over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Some questions about Big A's :Growth principles

ice006

Newbies
Hi

Under DIET "Big A" wrote that Calories don't count and macro nutrients do, does that mean that i can actually grow muscle and lose weight at the same time if i get enough macro nutrients but still create a caloric deficit? Ive been going to the gym for over 4 months now and lost about 25kg of fat, but my muscles havent grown (nor have i lost any) and strength wise i'm exactly where i was when i started, muscles have gotten firmer tho. I didnt really count how much protein or carbs i consumed because weight loss was my main objective and everyone was saying that you cant lose weight and build muscle at the same time but now im getting tired of lifting weights without any results and now im wondering if i actually can get any strength gains if i get enough protein and carbs from supplements but still keep my daily caloric intake under 2000 ???
And another question "Big A" said that you should never train 2 days in a row but does that mean cardio too or just weights? I train 5 times a week but lift weights 3 times a week(mon,wed,fri), so would the cardio on tue&thur hinder muscle growth?

theres another thread that might help you. look up the dave apulcinella Q&A he talk about growing into a show and the 6 foods that work. you definately can grow and stay lean at the same time.

theres another thread that might help you. look up the dave apulcinella Q&A he talk about growing into a show and the 6 foods that work. you definately can grow and stay lean at the same time.

Yes, you can grow and stay lean(it takes a little time) My concern for was I heard he doesn't count protien or carbs, maybe that is the problem.:rolleyes:

i think when your starting out your gonna need to keep count. at this point i dont really count anymore, i kinda go on instinct. i mean, i know i get at least 450 gram protien 400 gram carbs....etc every day. but i think he needs to really start reading the nutritional info on everything he buys to keep a good count on what he's getting until he learns to read his body alittle better

Yes, you can grow and stay lean(it takes a little time) My concern for was I heard he doesn't count protien or carbs, maybe that is the problem.:rolleyes:

Well that was the point of my question. WILL i grow if i start to use protein and carb supplements but still create a caloric deficit ???

I wouldnt worry about creating a caloric deficit. keep the calories up but watch where you get ur calories from. every day i get a TON of calories from chicken and egg whites. a few from brown rice or whole wheat pasta, a good amount from vegetables. it when you start getting ur calories from stuff like cheesesteaks and hogies then youll put on fat. LBA's would be a big help to you along with a quality shake that has alot of protien, and just add the LBA's to it. at your stage of the game id say eat whenever your hungry, just eat smart. if you feel like you need an extra chicken breast go for it. if you eat right you can eat alot and not get fat.

Oh. and dont worry about supplements too mush. make the basis of what your trying to do be REAL food. supplements are just that, theyre made to supplement your diet. id say just stick with a quality protien shake and LBA's.

i dont think you guys really understood what i was asking.
I wanted to know if i can keep on losing weight (im still like 15kg overweight) and gain some STRENGTH if i get the protein and carbs that i need from supplements but still creating caloric deficit and losing weight (burning more calories in a day than i take in, lets say a 1000calories of deficit) ???

i got what ur saying, and my point is that you dont need to create a deficit to burn off fat. i think in ur first post you said you want to get big and ripped. well for the big part your gonna need those calories. and for the ripped part you need to be careful where those calories come from. you can do both at the same time, there is no reason ro rely on a calorie deficit and supplements to lean out and grow. diet is the key here, along with cardio. supplements are great but once you learn how to maniplate ur diet to get the results you want, they will come quicker than ever before. however i do believe with the help of LBA's and the right shakes what you propose is possible it just is not the way i would do it, just a matter of personal opinion

well no i dont want to get big and ripped, i just want to loose the extra weight and gain some strength and muscle in the process. For example when i started going to the gym in the end of the january i did my bench press sets with 60kg of weight and in over four months i havent managed to improve that, so my goal would be to loose all the excess bodyweight and make some improvements in weightlifting in the process.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws