over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Serious Questions about CUTTING

Conan21

Kilo Klub Member
ok I think everybody knows that to lose fat a person needs to burn more colories than they consume (caloric Deficit)

I usually shy away from getting into the condition I want to be in because I always tend to lose more muscle than I should because of lack of knowlegde on this aspect of bodybuilding.

Heres things that trouble me.

(1)Do you guys think it is better to consume more calories. and create your caloric deficit through more cardio? or is it better to do less cardio and diet harder? (i'm more of an ectomorph build by nature)

(2)If I am in a caloric defecit by eating less food, why should I do cardio? or at what point should this be added in? and also, how much of it?

(3)If I'm restricting calories, and also do some cardio? why should I take fat burning aids such as ECA and Clen? or more specifically, when should these be added?

I just don't understand how all of this ties together. If some of the big dogs on the sight would be willing to elaborate I would very much appreciate it. I'm sure there are others who may be confused about this as well.

Maybe one of you guys can make a post about it in the articles forum.

Last edited:
These are GOOD questions - actually the "keys" to bodybuilding! The answers are somewhat different for "each" individual. But here are some "general" answers inserted below:

Conan21 said:
ok I think everybody knows that to lose fat a person needs to burn more colories than they consume (caloric Deficit)

I usually shy away from getting into the condition I want to be in because I always tend to lose more muscle than I should because of lack of knowlegde on this aspect of bodybuilding.

Heres things that trouble me.

(1)Do you guys think it is better to consume more calories. and create your caloric deficit through more cardio? or is it better to do less cardio and diet harder? (i'm more of an ectomorph build by nature)

A: I think you already answered this question. If you are increasing workload (adding cardio) your caloric increases. If you don't eat more, you're calorie deficient.

(2)If I am in a caloric defecit by eating less food, why should I do cardio? or at what point should this be added in? and also, how much of it?

A: Good point - everyone's a bit different in this respect. Take a look at homonunculus' pics - he's VERY ripped and lean! He doesn't do caradio or not very much! He does it by manipulating his nutritional intake.

(3)If I'm restricting calories, and also do some cardio? why should I take fat burning aids such as ECA and Clen? or more specifically, when should these be added?

A: I believe that fat-burning aid will do just that - aid in burning fat! So if you want to burn more fat, then yes, take fat-burning aids.

I just don't understand how all of this ties together. If some of the big dogs on the sight would be willing to elaborate I would very much appreciate it. I'm sure there are others who may be confused about this as well.

Maybe one of you guys can make a post about it in the articles forum.

xcel

This is all about the rate at which you are going to lose that fat..also alot of people have time getting lean so they have to do all theses things in combo to get cut. I have yet to need cardio to get ready for a show. I usually just diet abouit 4 weeks out and get in condition but this is just me..

weights: First of all "YOU SUCK". Just kidding.

But seriously take a look at what Dexter was able to do adding cardio for the first time. He was able to take in more food, which led to a fuller and more pealed physique. Im not saying you should do a ton, but there is great merrit in cardio before a show.

yeah i think xcel hit the nail on the head. everyone is differnt and when you find out how you work, you are then set.

it would be perfect to know how many cals your body needs per day to maintain. then do as much extra cardio to burn X amount of cals.. say you eat 2000 cals to maintain. and burn 300 cals on cardio. you are consuming -300 maintenance cals.

Later,

Todd

mainevent said:

But seriously take a look at what Dexter was able to do adding cardio for the first time. He was able to take in more food, which led to a fuller and more pealed physique. Im not saying you should do a ton, but there is great merrit in cardio before a show.

But I have the worst time adding weight. It is very hard for me to add fat to my body. I eat like shit when bulking and the fat just does not come. I have never been above 10% bf I dont think and I see that as a down fall..but what you are saying about the cardio and being able to eat more is a good point..I will look at it.

yeah weight, i know kiwi has been using the theory of the cardio and it allowing him to eat more. looks like it may be working for him.

btw, yes you are an asshole for never being above 10%, im actually dieting to got to 9%.. lol

Later,

Todd

also, good luck getting that shoulder fixed.

thanks for the kind words..mean alot..I am shooting for 6 weeks..time to pound my legs.

mainevent said:

there are definately benefits to doing cardio, it's really not a simple as calories in vx calories out, cardio can aid protein synthesis through different mechanisms than regular weight training

Mr_Magoo said:

there are definately benefits to doing cardio, it's really not a simple as calories in vx calories out, cardio can aid protein synthesis through different mechanisms than regular weight training

Crap... Does this mean I should be doing cardio to bulk??

GJ

I was just reading "Blood and Guts", Dorian's book, this past week. Several times he mentions the importance of cardio before dieting/ in the off season. He says it allows your body to increase it's metabolism and come contest time, you will lose fat quicker than if you didn't do cardio.

Obviously, everyone is different. Not all of us are freaks of nature like Weight77...:D

thanks for the tips.

I guess its best to introduce one thing at a time.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws