over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TBJP education series

Yeah, JP has gone over this a few times and I think it makes sense. Just touch the heavier weights so you are physically and mentally ready for it. Don't waste energy.

I usually start with 15-20 reps, then 8, then 4-6, then the final working set. I could do less reps, but I'm cautious and want to be warmer. My second exercise will be shorter.

I think this is a great series overall. Many layers of information, giving credit where it's due, and saying ultimately nothing is absolute.
i do the exact same thing start with 10-12, then 6-8, then 3-4 and if im going really heavy i will do 1 rep with weight just a smidge under my workin set.

Feeler not feeder. It’s where you only do 1-3 rep sets until you hit your working set so you don’t waste energy and accumulate fatigue on sets that take away from the ones that matter.
I've only heard JP ever refer to them as feeder sets, FWIW. But when I've heard him talk about feeder sets he's usually saying he doesn't normally use them and is referring to sets where you're going a few shorts of failure, not super low reps like you're talking about.

I've only heard JP ever refer to them as feeder sets, FWIW. But when I've heard him talk about feeder sets he's usually saying he doesn't normally use them and is referring to sets where you're going a few shorts of failure, not super low reps like you're talking about.
He talks about it in the video and does them. Feeler sets so you just feel the weight as your building to your work set not wasting energy so you’re as strong as possible on your working set. Did you watch the videos?

Similar to this?
Even though it’s light weight you’re still fatiguing the muscle with 10 and 12 reps.
The goal is to be as strong as possible and not waste any energy on the warm up sets.

@specter I was talking to you about what you do with the attached image as comparison to what you do.

Even though it’s light weight you’re still fatiguing the muscle with 10 and 12 reps.
The goal is to be as strong as possible and not waste any energy on the warm up sets.

All of the warm up sets will cause muscle fatigue.

Some will require more/less than others warming up. Just like some are more/less prone to injury - we're all built differently.

Do what works for you.

Personally, I'm more 15-20, 10-12, 4-6, 2-3, 1-2, working set (depending on where the exercise is). Less required after 1st exercise.

All of the warm up sets will cause muscle fatigue.

Some will require more/less than others warming up. Just like some are more/less prone to injury - we're all built differently.

Do what works for you.

Personally, I'm more 15-20, 10-12, 4-6, 2-3, 1-2, working set (depending on where the exercise is). Less required after 1st exercise.
Okay but the point here in which we are discussing JPs training is to keep wasted energy to a minimum.
Also no not all warm up sets cause some fatigue that is objectively false

He talks about it in the video and does them. Feeler sets so you just feel the weight as your building to your work set not wasting energy so you’re as strong as possible on your working set. Did you watch the videos?
Yeah, in fact I went back and watched them before just to see if I missed it. I need more DHEA and Pregnenolone I guess.

Okay but the point here in which we are discussing JPs training is to keep wasted energy to a minimum.
Also no not all warm up sets cause some fatigue that is objectively false

You want to split hairs, OK buddy. I have better things to do.

Warm up however you want.

does any one know if they posted on the trainedbyjp site any of james hollingsheads nutrition, training, supps etc coming into these latest shows he did ?
i remember there was a few journals back in the day when i was a member

i think james does PPL with biceps on leg day ? is this right, does anyone know where to find his split ?
too busy lately to keep up to date

You want to split hairs, OK buddy. I have better things to do.

Warm up however you want.
Not sure how not wasting energy on warmup sets which do not contribute to building tissue is splitting hairs especially when the discussion is how Jordan Peters recommends to do warm ups in a thread about Jordan Peters training is splitting hairs.

Great that you have better things to do go do them. Apparently you didn’t have better things to do than comment this though.

I wasn’t asking for advice here, so yes I will continue to warmup in a way which saves energy and primes the muscle for what contributes to growth.

Can we all agree the RIR, Mike Israetel style does suck at this point lol? Just my opinion that it isn't effective for most mortals. Not to site anecdotal evidence, but how come none of those science based RIR guys ever look good?

Not to site anecdotal evidence, but how come none of those science based RIR guys ever look good?
Jared Feather has a good looking physique imho. He's one of the Mike Israetel Team.

Jared Feather has a good looking physique imho. He's one of the Mike Israetel Team.
I think Israetel's arrogance annoys me to be honest. He dismisses the 50 years of training knowledge actually acquired by real life gym experiences and just thinks its some science equation. He mocks people who train to failure because in his mind, science proved 3 RIR results in the same muscle growth. Well He hasnt put muscle on in a good decade so not sure i agree with him. But i digress.

Can we all agree the RIR, Mike Israetel style does suck at this point lol? Just my opinion that it isn't effective for most mortals. Not to site anecdotal evidence, but how come none of those science based RIR guys ever look good?
I’m not a fan of rir or rpe. I think it should be reserved for extremely advanced guys. Most people don’t have the skill developed to know how far away from or close they are to failure.
I’ve been doing this 20years and I still suck at it.
I’ve had sets that felt like I only had 1 or 2 more reps left but squeezed out 5.
Mike is still claiming that volume is the primary driver of growth and he is wrong. He’s an extremely intelligent guy and I have no doubt he knows he’s wrong but he’s built his whole schtick and business around it.
The whole “evidence based” movement was one of the worst things to happen to guys trying to grow.

I’m not a fan of rir or rpe. I think it should be reserved for extremely advanced guys. Most people don’t have the skill developed to know how far away from or close they are to failure.
I’ve been doing this 20years and I still suck at it.
I’ve had sets that felt like I only had 1 or 2 more reps left but squeezed out 5.
Mike is still claiming that volume is the primary driver of growth and he is wrong. He’s an extremely intelligent guy and I have no doubt he knows he’s wrong but he’s built his whole schtick and business around it.
The whole “evidence based” movement was one of the worst things to happen to guys trying to grow.
This is absolutely spot on and pretty much exactly my take on it as well.

I'd only add:

- Mike always setting up his webcam so that you have the POV of a woman giving her most regretted blowjob because he thinks it makes him look big doesn't help.

- His tone of voice is that of someone trying to explain something to a 5 year old which is what people who think they're way smarter than they are do.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131