over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Semaglutide + T3; subst. increase in HR

M@NU

Registered
hey guys,
just wanted to see if someone of you had similar experience than me:
3 weeks ago, ive went on a "minicut". I often do that during a longer bulk. Every 10-12 weeks i would do 2-3 weeks of "cutting". Helps me to stay lean.
I cut out starchy carbs and had my 300g proteins + fruits (mainly berries)+veggies+ some fats
started with 2100 kcal on week 1, ended on 1700 kcal on week 3.
i introduced 50µg of t3 from the beginning on and added semaglutide in the middle of week 2.
My resting HR in week 1 and the first few days of week 2 hovered around 66-69.
2 days after adding in semaglutide, my resting HR went to around 80-82, so a significant rise. I didnt change anything else during that time, no additional stims, no additional PEDs etc.

Did someone of you experience something similar when adding semaglutide?
And i can also exclude something like sickness as the cause since it still has not changed. I had a bit of a cold when i introduced sema so i first thought the HR increase could be due to the infection but since it has not dropped yet i assume it aint the cause
thanks guys!
regards,
Manu

Could be the T3 it takes a while for you to reach saturation of the hormone.

Yeh, likely the t3, even though it's half life is short it can still build up some. Semaglutide doesn't seem to effect heart rate at all normally.

Yeah at the 3 week mark if t3 is high heart rate and palpation are common. There's t3 receptors in the heart. Unless you're getting low blood sugar from the Semaglutide but you'd know.

hey guys, thanks for your opinion.
no low blood sugar @Cerberus777 . I didnt take my second dose of t3 today so im down to 25µg.
lets see if hr goes back down in the following days
thanks for your help!

Skip Hill has mentioned this a few times on Blood, Sweat, and Gear. He's specifically mentioned being careful with T3 because of it's increased action while using semaglutide.

I did some quick googling, but didn't find any information.

Anecdotally, I have only ever tried T3 while also trialing Mounjaro. My heart rate stayed in the 80s as well. Reaching low 90s if I had a few days of poor sleep or some kind of cold/sinus infection.

I just thought I was extremely sensitive to it, but now I'm wondering if the Mounjaro played a part. I used 37.5mcg briefly, 25mcg for awhile, and 12.5. On all doses I had a pretty high resting heart rate.

36:50 is where he mentions it.

GLP-1 RAs induce an increase in heart rate (HR), which, theoretically, represents a safety concern, as this is considered to be associated with higher cardiovascular risk [13, 14].

“GLP-1 RAs induce an increase in heart rate (HR), which, theoretically, represents a safety concern, as this is considered to be associated with higher cardiovascular risk [13, 14]. Initially it was believed that this positive chronotropic effect was not clinically relevant and was of a similar magnitude for all GLP-1 RAs. A meta-analysis of Phase 3 trials reported HR increases in the range of 1–4 beats per minute (bpm) for exenatide twice daily (BID), exenatide long-acting release (LAR), and liraglutide [15]. In these studies, HR was assessed by pulse rate measurements at a single time point. In order to allow a more sensitive differentiation of GLP-1 RA-dependent HR effects, the current manuscript presents HR data derived from ECG measurements and ambulatory blood pressure monitoring at multiple time points over 24 h”.

Lorenz, M., Lawson, F., Owens, D., Raccah, D., Roy-Duval, C., Lehmann, A., Perfetti, R., & Blonde, L. (2017). Differential effects of glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists on heart rate. Cardiovascular diabetology, 16(1), 6

mine is back down to ~67-69rhr now.
But i dropped T3 to 25µ and stopped sema so not sure which of both (or both) were the cause

About to start back up on Sema, and hope to incorporate some T3 along with it. I usually do T3 at 50mcg/day.

Is it safe to combine these 2 compounds together? I have yet to do so

Also, I will report back with any HR increases or issues as well.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws