over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pain

themuscle

Registered
Starting to feel some joint pain in both elbows, and shoulders, started my heavy routine about 5-6 weeks ago. Take a break for a few days to a week? Or work through it?? Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had shoulder problems for years and if i have been going at it for a long period and they start aching , i have found a few days off is best.
When i start back i try to stay away from barbells and use dumbbells and hammer strength until i feel i can go forward.

How old are u? When I was younger I would push through, now at 43 I kinda have to pick my battles. I think it all depends on your body, I warm up a lot more than I use to, kinda loosen things up. Its weird stay away and you kinda baby it push through and u could cause long term damage...good luck..i tend to listen to my body more than anything now..

Lower the weight a little and do more reps and see if it helps. If you keep aggravating the injury it will not heal

3g of cissus and 5g of fish oil per day.

You don't have to use steroids to "fix" everything.

fitnesskatz

i feel your pain man,,,i hate elbow pain,,,if you have access get shot of decadron take couple weeks off let that imflamation get out those elbows man your not going to lose muscle in 2 weeks and it prob do your joints a world of good,,,

Going to up my fish oil and take 4 days odd and see how they feel. Also have some prescription topical anti immflamtory gel that I'm going to use 3 times a day. Thanks for your input bro's.

1. have a week off
2. lower weights and do more reps
3. warm up better and stretch the muscle you've just worked
do not work through it or use anything that will mask it, listen to your body and joints as you may cause irreparable damage, you will find out about years down the line.
train smart bro

1. have a week off
2. lower weights and do more reps
3. warm up better and stretch the muscle you've just worked
do not work through it or use anything that will mask it, listen to your body and joints as you may cause irreparable damage, you will find out about years down the line.
train smart bro

That's the plan. I'm 35 and had 2 injections in each shoulder so I've learned my lessons. Sometimes I just forget and get all focused when I'm in that zone and tune out pain. I know stupid lol I really had a plan of doing 3 weeks heavy then a light week. Unfortunately when I just keep increasing the weighs and putting size on, I just keep going. Oh well like I said few days off and see how it feels. Just a mind fuck more than anything. .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

When I was younger I would try and work through it & all that did was make it worse. I feel like if your elbows and joints are hurting your going too heavy.

I agree with the advice about lightening the load and taking a little bit of time off.

But I had chronic tendonitis in both elbows two different times and got rid of it a different way each time.

The first time I took several months off from lifting. Then when I started lifting again, I didn't go so heavy and kept the tendonitis from coming back for a long time.

Then I went heavy again and they flared up. This time I used TB-500 and over the course of a couple weeks the pain went away for good and hasn't come back.

Starting to feel some joint pain in both elbows, and shoulders, started my heavy routine about 5-6 weeks ago. Take a break for a few days to a week? Or work through it?? Suggestions?

800mgs Motrin t.i.d. Ice ur joints after workouts, and lower weights or take a couple days off.

I lighten up after a week off and then do every rep slow and deliberate and manage to get the mind completely into the muscle. Judging by the muscle soreness afterwards and the results the muscles don't know the difference but the joints sure do and they are happy with the change.

Well took a week off and kept taking aleve. Much better. Still went light my first workouts, and gradually going back up.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner