over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for you ladies...

lilkoreangirl

Registered
Hey girls,
For your first show, what gave you the balls to walk on stage? What did you think about to keep that smile on your face? How did it feel? Were you nervous? If you were, how did you hide it? What ultimately gave you the confidence to know that you could pull it off to compete? What was your inspiration? Sorry for all the questions.
Curious,
LKG

well, i'm 5 days out from my first show, so i hope you don't mind if i chime in.

people keep asking if i'm nervous, but all i can say is that i am focused. for one thing, i don't have the energy to spare for it. from 4am to 10pm, i am doing everything i need to do to make this happen (including work of course). i try to only focus on today and doing everything i can to be my best. and i mediate A LOT at this point.

to deal with potential fear of being in front of the audience, everytime i practice posing/routine, i pretend that i am on stage (and make it seem real in my mind). it helps that i have over 10 years experience performing or competing in other activities, but the above advice does boost confidence, IMO.

i don't know if you would call if confidence, but what made me finally commit to competing was the fact that i was terrified of it & doubted my ability to do it, therefore i had no choice but to face it and kill that demon. this has been my dream for a few years now, and the pain of realizing my cowardice was greater than the pain of actually doing it.

i hope any of this is helpful. follow your heart.

At the time I was married to a controlling and very opinionated man. We had been trying to have a baby for four years, and after having surgery it was down to IV (embryo transplant) which meant I would have to go through another surgery before we could do IV. I was an emotional mess, and I was watching my marriage fall apart. After all the disappointing years of trying to have baby which eats away at your self-esteem, and 8 years of a very critical husband there was not much left of my self confidence.

My first step was going to a counselor for help to over come my depression. I was still working out, and had been for 12 years. It was the gym and working out that was keeping me going. It was always "my time". I was working out one day and some asked if I was getting ready for a competition. I answered him, "who, me? No." I picked up my weight to do a set, and looked in the mirror and thought "why not, me!" I was 34 years old and thought it was probably too late for me to start competing. With encouragement from friends and trainers at the gym, six months later I did my first competition.

I was scared to death. I hate being in front of people, and I thought this would be a great way to over come those fears. I'm in marketing & advertising, and it's not uncommon for me to have to do presentations in front of people like sales or even V.P and CEO's of a company. I was so excited because I have always admired women who competed in bodybuilding and fitness. To be up on the stage was an amazing experience for me, and I was hooked.

What gave me the balls to get up on stage? The fact that I was 34 years old and in the best shape I'd ever been in, and I looked better than most teenagers do these days. The other things was I NEEDED this.

As the days leading up to my competition came near, it was becoming more clear to me that my marriage wasn't working. My husband started sleeping in the other bedroom, and he didn't want me any more. I guess I thought if I got in better shape he would still want me, but that wasn't the case.

I regained my self-esteem and confidence after my first competition. I realized that the problems with our marriage weren't all mine... they were his problems too. 7 months after my competition I finally had the courage to walk away from a sexless... loveless marriage and start over. Two months after our divorce he got engaged and 6 months later he remarried... turned out he had been having an affair with her while we were married. I'm not sure how long it had been going on. Working out and competing gave me something to focus on during one of my darkest time of my life.

Phoenix, good luck! You'll be great! :cool:

Geat post/story

SASSY, Congratulations on taking the lead in your own life. I love stories like this
KH

Last edited:
I used to practice my poses and walking in my gym, in the aerobics room so people who were working out stopped to look through the glass, and I started getting used to people observing me, so that really helped me for my first competition. I also think that when you get to a show 100% prepared and you feel confident with your physique, then you will project it to people and specially to judges. FEEL ANXIOUS NOT NERVOUS, and like my coach always says "ENJOY THE MOMENT AND SHOW THEM WHAT YOU HAVE WORKED HARD FOR"

I did my first figure show this past year and I was more anxious than nervous. I am a shy person by nature, so this was a big step for me. I remember driving to the show in the morning...I was sitting in the car smiling. My stomach was turning a little. When I got to the show, I went to the restroom (as I do when I am nervous) and I was surprisingly okay.

I remember being backstage and looking at all the women, especially the ones in my division. Instead of "sizing them up," I smiled and admired their physiques. I changed my mindset. I didn't want to get in the trap of loosing confidence.

In my opinion, if you are going to work so hard with your diet and trainings, you will be okay on stage. I remember smiling so much, but I was genuinely happy for the day to have finally come. I think any competitor goes on stage to win. I was happy all my hard work paid off that day. (And no, I didn't win.)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws