over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Study Low Load-High Volume being most effective for Protein Synthesis

well a que for Phil

I believe it...........because the 3rd group got closer to true positive failure........think about it........90% of max? IF you can do 2-3 reps do you believe that you could squeeze out more if the resistance was lowered to 30%? I do.........why is this research all or nothing.............try 50-60% max to failure

what percentage of bodybuilder have it them to
inc Bench press 405 x 8
dead lifts 600 x 8
Squats 500 x 8

the reason i ask you is that after 8 to 9 years of training i still i lack behind by 90 to 100 pounds on these bread and butter movements..i don know if i ever i`ll be able to make it....

but is`nt progressive overload the only thing that we as bodybuilder should be after, there are so many people who think some "mystical" ways of growing muscle mass...
i was amazed at mark dugdale`s comment ..on him going for more volume rather than his Dorian`s high intensity heavy duty training(somethingthat made the mark dugdale that he is known for)...he said some where.. its only this much that a person can lift...once he reaches that limit... he needs to find some other ways to grow...

what is that "convincing enough" theory other than progressive overload....

come on Dante comment something electrifying... i have`nt done the cut copy paste for quiet a while now... really craving for it(cut copy paste thing)...lol;):D

come on Dante comment something electrifying... i have`nt done the cut copy paste for quiet a while now... really craving for it(cut copy paste thing)...lol;):D

I have been pressed for time and i kind of skimmed everything but if you want my opinion....

1) i believe in progressive weight lifting whether that be for 30 reps, 25 reps, 20 reps, 15 reps, 10 reps, 5 reps (although i think that can be dangerous if you do that regularly)

2) Pretty much to move forward in this sport you need to do better today than what you did last time. You could do the hardest leg workout of your life involving giant setting 6 exercises for 20-30 sets and it always going to be hard doing it but if you are doing it a year from now with the same exact weights you did one year earlier....did you really get any larger after the 3-4th workout of doing it? And yet its still incredibly hard to do.....youll be destroyed every time you do it....but if you dont change a particular....you arent going to adapt. I like the particular of increased weight because that is infinite while increased exercises or sets or whatever is usually finite....unless you want to spend 8 hours doing workouts.

3) This study above.....hmmmm low load high volume.....I have a greater amount of participants than them for this study.....VIRTUALLY EVERY SINGLE GUY YOU HAVE IN YOUR GYMS ACROSS THE COUNTRY. Lets seriously skip the "hey lets not train hard!" bullshit and get to the bottom line shall we? How many people have trained like that? Millions? Every accountant in every city in the USA? Your next door neighbor who likes to wear zubaz pants because he doesnt do legs but does 30 sets for arms and chest? Every high school acquaintance youve ever had in your life who you run across now and asks you how "you got so big?"......Do you see a gamut of individuals in your gym getting dramatically larger lifting like that? Because lets be honest here you see multiple of (100's for some of you lifting in larger gyms) lifting like that every day.....they are usually the guys with the daisy duke satin like shorts that are cut kind of embarrasingly high and you have gotten pissed at them before because they do set after set after set after set on the machine or apparatus you want to use. Almost every "want to stay in shape" guy in gyms and health clubs across this country LIFTS LIKE THAT.

Ask yourself a question....who is getting large....satin short guy or the hardcore guy in the corner getting ready to pull 455 deadlifts for 9?

I heard Usain Bolt is also trying to get faster by walking now

Last edited:
I have been pressed for time and i kind of skimmed everything but if you want my opinion....

1) i believe in progressive weight lifting whether that be for 30 reps, 25 reps, 20 reps, 15 reps, 10 reps, 5 reps (although i think that can be dangerous if you do that regularly)

2) Pretty much to move forward in this sport you need to do better today than what you did last time. You could do the hardest leg workout of your life involving giant setting 6 exercises for 20-30 sets and it always going to be hard doing it but if you are doing it a year from now with the same exact weights you did one year earlier....did you really get any larger after the 3-4th workout of doing it? And yet its still incredibly hard to do.....youll be destroyed every time you do it....but if you dont change a particular....you arent going to adapt. I like the particular of increased weight because that is infinite while increased exercises or sets or whatever is usually finite....unless you want to spend 8 hours doing workouts.

3) This study above.....hmmmm low load high volume.....I have a greater amount of participants than them for this study.....VIRTUALLY EVERY SINGLE GUY YOU HAVE IN YOUR GYMS ACROSS THE COUNTRY. Lets seriously skip the "hey lets not train hard!" bullshit and get to the bottom line shall we? How many people have trained like that? Millions? Every accountant in every city in the USA? Your next door neighbor who likes to wear zubaz pants because he doesnt do legs but does 30 sets for arms and chest? Every high school acquaintance youve ever had in your life who you run across now and asks you how "you got so big?"......Do you see a gamut of individuals in your gym getting dramatically larger lifting like that? Because lets be honest here you see multiple of (100's for some of you lifting in larger gyms) lifting like that every day.....they are usually the guys with the daisy duke satin like shorts that are cut kind of embarrasingly high and you have gotten pissed at them before because they do set after set after set after set on the machine or apparatus you want to use. Almost every "want to stay in shape" guy in gyms and health clubs across this country LIFTS LIKE THAT.

Ask yourself a question....who is getting large....satin short guy or the hardcore guy in the corner getting ready to pull 455 deadlifts for 9?

this is classic.

hey Dante
one more que,
i know you`ve made many mass monsters over the years through progressive weight training and progressive eating. So could you tell me on an average how much time did it take for your advanced trainees to bring up the lifting poundages by 100 to 150 pounds on the basic movements like inclines, deadslifts squats etc etc.

(for example if some came to you with 315 x 8 on inclines and you made him do 405 x 10)

of course it depends upon the individual`s genetics but i am just trying to figure out the average time....especially for the intermediate advanced guys

would appreciate your input
thanks

I think the article confuses higher reps with higher volume. I have always been under the impression that high volume refers to total amount of sets.

Both groups did the same amount of sets. I belive it has been stated by Phil or Dante that reps don't matter all that much, doing more the next work out does

I think the article confuses higher reps with higher volume. I have always been under the impression that high volume refers to total amount of sets.

It the article is referring to load-volume, then it's reps and sets.

Hilarious. Especially to a former track guy.

What do you see working in the real world? I'll bet Dante' has said that a thousand times.

In fact, thinking of track brings to mind an example from the past year. For 20 years the US and others had been getting walloped in the 5k, 10k etc. by Kenyans and Ethiopians and Moroccans. All sorts of scientific studies, supposedly, were done, with 'experts' telling our guys they couldn't compete, they're too big (Kenyans are small, etc). The last couple of years two coaches decided to emulate what the East Africans and Moroccans were doing, and lo and behold, their guys are running as fast the Africans in the 5k, and one of their guys who's "too big" (almost 170 lbs) blew a field of Kenyans etc. off the track running a 10k under 27 minutes. Instead of reading abstracts they finally decided to simply copy what works. This applies to bodybuilding. What do most of the biggest guys do? Do that. (I should point out that most of the success of E. African runners is due to two coaches from Europe that no one would listen to back in the 1980's, but they found the Africans hungry and receptive)

Go heavy dude. Give DC a shot.

Here is a link to 4 of the top guys right now writing in the nutrition and exercise field:

**broken link removed**

Lyle McDonald
James Krieger
Alan Aragon
Borge Fagerli

BMJ

Last edited:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views