over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ramy out 2022 and beyond….?

marssel

Sponsor / Kilo Club
Registered
Sponsors
Weve been hearing rumors of Ramy and Roelly checking out, personally i still love Roellys look and Ramy is Mr. O but i dont really care, for me im looking at Ian, Nick, Shaun, Sergio, Hunter, the last few 212 Mr.Os, and oddly i like Bumstead as a bodybuilder personality, hes not my fave on stage bc i prefer freaks but losing Roelly i think is a sign added to the retirement of Dexter that we r really moving into the next generation, finally, not happily as im still trying to grab my card as a masters and dona few shows just to chk that box and the way they give out pro cards these days maybe, shit when instarted there were Nats, NAs, Pittsburgh, and the USAs that spit out a total of say 10 possibly viable pros per year maybe 15-20 pros in total, now its like 5-10 viable but like 45 guys get a card and 150 chics do too.

bodybuilding is bodybuilding, people may or may not like it, but mass monsters will always shock you, but people want to watch something that shocks them

and getting a pro card is also not that easy - it's true, we have more competitions, so there are also opportunities to get it, but how many great competitors still try to get a pro card for several years, despite the fact that they look great, they fail. If it were that easy, guys like Vicenzo, Nate Spear, Dominic Trivieline, JP or many other great bodybuilders from Europe or other continents would already have it, but it is not.

What are the rumors of Ramy checking out? Don't follow things too close but haven't heard that. Did hear Chad Nichols on a podcast a while back and I remember him saying Ramy was going to have a structured off season this year.

I can't stand Bumstead just because of the way the tinies cling to him like some sort of god. It's ridiculous
Yea I hate the lil fellas love for him but I chilled with his crew for a bit at a show and he personally is a chill dude before that I Shawn Ray hated him too lol, he’s got the Tom Brady effect going

Nobody knows how long Ramy will be, I am not a fan of his look, but I do not see his retirement in short time.

Even though some guys look great I don't like classic, I don't get a lot of excitement when I see them comparing themselves, 212 is my favorite division.

I'm not a fan of classic.. not even a little bit.. boring to me.. the 212 brings alot of excitement but I think.many of the 212 guys are silly to stay in the class.. step up.. constantly trying to make that weight is just going to get harder and harder.. Shaun clarida showed if you bring a good package you can do opens..

The open class will get very interesting.. some good looking physiques in the mix with this next generation. I truly don't see ramy holding the title long.. lots of talent coming up .

I'm not a fan of classic.. not even a little bit.. boring to me.. the 212 brings alot of excitement but I think.many of the 212 guys are silly to stay in the class.. step up.. constantly trying to make that weight is just going to get harder and harder.. Shaun clarida showed if you bring a good package you can do opens..

The open class will get very interesting.. some good looking physiques in the mix with this next generation. I truly don't see ramy holding the title long.. lots of talent coming up .
I agree. I also think people don't realize that some who are considered in the next generation really aren't. John Romano was praising Sergio Oliva Jr. as up and coming, lots of potential - he's not, he's 37 and just by age likely doesn't have that many top years left. Nathan De Asha is another - he's 36 with 9 pro wins, he's at his peak right now. Steve Kuclo is another one who's 36 and at his peak right now. It's unfortunate because most of their peak years were when the last generation's top guys were winding down. Guys like Hunter Labrada, Nick Walker, Regan Grimes, and Iain Valliere are the 30-and-under guys that really have a chance to dominate for years to come.

Nobody knows how long Ramy will be, I am not a fan of his look, but I do not see his retirement in short time.

Even though some guys look great I don't like classic, I don't get a lot of excitement when I see them comparing themselves, 212 is my favorite division.
Yea classic in general blows, the 212 top guys are better than 6-10 at the O, Still think Flex Lewis could win or could’ve won an Olympia. I hate Curry and Ramy physiques, I’d honestly rather see Walker or Sergio, Hunter any day. I think Ramy is done although if and why is a lot of speculation. Either way if Curry is hoisting the Sandow next year it’ll still be a shame and no I’m no huge fan of Hadi either. I may be biased in other ways against Hadi though bc he is impressive although this Hadi/Shaun convo IMO is bullshit in my eyes Shaun takes Hadi’s lunch in every pose.

I agree. I also think people don't realize that some who are considered in the next generation really aren't. John Romano was praising Sergio Oliva Jr. as up and coming, lots of potential - he's not, he's 37 and just by age likely doesn't have that many top years left. Nathan De Asha is another - he's 36 with 9 pro wins, he's at his peak right now. Steve Kuclo is another one who's 36 and at his peak right now. It's unfortunate because most of their peak years were when the last generation's top guys were winding down. Guys like Hunter Labrada, Nick Walker, Regan Grimes, and Iain Valliere are the 30-and-under guys that really have a chance to dominate for years to come.
I’m willing to bet ANYTHING that Hunter will be Mr. O within 2 years. They love that kid.

