over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Third dog..... To many?

gibbob2

Registered
Hey, just looking for some opinions. I currently have a 5 year old weim, and a 8 month old great dane. They are happy healthy dogs, no issues.

I happened to come across someone who has a 3 month old Tosa Inu puppy who is looking for a good home. I was just wondering if anyone on here has three dogs? Is it really any different other then a greater food bill? We have room in the cars, can pay the vet bills, can exercise.....

Just not to sure if it will be overwhelming. It might sounds wierd but my girl and I don't have kids yet. and yes we want them. We just aren;t in a place to have a child. I don't want family and friends looking at us thinking we are the DOG people and so on...

hmmmm, well does anybody on here have 3 dogs, or a tosA?

Go for it

I have 3 dogs (mutt,pug & rottweiler) 2 cats , 130 gallon fish tank with 5 turtles, water snake, 2 bass, blue gill and a channel cat, another tank with 2 toads and 2 leopard geckos and a 10 year old daughter and 7 year old son..

And a very understanding wife.

We have a blast.

Do you know anything about Tosa's? They're not dogs that get along well with other animals, or strangers. This dog, while I believe to be a great breed, needs to be with someone who knows what they're doing. Its a monster when fully grown and has the mass of an english mastiff with the jaw power of a pitbull. If your weim or dane gets into a fight w/ him, they'll prob lose. Weim's have attitudes and are stubborn, and danes can be like this as well. You got enough tim on your hands to deal w/ all three. It'd take alot of work and focus to make this a good threesome.

Well I don't think you are crazy for wanting 3 dogs. About a year ago I had a great dane/pit mix, german shepherd mix, and a full blooded German Rottie. It was a ton a ton of work, however very much worth it. As long as you have the funds and can excercise them regularly it shouldn't be a problem. As far as your food bill....not much different! Good luck to you!!

Hey guys, I decided on no for the third. It would have been a female, making my pack three females. Somehting that never crossed my mind but the breeder advised me against it because "bitches will be bitches" as he ever so politely said.

and skulboner., yeah I know about tosa's, thats why I want one, great dogs and yes they can be animal agressive. (i am not going to enter a debate about their temperment, but still) When raised as a puppy with mature dogs they have no issues. You could raise them with a duck if you wanted to and they would grow up to protect it. It's when you introduce unknown animals when they are mature.

thanks for all the advice guys.

these are our two wrestling, cause really, whats a threat in the member pets section without a picture of wrestling dogs. (shitty quality but a once in a lifetime caption!)

Attachments

• PA070007.jpg
    PA070007.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 201
Hey just going off most who say they want a large breed tough dogs but don't know what it takes to deal with them. If you do, then go for it. Hope it works for you. Good luck.

My female rotty

Very sweet, loves all people and the other dogs and cats in the house. But will attack any other dog - male, female, large, small. I've had big dogs my whole life - this is my 3rd rotty, but I am always worried she's going to get out and hurt someone's pet.

I have 2 dogs/2cats and I feel that it's 'like' having kids(although I don't).

I too have a Wiem mix and she has killed just about anything that's made it into the backyard except what I think was a raccoon in my middle of the night sleep to pull her off and save the little guy's life(maybe only to end in misery...not sure:eek:)

However, she's extermly NON-tempermental with any other dogs because we've socialized her at dog parks etc.

I believe a breed can have certain traits but they can also be worked out when done the right way.

If the choice is to rescue the animal and you can provide, go for it.

Edit: BTW, to the original poster, you're two pups look similar to mine in color and breeds it seems.

I have the Wiem/pit mix and her brother who looks German shepard/pit mix...He's almost all black with HUGE ears.

Good looking pups you have there...Ours wrestle all the time too!

Last edited:
If you do get a new dog make sure to introduce it to the two others and see
how they react with one another. You dont want to bring another alpha male in
the mix that will cause havoc with the others

2 Saint Bernards, and an English Bulldog here. Male Saint, and the other two are females. The female Saint is fixed. I think you made the right move, by not going with 3 females. If nothing else....way too much estrogen in the house!

no kidding, that would be 4 females against me!
I think we will wait till we get a decent ammount of property and get a male to join the family. and as much as I will hate doing it to him, he will get fixed.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131