inhibitor). Most of the the studies done on Estrogen Inhibitors in men, like Letro/Arimidex/Aromasin were done in obese populations. So there's data showing improved Test levels using just an AI.

Adding just TRT Test to you system now would have low impact and create a ton of estrogen conversion.

But low test is just one and the least of the problems here. I'd be getting a Thyroid panel done and sticking to better meal plan. Good luck!

Thank you

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner