over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Pitt Bull Terrier's

BOOMSHAKER

Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I believe I am man enough to come here and say "THEY SCARE THE HELL OUT OF ME" because of all the horror stories I have heard about them.....(or should I say just all the bullshit the media has put out there about them)

And now I am also man enough to say, I went to the local SPCA(dog shelter) and they had a ton of Pitt Bull Terrier's there.( I was not looking for a dog, just to go and look) At first I was extremely nervous because there were so many of them in cages. The fear really got to me for a few minutes. But then I took a chance and squatted down really low to say hello to one of them.( a beautiful light sandy color male about a year old) and after his barking as I came over to the cage and saw me squatting low to say hello he started to lick the fence to get near my fingers as if to say "hello" to me. I must admit that has been one of the most humbling experiences I have had in a long time. The dog really touched my heart and made me feel very sad for him that someone turned not only him in, but so many others like him. Soon as I looked around they all work barking as if to say "hey stupid, what about me, don't I get a pat in the head"?? LOL

It was really a uplifting experience for me. Soon I wanted to take the first one I saw and patted on the head home with me. These dogs I can say with first hand experience now get a bad rap!

(now how do I convince the wife I want one?) :D :D

Best way to convince her would be AFTER you brought it home!!! hahhaha!

(now how do I convince the wife I want one?) :D :D

Go to this link and and educate her.

**broken link removed**

APBT's have been the only dog I have ever owned since I was 10, (now in my early 30's). They're incredible family dogs.

If you ever have any questions about the breed. Feel free to PM me.

Go to this link and and educate her.

**broken link removed**

APBT's have been the only dog I have ever owned since I was 10, (now in my early 30's). They're incredible family dogs.

If you ever have any questions about the breed. Feel free to PM me.

It's not the pitt bull i am speaking of, it's just a dog in general! bahahaha I have a big MOFO of a fish tank at home. And she accepted that! Now I am wanting a dog??? We had a dog before. But I didnt have too much time for it. Now I do have time for it. And she got used to not having to clean up and walk a dog! hehe I better put my helmet on before I tell her! hahahahaha

And thank you for wanting to help me out. I may just take you up on it bro!

Just told the wife I was thinking of getting one.(over the phone of course) hehe Oh, and the animal shelter here is doing a good thing. Not sure if they do this everywhere. Eevery dog except a pitt bull can be taken home the same day. ALL pitt bulls are put on a 2 week hold while the shelter sends someone out to investigate your home. Make sure you're not running a fight club or something. And you have enough room for one. Wich is very cool. I am all for it. Does your city or state have these same sort of rules also??? He looked almost like this exact color! wooohoooooooooooo!

Attachments

• 180px-American_Pit_Bull_Terrier_-_Seated.jpg
    180px-American_Pit_Bull_Terrier_-_Seated.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 688
Nice dog!

I love dogs, and i have an American Staffordshire Terrier(pit bull). Dogs really are mans best friend no matter what the breed. That picture you put up is a nice looking dog. If you can snag a pit with that coloring from a shelter it is pure luck. Where i live they do have alot of problems with pits(running wild, bad owners) so alot of them get put to sleep right off the bat. Its funny i got mine for the kids and wife, and she ended up being a daddys girl just like my 2little ones. HAHA. Good luck with the wife in person. LOL! I just brought mine home and she was so cute at 6 weeks that the wife could't resist keeping her. Now i think the dog thinks she is human.

i got an english staffie that is about 25kg.
He is soft as hell but he is very high maintenance and cannot stand to be left alone. I love him to bits but breeds like this take up all of your time.
Never had such a dog that has to be at my side or sitting on me or next me.
Also he is like a kid with attention deficit disorder. never learns and pushes the rules all the time and fights me on everything.
rewarding but hard work

i have one, and she is the sweetest dog in the world ... she sat at the window crying this morning because this cat wouldn't play with her ... she loves everyone and every animal ... i got a real steal with her.

You will not find a more empathetic and loyal breed than an APBT in my opinion. Great with kids, protective, very affectionate. They just seem to know exactly what you're thinking/feeling at all times and will respond accordingly. My mom had one named Woody when I was growing up as a guard dog (she was a single parent) and he was my best bud.

Pits are Fanatastic!!

i love these dogs to death. I have 2 and breed them as well. My girl and I have just started a kennel. Since I'm home so much because I'm in and out of classes everyday it works. There great dogs that get a real bad rap!! I've spent plenty of time arguing and fighting for these dogs. There GREAT and bring alot of joy to people they meet. I can't say enough about them. If your going to rescue one your doing a great service to them!!!

Last edited:
Pit bulls get a bad rap! they are actually really sweet dogs and love humans. yes its true if you dont associate them with other animals they might not like other animals, but thats with ANY dog. Basically all the media hype is a bunch of BULL shit! i am a proud pit bull owner and beagle owner, my beagle is mean and my pit isnt, isnt that something? Almost everybody has it wrong about pits! they are wonderful dogs!

abbybrittany022.jpg

abbybrittany021.jpg

The pup is 5 month old Ra. He's my Foundation male for the kennel. The Seal colored female is Karma, she's almost 4 and means more to me than most people. The last pic is Karma-4, Ra-5 month, Shade-1.4 yrs. Shade is a product of Karma.

Attachments

• 69.jpg
    69.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 534
  • Picture 063.jpg
    Picture 063.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 469
  • Sleepy Pits.jpg
    Sleepy Pits.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 450
Just told the wife I was thinking of getting one.(over the phone of course) hehe Oh, and the animal shelter here is doing a good thing. Not sure if they do this everywhere. Eevery dog except a pitt bull can be taken home the same day. ALL pitt bulls are put on a 2 week hold while the shelter sends someone out to investigate your home. Make sure you're not running a fight club or something. And you have enough room for one. Wich is very cool. I am all for it. Does your city or state have these same sort of rules also??? He looked almost like this exact color! wooohoooooooooooo!

glad to hear you are thinkin of adopting one.good luck with this you will love the breed once you own one.peace

Is this breed in perticular known to have seperation anxiety? Right now he is about 1 year to 1 1/2 years old. Could he be over it so far? His name is "POPS" lol and his formal owners look like they loved him to death, really great care on this dog. HUUUUGE head, and big paws! hehe

I used to have one. Sweetest dog on earth. :(

The only issue he ever had was with other dog's or animals. Funny thing was, he would never get angry towards them when he'd play too rough. It was more of a game than anything. I'd definitely get another.

Pit bulls are excellent dogs, just remember they are what trainers/dog owners call "high drive."
That means they are very high energy and tend to be extremely focused. In fact, it is my understanding, that the pit bull is becoming very popular as a tracking/search and rescue breed because they simply will not quite! Apparently they were used when the space shuttle broke up over Texas with a lot of success (other breeds had a hard time covering the hundreds of miles without giving up).
Try www.thepitbull-place.com for more info and advice
Very serious, but friendly forum (sound familiar?)

I think I will have to agree with what everyone else has said. They are great dogs, if anything they may be aggressive towards other animals, but thats typically due to the upbringing. Bully breeds in general possess a loyalty to their owner that other dogs don't usually exhibit. If there is a criticism it is that they may demand more exercise than other breeds, depending on the individual dog.

Good luck

That's a great thing you're doing Boom

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
billions.must.lift
NapsGear