over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shoulder surgery (labrum tear)

bignickp

Registered
My doctor said that i have a labrum tear and its not going to get better without surgery. Apparently this is common from bench pressing. Any of the bros have this surgery? How long before you were able to lift normal again? any ugly scars or other problems?

My brother in law had this done but he's a big pussy that never lifts weights so asking him is pointless. Much appreciated guys, happy holidays! cheers

My doctor said that i have a labrum tear and its not going to get better without surgery. Apparently this is common from bench pressing. Any of the bros have this surgery? How long before you were able to lift normal again? any ugly scars or other problems?

My brother in law had this done but he's a big pussy that never lifts weights so asking him is pointless. Much appreciated guys, happy holidays! cheers

Had my labrum repaired. It was about 6 months before I could start lifting with that side of my body again. It probably took an additional 4-6 months to get my strength back to where it was pre surgery but that has to be expected. Get it done, listen to your physical therapist and don't try to rush it. It's hard but being patient with the whole process is the most beneficial or it wont heal correctly. No other problems and just 3 small 1/2 in scars (that are noticeable) from the arthroscopic surgery.

The fucking 24 hour super sling they require you to wear will drive you NUTS!!! But it works! Mine was a 100% labrum tear. I post poned the surgery until my shoulder literally would dislocate multiple times a year. I finally said NOTHING will work and I tried everything but surgery. So I did it, and it WORKED! That was 2010 and no problems since! I used to have to pop my shoulder in pls e 3-6 times a year. Now none and I workout 5 days a week. But I can not stress LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR. I tried to Grab a door handle 2 months after the surgery still in the sling and I almost cried. Might as well hit me in the thigh with a bat. 4 months I was out. 4 months of no gym and trying really hard to listen to the doctor cause he told me don't have the surgery and not follow the post op rules. Hands down best choice ever made! Sure it's 4 months down but the rest of your life (god willing) you should be fine. I'm 2 going on 3 years positive.

I did shrink but not as much as one would think but holy shit did I get gain a lot fast. Muscle memory and um creatine lol with my body being on a complete creatine free diet for those down months. I loved it, growth was amazing

thanks!

Thanks for the responses guys...I was worried that i'd never have full strength again but it sounds like i'll only never have strength if i don't get it done! thanks again!

All that said, during the recovery I should probably stay at about hrt levels i would think right? my hamsters have been blasting and crusin for about 3 years...

I had 3 minor tares in my labrum about 16 months ago. Thankfully with time, when I mean time, Im talking about 16 months to heal up without surgery. Bro, Having a rotator injury sucks. I wish you speedy recovery. " good luck, bro"!!!!! I hope all turns out well.

Thanks for the responses guys...I was worried that i'd never have full strength again but it sounds like i'll only never have strength if i don't get it done! thanks again!

All that said, during the recovery I should probably stay at about hrt levels i would think right? my hamsters have been blasting and crusin for about 3 years...

I would think PCT a long with the surgery would suck. Did you plan on being on TRT, if so, I would just go on a TRT dose.

Had mine done last year, took about a year to get my strength completely back. I would definitely cruise on HRT doses throughout, and look into GH/Peptides.

I have labrum tears on both shoulders.. Both had multiple tears.. The only symptom I had was a constant click and catching which would make me stop a movement then it would leave and I could continue on.. My doc said he would not repair the tears because it could tighten up my shoulder capsule.. He said at my age then recovery of a tear repair was not good.. He said he would trim the offending frays and all would be good..

The only issue ws following the MRI he found that I had a tear in my bicep tendon (long head) inthe shoulder thathesaid I should have repaired.. But from. What I understand many lifters have damaged bicep tendons in hat location and they never fully rupture..so I don know what to do..lol

I had a rotator cuff and a biceps tendon repair on Aug 8th. I am now probably 75-80% back as far as strength goes. Just like mentioned earlier, listen to your doctor and therapist. Don't rush it, do you therapy, and you should be good 6 months after surgery. I also used TB 500 or Thymosin after surgery.

I had a superior labrum tear which required 3 anchors this surgery was fast and completely arthroscopic so i was left with 3 small scars about the size of a penny each.. rehab was easy, they will have you doing "pendulum movements" for the first couple weeks and the sling is more for a reminder to not use the arm for anything... at about the 8week mark i started working on range of motion again.. at 5mo post op i was still achey and after a few visits to the dr. that did my surgery we determined that the long head of the biceps was pulling on the labrum and causing the ache so i had a biceps tenodisis this left me with a decent size scar right below the deltoid on the biceps. recovery from this was uncomfortable! i was 8weeks in a super sling 24/7 the only time i was let out was when i needed to shower. NOT FUN then began the range of motion again, i was also out of the gym for a year with this one as the doctor didnt want me to be doing anything super intense so it was light dumbell work and rubber bands to stay in shape also lots of cardio :) since healing completely i am still achey on that shoulder and i have just gotten to the point that i know how to work around/through it.. i train hard and heavy again and aside from a decent scar on my right biceps i am well perportioned.. im in the 270lb range not lean obviously :) and i lift very heavy in most exercises, im a little gun shy on the chest and arm days still though..

I am 5 weeks post dislocation of my shoulder, with labrum tear. My Orthro says its based on comfort and range of motion after pt, before surgery is a option. Kinda sucks to heal up, just to potentially start all over again.

I feel you for sure on the labrum/shoulder pain!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws