over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Son said "Guess what I am on Dad"

Lloyd1019

Registered
Saw my son a few days ago. He had gained almost 40 pounds since Turkey day. He said he had been following my diet and work out plan. I expressed my doubts about his gains from my diet and workout plan alone. Then it came out. I must be the biggest hipocrit out there, because I could not support his decision to do this. I was mad he was doing this and even felt he was cheating. He is 21 and nothing I say would sway his decisions. He told me, dad.... you must have done it before, and you can not tell mr otherwise. I had to say no.... I have not.... What would you have said?

Sounds like some good advice here:

Tell him yeah and help him out?

You can't make him stop doing it, so your second best option is to make sure he does it safely. Have him take reasonable doses, an AI, HCG, etc.

I don't have a son yet bro but if I was in your shoes I'd honestly be happy and thank God that my son was that honest with me. That's invaluable, instead of being mad about it, guide him and tell him health comes first, because you not being happy about it certainly won't stop him. This probably will happen to me when I have a son but I'll have to be honest with him and show him the right way to do things

You dont have to condone it just make sure he is being safe

Your son is an adult, he tells you the truth and you lie to him? You're lucky he told you.... I"m 25 my parents didn't know until they found my gear at my house they don't make a big deal of it just told me to do my research on it and if i'm going to do it do it right. Maybe you should support him instead of possibly pushing him away in the long run.... Then you never might see him...

Saw my son a few days ago. He had gained almost 40 pounds since Turkey day. He said he had been following my diet and work out plan. I expressed my doubts about his gains from my diet and workout plan alone. Then it came out. I must be the biggest hipocrit out there, because I could not support his decision to do this. I was mad he was doing this and even felt he was cheating. He is 21 and nothing I say would sway his decisions. He told me, dad.... you must have done it before, and you can not tell mr otherwise. I had to say no.... I have not.... What would you have said?

You could show him the topic here named "Would you start using steroids if you knew what lay in store (HRT, cardiovascular events and so on)?" or something where almost all the vets say hell no. I doubt he'll kick it just like that. But it will get him thinking and being more careful. Also your best bet would be to educate him on "less means more" concerning gear and all the health precautions.
Good luck.

Teach him moderation because like it or not he will continue...if he saw results like that in 5-6 months he will not just stop...

I did that at 21 yrs old...put on 28 lbs of muscle in about 3 months and never looked back. But where I went wrong a couple of years later was in trying to duplicate that...I ran about 3x what I would consider now and had nose bleeds, and stomach pains, headaches...gained about 30 lbs in 40-50 days and looked like crap. I thought I wanted to be a pro bodybuilder...that was a short lived dream as I got injured several times...my strength went up so fast I couldn't keep up. Hell I was stronger at 21-22 yrs old than I am with 9 yrs of additional training! But, I don't train for max strength at all anymore.

Teach him to do his blood work and keep an eye on health indicators. Teach him moderation. Be smart about it. And be honest...if he keeps this up he will potentially ruin his endocrine system (to some extent) and be on HRT forever...as I am.

If I could go back, I would still do what I do, but a lot less of it. The doses I run now would make a "bodybuilder" laugh but 300 test and 200-300 masteron or primo does well for me. Basically HRT plus a little.

alot of great advice

I know as a father, my role is to teach, educate, develop and role model. I have done my best over the years but this one caught me off guard. I feel worse for lying to him. I will go back and talk to him about it and attempt to convince him to research this topic with me. Maybe learn together. A few years ago he was picked up by the popo for a little baggie....... that was an easier conversation than this one.

Get him signed up on the board and make sure he's doing things properly.

I have to say your kid has guys. I'm 25 and wouldn't tell my brother or my parents even if directly asked-because they're so ignorant and against the gear. Kudos to your kid thinking he could open up to you and be up front about It.
Just check In on him and make sure hes being safe and get his ass on the board so he can be spoon fed knowledge from today's greats!

Another way I see it..he's living a healthy life and taking juice to maximize his efforts in the kitchen and on the gym.

At least he's not in and out of jail doing hardcore drugs, with way worse sides.

Id educate him best i could to keep it safe. Id be glad he chose that lifestyle and not the booze and drugs a lot choose at that age.

I know as a father, my role is to teach, educate, develop and role model. I have done my best over the years but this one caught me off guard. I feel worse for lying to him. I will go back and talk to him about it and attempt to convince him to research this topic with me. Maybe learn together. A few years ago he was picked up by the popo for a little baggie....... that was an easier conversation than this one.

IMO i think thats awesome that you would consider researching together, I agree with the other guys you should deff get him on the board, i've been using for about 4 yrs now and have learned so much more from just "trolling' around...best of luck to you both. i'm sure in the end it will bring you guys closer.

What a beautiful relationship you two have. Cherish it. Coach him. He knows you've done it and probably wants to be just like Dad. He's an adult and is capable of making his own decisions. All you can do is give him advice and steer him in the right direction. I think that the big issue at hand here now it's your integrity. Come clean. He respects you. Do not jeopardize your frienship. He's moved on to bigger things now. You two are eachothers true bros.

I feel like this will be a conversation I will one day with my kid and I think about it all the time. Kids are smart n they grow up.

I guess I would just come clean with at a young age but tell him all the things he needs to understand and educate himself on. Also explain he needs at least 10 years under his belt of lifting before he even attempts anything.

I duno though...this is a tough one...I feel for ya man...

The truth will set you free.

Your son is an adult, he tells you the truth and you lie to him? You're lucky he told you.... I"m 25 my parents didn't know until they found my gear at my house they don't make a big deal of it just told me to do my research on it and if i'm going to do it do it right. Maybe you should support him instead of possibly pushing him away in the long run.... Then you never might see him...

I'm jealous. If my mother found out I was on gear, it would be the biggest, ugliest fight imagineable

it was a tough conversation

It went well, but was very tough. I explained I lied the first time and I apologized. I went on to say how I have always taught him to "do the right thing" and cheaters never win.. yada yada...etc. Even to me, juice feels like I am cheating. He says he understood why the conversation would be hard. I have tried to get him on this board, but he has one he partiscipates on. (Weird, but he had to pay $$$ to join it). I looked at his first dvd and it was dvdDbol for 2 weeks and dvdTestE@ 500wk for 8 weeks. He has been watching nolva for a few times through out the process. His forum does not appear to have sent him in the wrong direction.

It's a good thing that his interest are in body building and not in other things like been a hoodlum I think I would feel better him telling then me finding out on my own but hey at least he's doing something to better himself and not something that is frying his brain cells like other people do at that age shit show him the way bro

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws