over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lat Spread Variations

Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Which of these 2 lat spread varations do you guys think looks the best? The first is my "standard" and the second was a pic the camera took before I had fully opened up into the pose... but I seem to look just as wide in it, but also thicker in the mid-back / traps.

Attachments

• 6-24 rls1.jpg
    6-24 rls1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 587
  • 6-24 rls2.jpg
    6-24 rls2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 573
The 2nd one looks better...not sure if it's a tad different lighting but I see a lot more detail in your back. I have seen some competitors roll their lats out too far that they almost fold them forward....and they hold the pose there. Maybe that is why you look like the same width...

Looking great man...I know you'll be moving up a weight class this year!

I like the second one also...definetly thicker and more defined..

Thanks guys. I'm going to tinker w/ the second one and see if I can "optimize" it.

Cheers

They both look good to me. Maybe the 2nd one, I like a little better. Bro, you are looking large right now! I have followed your comp prep threads on the boards, and I believe this is the fullest and thickest I have seen you look. Great work. If I may ask, what are your plans for the rest of the year?

JaySee said:
They both look good to me. Maybe the 2nd one, I like a little better. Bro, you are looking large right now! I have followed your comp prep threads on the boards, and I believe this is the fullest and thickest I have seen you look. Great work. If I may ask, what are your plans for the rest of the year?

Thank you.
My plans for the rest of the year are to keep improving and growing, and compete next year at the Jrs as a lightheavy.

!berserker said:
Thank you.
My plans for the rest of the year are to keep improving and growing, and compete next year at the Jrs as a lightheavy.

You are going to be a really good one, you and db006......The second one is better imo too....

Thanks bulldog21.

Hopefully I convince db006 to skip the Jrs next year and just focus on the USAs ;)

But you need to do the Jrs next year as a SHW, okay?

!berserker said:
Thanks bulldog21.

Hopefully I convince db006 to skip the Jrs next year and just focus on the USAs ;)

But you need to do the Jrs next year as a SHW, okay?

I have to take care of some things with Strongmind and myself (she is going to move up here next May) Put two good years training with DC if he has time to train me and right after this show heal some injuries first, train hard, and grow like hell.....

I have targeted 2008 Juniors as my National debut and also compete as a legitamate SHW...

Also 2nd pose. Both look wide!! Good luck esp with healing those injuries. I had shoulder surgery last Aug and it really slowed things up.
EdMan

Ok I toyed around with the posing at lunch, and I think I've finally got it down pretty well. Let me know what you guys think:

Attachments

• djames6-d.jpg
    djames6-d.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 485
COPA I like the second one.

In the first one I'm rounding my back over too much, trying to make it look wider. The second one was an accidental pic taken by my camera as I was setting up to do a lat spread like #1.. I'm arching back more, spreading out but not starting to round over. I'm pulling my shoulder blades downwards too, if that makes any sense.

!berserker said:
Ok I toyed around with the posing at lunch, and I think I've finally got it down pretty well. Let me know what you guys think:

LOL....looking good Dennis. I mean Shelby.

2nd pose agreed. And by the way thats a plush looking sauna/gym. Wish mine was that nice.

!berserker said:
In the first one I'm rounding my back over too much, trying to make it look wider. The second one was an accidental pic taken by my camera as I was setting up to do a lat spread like #1.. I'm arching back more, spreading out but not starting to round over. I'm pulling my shoulder blades downwards too, if that makes any sense.

Thanks.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311