over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lexapro

Papa Van Smack

Verified Customer
Registered
I was prescribed this for depression. First morning I took one and 30 minutes later I felt like I was on mushrooms, without the fun part. I took a few days off, it scared me shitless, well.... not literally. The past four nights I've been taking it right before sleep.

Im curious to other members experiences with Lexapro. Im still hesitant to trust it.

with a lot of depression meds it takes time for you body and brain to adjust and regulate things. I’d say contact your doc and tell him what your experiencing. He may ask you to fight through it for a time or he may try something else.

they should start you low and ramp you up. I took it in the past and didn't like it and stopped. Taking it in the morning was worse than at night for me.

My opinion . . .

Highly unusual to feel the effects you were feeling 20 minutes into your first dosage,
let alone long into a therapeutic dosage.

Typically, dare I say always, you start low and over the course of time, like 4 - 6 weeks,
you and your doctor talk about the effects and then it becomes joint decision to continue
or discontinue usage.

Unfortunately, there is no 'one-size-fits-all' medication. Everybody responds differently
to psychoactive drugs and it is equally unfortunate that it can often becomes a long,
arduous, and drawn out process of trail and error to find the correct medication for you.

Have patience and above all like others have mentioned, consult your doctor. It sounds
like you have not been on them long enough for discontinuance to be abrupt, like now,
if that is what your psychologist recommends.

PLEASE do not take medical advice from anyone about SSRI's other than your doctor. Your fucking with brain chemistry, this is NOT the place. Everyone responds differently to medications/drugs, etc. If you don't believe me make a post about TRT @ 200mg and watch what happens. Good luck, properly utilized and dosed SSRI's literally saves lives.

Or don’t listen to your doctor because they can Fuck you up with them as well. I was put on 4 different meds for depression. All of them literally made me put a gun in my mouth. And they just wanted to write another script. None of them had any interest in finding causes before giving dangerous drugs. I no longer trust doctors advices.

5 year psych nurse here, and 9 years dealing with MDD and GAD.

Lexapro can make you feel weird the first few doses, like autopilot and hazey. I’m sure they started you at 10mg. If you want, start at 5mg and work your way up back to 10mg. Give it an honest month. Don’t skip doses, give it time.

SSRIs, SSNRIs, man, it takes trial and error. I tried Prozac, lexapro, cymbalta then finally landing on Effexor.

Just takes time. And work with therapists, CBT, mindfulness. PM me if you have more questions. Always happy to help

That's funny that sounds like how I feel everytime i try to take cabergoline. Even the smallest dose. Less than 0.25mgs, it messes me up so severely. Its scary. My vision become all screwed up, i get anxious, and feel like my brains on fire. All pharma grade from three different suppliers, each time i tried was like six months apart. I tried at first a few times because i thought it was a fluke.

Anyways, I used to take lexapro when i was younger but i never felt that. It actually helped me quiet a bit at the time. Are you on any other meds?

This is what worries me, very much, about this whole class of drugs. It's a crapshoot whether it will work for you or not, all the doctor can say is "Let's give this a try." And if he guesses right, then you feel great, although you may have side effects (short and long term) to deal with. But if he guesses wrong, you're screwed.

I'll be honest and say that I get depressed every time I try to decrease my test dose from supraphysiological levels down to actual TRT levels. Miserable, depressed, and OCD. But then they want to prescribe me an anti-depressant, and to be honest the side effects of those scare me much more than the side effects of the test.

So I just stay on the higher dose of test. Which isn't a solution, but at least I know what to expect from it. :-(

What scares me most, is that my oldest daughter (22) just got prescribed Lexapro, because she is depressed from being stuck at home during the whole COVID-19 thing. Maybe it will be the right thing for her. But maybe it will really mess her up. I just try to make her aware of the potential side effects, and be supportive of her to resolve her depression in other ways.

But how well has that worked for me, really?

It’s such a crapshoot brother. Our chemical makeup so sooo complex. Is it 20mg Prozac? 40? 60?? Or is Effexor? 75? 150? 225? Wellbutrin 150? 300? Or is it 10mg lexapro WITH 75 Wellbutrin. Maybe it’s 10 lexapro, 75mg Wellbutrin and 50mg trazadone.

It’s a fucking mess. Bless you

Ive been on 20mg before bed and it has really helped me - but I also spent 16 years on drugs ( sober now for almost 2 years)

This is what worries me, very much, about this whole class of drugs. It's a crapshoot whether it will work for you or not, all the doctor can say is "Let's give this a try." And if he guesses right, then you feel great, although you may have side effects (short and long term) to deal with. But if he guesses wrong, you're screwed.

I'll be honest and say that I get depressed every time I try to decrease my test dose from supraphysiological levels down to actual TRT levels. Miserable, depressed, and OCD. But then they want to prescribe me an anti-depressant, and to be honest the side effects of those scare me much more than the side effects of the test.

So I just stay on the higher dose of test. Which isn't a solution, but at least I know what to expect from it. :-(

What scares me most, is that my oldest daughter (22) just got prescribed Lexapro, because she is depressed from being stuck at home during the whole COVID-19 thing. Maybe it will be the right thing for her. But maybe it will really mess her up. I just try to make her aware of the potential side effects, and be supportive of her to resolve her depression in other ways.

But how well has that worked for me, really?

I don’t like the idea of using meds to try and bandage external factors. (Stuck at home). Meds won’t fix that. Just like meds can’t fix divorces, spousal abuse, homelessness. That depression stems from factors that have to change via CHANGING them.

Internal factors, such as true chemical imbalance...example me...I make much more than my states average salary and so does my beautiful wife. We have a perfectly healthy 3 yr old, but off my meds....I’m super depressed, anxious, lonely, and so destructive behavior. Why??? My life is great. My brain is off. Bad brain. Just like Some
Guys have a bad heart valve. Deal with it the best you can and keep moving forward

I’ve taken so many drugs to treat depression,anxiety,mania,unconscious rage, tri polarity...and the only drug I’ve ever taken that messed with my brain chemistry Directly under the care of a doctor. Shrinks included, That didn’t make me more fucked up in several scary ways was celexa. But it made me have the oposite of a sex drive. After 6 months my gf asked me if I had been seeing someone else or multiple other girls because I showed no interest at all. This girl was young super fine and looked at me like I was gods gift to her. Did not fuck her one time in 6 months. Or anyone else. . I didn’t even have a clue. I wasn’t depressed at all ever but it shut me off downstairs 100%. Just turned it all off and I was sleeping regularly too. Something I have always struggled with. She told me that and I quit cold turkey that day. Felt horrible for a few wks A month later lol I was out of control. Nailing everything that walked again. And depressed lol so many drugs, so many variables in our brains. Iv found it personally to be a near fatal experiment several times tampering with my brain chemistry playing lab rat. When the last dill Fuck told me he was going to put me on lithium I told him no your fucking not and walked out. I personally knew three guys really well that offed themselves while on lithium. Been 3 years Iv just dealt with it all without the pills.

I was on Lexapro in 2004 it was horrible you bust a nut and it doesn’t feel like anything. That’s because it’s causing prolactin to go up Hyperprolactinemia which in turn causes Anorgasmia The inability to have an orgasm. If on antidepressants long enough the elevated prolactin levels cause your hypothalamus to stop producing GnRH liutenizing hormone and follicle-stimulating which in turn will Drive your testosterone levels really low. I have several friends in their 30s who have never done steroids and are not fat who have low testosterone levels in the 2-300’s because of antidepressant use for many years.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131