over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Separated shoulder snow skiing

T swol

Registered
Newbies
I took a tumble yesterday. Impact on the ice was on my top of my shoulder. Thought it was dislocated or broken collar bone at first. Fingers were numb.
Immediately took Advil and put ice on it. Went to urgent care for X-ray. I was hoping my rotator cuff wasn’t torn.
Dr said I had a separated shoulder to keep icing and Advil. Oh and no training.
Hard as shit to get dressed or use my right arm. Anyone ever had this happen and can give my some tips for speedy recovery

If your shoulder actually seperated the odds are the labrum tore. Keep this in mind. Fingers being numb indicates it may have been just a “stinger” . Good luck . I had 4 shoulder surgeries and just had a reverse shoulder replacement

Did they not order a MRI to rule out a number of things?

I would suggest you get one.

I have a tear in my labrum along with a full thickness tear, I need surgery but opting out as I can still work out and quality of life is fine.

Did they not order a MRI to rule out a number of things?

I would suggest you get one.

I have a tear in my labrum along with a full thickness tear, I need surgery but opting out as I can still work out and quality of life is fine.
It was just an urgent care so only X-ray available. I’m in Co for a couple days headed back to Louisiana tomorrow.

It was just an urgent care so only X-ray available. I’m in Co for a couple days headed back to Louisiana tomorrow.
Your insurance decent? If so I’d hit up my your orthopedist to schedule an MRI. If your insurance blows like mine I’d just hold off, do PT and hope for the best.

Cage

Your insurance decent? If so I’d hit up my your orthopedist to schedule an MRI. If your insurance blows like mine I’d just hold off, do PT and hope for the best.

Cage
Blue Cross
Probably get an appointment when I get home and see how it goes.

Please get MRI.

I was told I had a dislocation and I could play as long as I could put up with the pain.

Fucking rotator cuff was torn the whole time. Still dealing with the fallout.

10 years the first time. Getting checked again soon.

I had a separated shoulder tore the 3 major ligaments cc ac that attaches the color bone to the shoulder and I also tore 8 different areas of muscle partial tears
I have cadavers now keeping it in place as well as wire but I lift like a hella determined
Person anyway they can never put it back the way you were born the right way
You just have to work with what works for you I only have a problem with is shrugs to heavy

I took a tumble yesterday. Impact on the ice was on my top of my shoulder. Thought it was dislocated or broken collar bone at first. Fingers were numb.
Immediately took Advil and put ice on it. Went to urgent care for X-ray. I was hoping my rotator cuff wasn’t torn.
Dr said I had a separated shoulder to keep icing and Advil. Oh and no training.
Hard as shit to get dressed or use my right arm. Anyone ever had this happen and can give my some tips for speedy recovery

I had multiple dislocations, including one rock climbing...one pitch up....after my shoulder starting dislocating when sleeping, I got surgery and was butchered.

If you did dislocate, you guaranteed tore something.

Get rehab with someone who is extremely knowledgeable.

Constantly gently*** try and improve range of motion. If it hurts, do not push it, but be vigilant about your ROM

Get someone, massage therapist, to work over your pecs on that side. They will tighten up VERY quickly. Graston etc to keep the pec loose as you will not be able to stretch it out.

Follow up with an MRI if possible

I had multiple dislocations, including one rock climbing...one pitch up....after my shoulder starting dislocating when sleeping, I got surgery and was butchered.

If you did dislocate, you guaranteed tore something.

Get rehab with someone who is extremely knowledgeable.

Constantly gently*** try and improve range of motion. If it hurts, do not push it, but be vigilant about your ROM

Get someone, massage therapist, to work over your pecs on that side. They will tighten up VERY quickly. Graston etc to keep the pec loose as you will not be able to stretch it out.

Follow up with an MRI if possible
I can report back almost 7 weeks later. I rehabbed myself with stretching 2-3 times a day and using a tennis ball on my trigger point. I am now able to work out shoulders and chest and slowly adding weight. The only thing that still gives me trouble is working traps. I have to lean forward and with light weight for squeezes at the top.
I started cold plunging 3 weeks ago and it has been a game changer as well. Wish I would have started sooner.

Thanks for the feedback

I deleted my post. Late to the party again.lol
Sounds like things worked out well for you.
The human body's pretty resilient.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner