over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

need help fast

engbulldog

Registered
:mad: Guys just went to the doctor on sat. and i found out that I tore my ACL now the problem is do i opt for an MRI to make sure or just let the swelling go down and just deal with it ? My knee problem started 2 yrs ago after racing my motorcross bike , my knee swelled up went to a diffrent doctor got x rays and this dip shit said i just twisted it, So here we are two yrs later in pain cant train legs today super pissed , just started another cycle 3 days ago and my other order should be here by tues. I just wamma train... thanks:confused:

engbulldog said:
:mad: Guys just went to the doctor on sat. and i found out that I tore my ACL now the problem is do i opt for an MRI to make sure or just let the swelling go down and just deal with it ? My knee problem started 2 yrs ago after racing my motorcross bike , my knee swelled up went to a diffrent doctor got x rays and this dip shit said i just twisted it, So here we are two yrs later in pain cant train legs today super pissed , just started another cycle 3 days ago and my other order should be here by tues. I just wamma train... thanks:confused:

An ACL is usually fairly easy for them to figure out. They usually lay you down on a table flat, bend your affected leg up at the knee, leaving your foot on the table, and basically pull upward on your shin. Sometimes they also do it while you are sitting. They usually compare losenes from one knee to the other since diffferent people have different tightnesses. You will physically see your shin move outward approximately 1 inch if it is tore. We had a large discussion on this a day or so ago and there were alot of good points so let me just point you to the thread.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15720

If you have insurance I would definitely suggest having the MRI done. I tore my meniscus 2 years ago and the MRI showed the tear. I went to two different doctors and got two different opinions. I walked around in pain for 2 months until I couldn't take it any longer, I opted for surgery and now my knee feels great. Granted my tear was no way as bad as an ACL tear but you should take care of it before it gets worse. I don't believe it will heal on it's own.

big thanks

well i guess ill go get an mri seeing that GM will pay for it but if the swelling goes down is it wise to train legs I was gonna try to do a show in the fall?:( but would you check out my pics and tell me what you think they were from last year @ 170 I'm 190 now sorry no pics of the f uped wheels guess i got a flat LOL but on the real thankyou very much for the help you guys rock on this site __________engbulldog

Get the MRI. I didnt with an injury and 2 years later found out my tendons in my shoulder look like dental floss.

I'm sure everthing will work out but to train legs with a bad knee is just a bad idea in my opinion. Get it fixed and you will feel great. Look for a sports Medicine Doctor, I live near philadelphia and went to Temple University, I was referred there by a friend of mine who played for the Sixers. By using his name I was lucky to get an appointment right away. Good luck and take care.

I agree if you can get in to see a sports med doc that deals with college or pro athletes, you are way better off doing that than dealing with a family doc...

the family doc may only see a few sports related injuries a month...as for a sports med doc, that is their specialty...hell even if you have to drive 100 miles, it is worth it...you only have 2 knees ;)

i think u should ice the show ideas until next year or so. why compete at less than 100%? focus on healing so u can be bigger and badder. ive only done 2 shows...one i was in great shape, didnt win, but have no regrets...the other i was in horrible shape and only did it b/c i got talked into it; huge mistake. my brother tore his ACL and we just focused on super slow leg extensions before the surgery for his legs. we added a little test and deca also. he had surgery and 2 weeks later got back on deca, but dropped test and added boldenon. he came back in full in 6 weeks. year and half later and hes stronger than ever and his knee is more stable than it was, plus he has all his confidence back as far as the ability of his knee to handle a full day of squats, leg presses, and hack squats. either way, best of luck!

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner