over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

needle sizes

bbg420

Registered
ok right now i use 18 gauge needles for drawing ,but they tear up the rubber in sealed sterile vials, all the time i find pieces of rubber floating around in my gear, i tried a 23 gauge for drawing and that was like pulling teeth, is there a needle size that draws gear easily but dosent tear up rubber in vials, was thinking a 20 or 21 gauge, but do they tear up vials as well

Last edited:
I use 23g and have no problem. Have you tried warming the oil up a little to see if that helps?

I use a 20 for drawing and something else I noticed that helps is the shorter the better for drawing. Makes it easier

I heat the oil like posted above,make it much faster.

I use a 20 for drawing and something else I noticed that helps is the shorter the better for drawing. Makes it easier

really, ok my 18 gauges are always 1.5 inches ,so maybe try 1 inch needles ,cause im sick of damage those 18 gauges do to rubber, i use to be panic stricken when i saw the rubber floating around, now its just like s--t, i hate these 18 gauges lol

I use 23g and have no problem. Have you tried warming the oil up a little to see if that helps?

funny story, i dont know why this happened, but with a 23 gauge 1.5 needle maybe i didnt heat enough, but drew my solution with 23 gauge and noticed it was difficult and lots of bubbles in syringe, i removed bubbles ,switched needle and injected, bro it felt like i was injecting acid, burned like hell so much i had to stop injection, i have no idea why that happened, this was same vial ive used many times, even after switched to 18 gauge, flows oil like water and no burning or pain, so weird, dont know why that happened, burning lasted a few minutes, then went away

funny story, i dont know why this happened, but with a 23 gauge 1.5 needle maybe i didnt heat enough, but drew my solution with 23 gauge and noticed it was difficult and lots of bubbles in syringe, i removed bubbles ,switched needle and injected, bro it felt like i was injecting acid, burned like hell so much i had to stop injection, i have no idea why that happened, this was same vial ive used many times, even after switched to 18 gauge, flows oil like water and no burning or pain, so weird, dont know why that happened, burning lasted a few minutes, then went away

Were you doing glute or quad?Possible you were aggravating a nerve. I went in once and felt a similar pain and I just moved the spot a little and was fine.

Were you doing glute or quad?Possible you were aggravating a nerve. I went in once and felt a similar pain and I just moved the spot a little and was fine.

yes bro glute injection, i dont know why but thought that has to be the 23 gauge needle causing that somehow, i dont know how but never happened when drawing with 18 gauge

Your sciatic nerve does run back there. 1.5" is pretty deep. Try a different location and even a 1".

I draw with a 23 pin with 1 26. If you are having a hard time drawing with a 23, it's probably you are not injecting air into the vial first. 26 is small for injecting but slow injection = less paid. I do 1.5 on glutes and 1" on quads.

Whats the best way to warm up the oil? I've seen alot of new oils being used. If the oil gets to warm can it be damaged?

Run it under hot tap water for a 30 seconds to a minute and that will do the trick. I use 27 gauge 5/8" insulin pins for most of my injections and I don't have any problems.

Additionally, you can use tuberculin syringes and use a 23 gauge to draw and a 25 or 27 gauge to inject depending on the area. The smaller barrel of the tuberculin syringe creates more pressure and makes it easier to use a smaller needle.

If you run over 1cc at a time this won't work, but just remember smaller barrel and shorter needles make for an easier time.

What's wrong with the 23g?? I do it fairly quick... what's the hurry?? :D

What's wrong with the 23g?? I do it fairly quick... what's the hurry?? :D

nothing wrong with 23 gauge for injection, but drawing was a pain in the ass for me anyway, you get all these bubbles, almost like foamy, but with 18 gauge none of that, flows real easy, like we all know, its easier to push through a needle, than it is to pull through

Last edited:
Whats the best way to warm up the oil? I've seen alot of new oils being used. If the oil gets to warm can it be damaged?

I use hot tap water before I draw. Then after I draw I roll the syringe in my hands like I'm starting a fire with sticks. Lol it works for me, also I use a short 3/4" 20 to draw then swap it with my 25g 1.5 to pin

21 or 20 work good for drawing. I still use 18 and I put a hole in different sides of the vial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually use 22 or 23 gauge. I warm up the bottle a little when using the 23 gauge and it helps drawing it. I was using some 29 gauge I had and man that made for a quick in and out when pinning. Just don't think the scar tissue is worth the time save.lol

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear