over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin year round?

well I can tell you I have to eat more using metformin. if im usually feeling energetic, full, ready to go with 35pro/50carb/10fat and then dose metformin 15- 20 min before that meal it will feel more like I ate 30carbs and be hungry for more. I also felt immediately weaker in the gym, for those two reasons alone i stopped using it the same with t3.

The strongest and biggest I ever got I was bulking on 50t3 ed (gearv as well of course). I won't go over 50 cutting though as then the flatness and weakness does start

Interesting I have a ton of metformin and was not using it because I also read it is counter-productive to building muscle but your theory definitely makes sense.

I also have used metformin while on zero carbs, never came close to hypo, metformin doesn't cause hypo.

Would be interesting to hear John Meadows's thoughts on when to incorporate metformin.

It can be useful during fat loss phases, but its true value lies in its insulin sensitizing ability. Therefore, the most ideal times to use it, or those times which you will receive the greatest benefit, are when you are using drugs and/or following diets which adversely affect insulin sensitivity.

It is especially useful when incorporated into one's GH and insulin program. These drugs are often used in tandem with high carb diets, which are also injurious to insulin sensitivity, making metformin even more valuable at these times.

Some more benefits of using Metformin: it reduces cholesterol while raise HDL, also it only increase insulin sensitivity in skeletal muscle not adipocytes.

This is great during AAS, GH, Insulin cycle.

I'm gonna keep using it year round, will post results...

Last edited:
It can be useful during fat loss phases, but its true value lies in its insulin sensitizing ability. Therefore, the most ideal times to use it, or those times which you will receive the greatest benefit, are when you are using drugs and/or following diets which adversely affect insulin sensitivity.

It is especially useful when incorporated into one's GH and insulin program. These drugs are often used in tandem with high carb diets, which are also injurious to insulin sensitivity, making metformin even more valuable at these times.

Hello Mike,

What dosage would you suggest using while on a fat loss phase? Would as little as 250mg 2-3 times per day be enough?

I've been studying towards becoming an endocrinologist, and insulin sensitivity drugs are a huge interest of mine for their ability to increase life expectancy and quality of life. 250 mg twice a day is enough for a non diabetic to get some positive benefits from metformin .. hcl not the er.

Some more benefits of using Metformin: it reduces cholesterol while raise HDL, also it only increase insulin sensitivity in skeletal muscle not adipocytes.

This is great during AAS, GH, Insulin cycle.

I'm gonna keep using it year round, will post results...

hm, I used it between a GH, slin, AAS cycle as I was told not to use it at the same time as slin, I'm going to do a short cut starting next week, then another bulker after that, I might have to throw this back into it as I have a shit ton of it, so might as well use it.

when you used it with slin, did you have to lower/raise or adjust your slin usage in any way?

Keep us updated on your progress, I know I'm interested.

Another question, not to hijack and I apologize for asking, but have you ever used it with DNP well cutting? just curious.

hm, I used it between a GH, slin, AAS cycle as I was told not to use it at the same time as slin, I'm going to do a short cut starting next week, then another bulker after that, I might have to throw this back into it as I have a shit ton of it, so might as well use it.

when you used it with slin, did you have to lower/raise or adjust your slin usage in any way?

I never understood why people said not to take Metformin with slin. Sure, maybe not while its active, but it raises insulin sensitivity, which exogenous slin use lowers. It's a no brainer to me. Never went hypo doing that. Metformin is too cheap to not use considering the health benefits IMO. I just wish we knew more whether there is any truth to its IGF lowering effects.

I used it with Slin (humalog). No hypo.

Actually is recommended to use Metformin for 6-8 weeks after Slin cycle to recover insulin sensitivity. Anyway, Metformin + Slin under my experience is a good combo for longer Slin cycles without burning out our pancreas.

500mg in the morning - humalog pre workout - 500mg metformin before bed (I did that using humalog)

Excuse my english by the way... I hope u can get my points.

I used it with Slin (humalog). No hypo.

Actually is recommended to use Metformin for 6-8 weeks after Slin cycle to recover insulin sensitivity. Anyway, Metformin + Slin under my experience is a good combo for longer Slin cycles without burning out our pancreas.

500mg in the morning - humalog pre workout - 500mg metformin before bed (I did that using humalog)

Excuse my english by the way... I hope u can get my points.

Your english is fine, thank you!

Mike, we know metformin inhibits gluconeogenesis: do we know how much?

I mean, if we were eating excess protein, would it convert to glucose or inhibition would impair that?

The life extension crowd is obsessed with metformin for a reason. Large array of related health benefits with very little downside. Been taking a modest gram of day for the past 3 months.

Unsure how I'd structure it's use while simultaneously taking slin, or whether I'd just discontinue during that time. I've yet to play with that anyway. I guess you could use metformin many hours prior to slin, like early AM, outside of your active insulin window (which is probably during your pre/intra workout shake consumption) to increase insulin sensitivity even when on insulin without reducing the effectiveness of the insulin itself. But I wouldn't overlap use of both at the same time in terms of active life.

Last edited:
I've recently started taking it after finishing a cutting cycle on keto and gradually started adding carbs to clean bulk. I don't ever go crazy on carbs, keep it around 120˜200g daily and I really feel that adding metformin at 500mg a day and 1g on weekends when I have free meals is actually making bulking kind of a recomp, seems like I am adding muscle and only muscle while losing fat.
My main concern is if there will be a rebound effect on insulin sensitivity if I stop taking it, from the reports I read that is not a problem, but I am not sure.
Never heard of anyone using it for a long time.

Another question, not to hijack and I apologize for asking, but have you ever used it with DNP well cutting? just curious.

I would like to know that as well? Is it ok to run metformin while on DNP?

Perhaps Mike Arnold knows the answer??? :)

been using metformin for about 4 weeks , 500 mg with my first meal and one Need2slin tab before every other meal . Take Gh pre workout and am on a simple test cycle . I can tell you without changing my diet or upping my cardio I am losing bodyfat % and have maintained close to the same starting weight 268-272

a couple of other variables that might play .

I have began my 2month on synthergine . I run it two months on and two off . I dont use any orals or alcohol or rec drugs . so the better liver function might give me a better response to the gh .

also went from 7 days a week gh to only days I weight train . so again this Could be giving me a better response to the Gh

How is everyone's stomach on Metformin? I used to use it on weekend cheat meals and always had terrible gas from it. However, I did feel it helped keep me tight and always very vascular after pounding carbs.

How is everyone's stomach on Metformin? I used to use it on weekend cheat meals and always had terrible gas from it. However, I did feel it helped keep me tight and always very vascular after pounding carbs.

Excessive release of 5HT(serotonin) from intestinal mucosa cells can cause diarrhea and nausea. Metformin stimulates these intestinal cells to produce increased levels of 5HT, as soon as 10-15 minutes after taking metformin. The good news is that most symptoms dissapear after taking metformin for 2-3 weeks.

That's why I always say to take Metformin on a regular basis to get INSULIN SENSITIVTY and less side effects... using it only on carb ups is not as useful...

Good info, thanks. I may give it another shot; since I have so much of it.:lightbulb:

I've been studying towards becoming an endocrinologist, and insulin sensitivity drugs are a huge interest of mine for their ability to increase life expectancy and quality of life. 250 mg twice a day is enough for a non diabetic to get some positive benefits from metformin .. hcl not the er.
Are there any downsides to the extended release version for bodybuilding purposes? It is much easier on my stomach.

I'm definitely going to be using it now year round. Even on keto. It's too cheap not to

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131