Yea classic in general blows, the 212 top guys are better than 6-10 at the O, Still think Flex Lewis could win or could’ve won an Olympia. I hate Curry and Ramy physiques, I’d honestly rather see Walker or Sergio, Hunter any day. I think Ramy is done although if and why is a lot of speculation. Either way if Curry is hoisting the Sandow next year it’ll still be a shame and no I’m no huge fan of Hadi either. I may be biased in other ways against Hadi though bc he is impressive although this Hadi/Shaun convo IMO is bullshit in my eyes Shaun takes Hadi’s lunch in every pose.

I prefer Hadi and Curry, no fan of Nick but dude is a beast.

I used to like Ramy a few years ago, even last year was pretty good

I don't mind classic personally but I do think they need to widdle down the class for the O. I am not sure how classic and physique manage to have twice as many guys qualify for the O vs the open. They should make it harder to get to the O for classic.

Kind of a subject change but the new divisions, wellness being the exception, are sufficiently built up at this point and we can stop handing out 100+ pro cards at the national shows. It made temporary sense when they were starting with zero pros for a new division and had to build it up but now we don't need so many new pros each year.

Chad stated in a recent interview Ramy is highly motivated for number 3...injuries have really taken a toll on Roelly ... I see Hunter being coached up on and off the stage to be the next long term reigning MR O..

Ramy is not going anywhere. The only rumors of Ramy being done are in your head.

I don't mind classic personally but I do think they need to widdle down the class for the O. I am not sure how classic and physique manage to have twice as many guys qualify for the O vs the open. They should make it harder to get to the O for classic.

Kind of a subject change but the new divisions, wellness being the exception, are sufficiently built up at this point and we can stop handing out 100+ pro cards at the national shows. It made temporary sense when they were starting with zero pros for a new division and had to build it up but now we don't need so many new pros each year.

But by handing out so many pro cards, the promoters ensure a larger influx of amateur athletes looking for the dream.

It sucks, but it makes sense if you look for the dollars.

Definitely, it must reduce to 20 the number of competitors that can reach the Olympia stage in all divisions.

If i remember right Chad said last year that Ramy didn't train for a few months after the Olympia due to in part to personal matters. Maybe they think long periods off wont hurt his chances as he doesn't need to add size.

All the youtube and instagram stuff right after the MrO was stating Ramy was not taking any offseason this year and was already "training for the O". But who knows what happens behind closed doors.

But by handing out so many pro cards, the promoters ensure a larger influx of amateur athletes looking for the dream.

It sucks, but it makes sense if you look for the dollars.

Definitely, it must reduce to 20 the number of competitors that can reach the Olympia stage in all divisions.
I think the increase in contestants at national shows has far more to do with the number of classes than it does the number of pro cards awarded. If your dream is to turn pro and the shows in question are the only place to get your card you still have to show up. If they cut the number of cards in half I highly doubt you would see a huge drop in the number of people showing up. If you decide to abandon your dream because it became a little harder to achieve your basically a tw*t anyways and good riddance IMO.

A compromise would be keeping the number of cards they award the same but you only get to compete in the class you turn pro in. This in theory could actually make them more money in the long run as consider all the current pro's competing in a class they did not turn pro in and imagine if they had had to go back and turn pro all over again??? I probably should not give them any ideas lol.

Capping the Olympia at 20 in everything other than the open is a great idea. I highly doubt we will see 20+ qualify in open but I don't mind that class taking a little longer but some of these other classes, out of respect I am not naming them, I don't need to see 40+ people doing.............what ever it is they are doing up there.........I'll leave it at that lol.

Ramy is not going anywhere. The only rumors of Ramy being done are in your head.

Dennis James said Ramy was almost done before this past Olympia. He supposedly didn't start training for it until June-July. "Personal problems." Dennis also said Ramy was worse that the year before and he would have had no problem with Hadi winning.

So something wasn't right with Ramy. Dennis James said it was not health issues but something personal. But if it was health issues I doubt they would tell.

Dennis James said Ramy was almost done before this past Olympia. He supposedly didn't start training for it until June-July. "Personal problems." Dennis also said Ramy was worse that the year before and he would have had no problem with Hadi winning.

So something wasn't right with Ramy. Dennis James said it was not health issues but something personal. But if it was health issues I doubt they would tell.
There is pictures and reports that Ramy just married a second wife. Nothing confirmed though. Some are saying that it's not a real wedding but shots from a show Ramy is acting in that will be released over Ramadan. So who knows what's going on. But like others have said, they were planning to have a good offseason and shock people next year. The few pictures he realesed post Olympia (few weeks after) he looked much bigger/fuller and still in great condition. So it did look like he is taking the offseason training/diet seriously.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws