over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

training ? is this enough

bbg420

Registered
ok guys I have a very busy schedule ,2 jobs, family etc, im not a competing anything and never will be ,my diet is great and gear usage is involved, im thinking of training 3 days weekly, using this routine ,Monday chest shoulders triceps, wed legs, Friday back biceps, I use 3x5 heavy lifting always, then moving to 4 sets 5, then 5 sets 5 ,when I get to 5x5 I up the weight to get back to 3x5 using all free weights ,compound excercises only ,Monday bb bench press, close grip bench, seated military press ,wed bb squat, stiff leg deadlifts, bb calf raises, Friday deadlift ,bent over bb rows ,standing bb curl, im always either working for another set, or upping weight, so always shooting for progress ,what you guys think, I could maybe ,just maybe ,do a 3 day on 1 off , then repeat using same program above, but if I can get by with 3 days why up it, like I said busy schedule, I like growth principles theory ,but maxing out without a partner, is not possible, plus you wanna max out on squat, meaning go down but cant stand up, sounds dangerous to me

Last edited:
maybe it safer then to use the smith machines for you squats if you go badd ass heavy an put an bench behind you for safety

Or use legpress in stead of squat?

chest shoulders triceps on one day sound pretty exausting to me and I wonder if you can realy hit those muscle groups to the max

3 days in a week you can do maybe

chest/triceps
back/biceps
shoulders/legs

and add a rest day in between if this works better for your scedule/recovery time
If you feel like working out more, then you have plenty of time to start from the top again
Or you can add an extra day to focus on lacking body parts

maybe it safer then to use the smith machines for you squats if you go badd ass heavy an put an bench behind you for safety

Or use legpress in stead of squat?

chest shoulders triceps on one day sound pretty exausting to me and I wonder if you can realy hit those muscle groups to the max

3 days in a week you can do maybe

chest/triceps
back/biceps
shoulders/legs

and add a rest day in between if this works better for your scedule/recovery time
If you feel like working out more, then you have plenty of time to start from the top again
Or you can add an extra day to focus on lacking body parts

if you look at the workout, its bb bench, close grip bench and military press, 3 to 5 sets of 5 for each

I think you are over thinking it. Hit every muscle group once a week.

Bi's and tri's - 3 sets. Thats it, hit them hard and kill em and they will grow. if that doesn't work for you, up it or change it. Its all trial and error.

In my head, before I hit the gym, I know what I am going to do and how many sets but one thing I do, if I am not tired, I keep going and know I haven't pushed myself hard enough.

You will figure it out. Just be consistent in your diet and hitting the gym.

ok guys I have a very busy schedule ,2 jobs, family etc, im not a competing anything and never will be ,my diet is great and gear usage is involved, im thinking of training 3 days weekly, using this routine ,Monday chest shoulders triceps, wed legs, Friday back biceps, I use 3x5 heavy lifting always, then moving to 4 sets 5, then 5 sets 5 ,when I get to 5x5 I up the weight to get back to 3x5 using all free weights ,compound excercises only ,Monday bb bench press, close grip bench, seated military press ,wed bb squat, stiff leg deadlifts, bb calf raises, Friday deadlift ,bent over bb rows ,standing bb curl, im always either working for another set, or upping weight, so always shooting for progress ,what you guys think, I could maybe ,just maybe ,do a 3 day on 1 off , then repeat using same program above, but if I can get by with 3 days why up it, like I said busy schedule, I like growth principles theory ,but maxing out without a partner, is not possible, plus you wanna max out on squat, meaning go down but cant stand up, sounds dangerous to me

What's the goal? Just to gain strength? This is more like powerlifting training than bodybuilding. :confused:

What's the goal? Just to gain strength? This is more like powerlifting training than bodybuilding. :confused:

why you think you cant gain muscle with that workout ,I mean always making progress and your diet is gonna be the main reason you put on size ,some people think you gotta workout 6 days a week 4 hours a day to gain muscle ,really I could care less about strength to tell you the truth

If you're going to train 3 days per week, I'd look into doing DC style training. It fits your schedule perfectly and people seem to have great results on it.

why you think you cant gain muscle with that workout ,I mean always making progress and your diet is gonna be the main reason you put on size ,some people think you gotta workout 6 days a week 4 hours a day to gain muscle ,really I could care less about strength to tell you the truth

Wasn't referring to the number of days per week, but rather the number of reps per set. 8-12 and higher will stimulate hypertrophy a lot better than 5 and your joints will thank you.

High weight low rep is more powerlifting. In my experience, ~10reps seems to be optimal for growth, using slower, more controlled movements (more time under tension).

The question to OP is: have you tried your plan? Is it working for you?

Wasn't referring to the number of days per week, but rather the number of reps per set. 8-12 and higher will stimulate hypertrophy a lot better than 5 and your joints will thank you.

funny you should say that, cause I asked emeric ifbb pro ,he said good split but he would up reps to 12, but that means I cant go as heavy, but hey maybe I should go with 3 sets 12 using the same theory add sets until I get to 5 sets, then up weight, but got to drop weight if doing 12 reps ,I thought lifting heavy is what packs mass on ,but in reality, I think mass happens in the kitchen not the gym

Last edited:
how about this? consolidate body parts so you can hit your whole body in 2 workouts, this way your hitting each body part every 5 days instead of once a week? Train M-W-F lets say and stick with the 3x5 if you like it for starters and progress in reps up till you hit lets say 9-10 reps on all sets then add weight and do it again .

Plenty of ways to skin this cat but why only train a body part once a week? thats only 52x per yer

I don't think there's enough information here for anyone to give solid advice. You said "my diet is great" I'm wondering what that means. Surplus? Deficit? What's your bf % and what are your goals. You said "and gear usage is involved" I'm wondering if that means you are on gear now, or if you are just experienced and planning a bulk or a cut? You said "im thinking of training 3 days weekly" I'm wondering if that means you are not currently training and you are just getting back into it or if you just started this second job so you are changing your schedule. In any case, 3 days a week is fine. As long as you are pushing yourself and training hard, you will make progress.

Last edited:
I don't think there's enough information here for anyone to give solid advice. You said "my diet is great" I'm wondering what that means. Surplus? Deficit? What's your bf % and what are your goals. You said "and gear usage is involved" I'm wondering if that means you are on gear now, or if you are just experienced and planning a bulk or a cut? You said "im thinking of training 3 days weekly" I'm wondering if that means you are not currently training and you are just getting back into it or if you just started this second job so you are changing your schedule. In any case, 3 days a week is fine. As long as you are pushing yourself and training hard, you will make progress.

im 35 ,6 foot 211 pounds, just finished bulking, was thinking of adding a little more weight and then cut up, no bro ive been lifting non stop for years now ,funny thing is no matter how I train results seem to be the same in the gym anyway, ive never been over a gram of gear and that's with different steroids in the mix ,before I was doing a 4 day split, done 3 on 1 off before ,still same results ,that's why im going to this 3 day workout, in out of gym in about 40 minutes ,im starting to think you know what as long as you stimulate the muscle and make progress that's all you need, diet is always gonna make or break you and gear is 2nd ,training Ive got to put 3rd in my experience anyway, I mean you remember that study that gave subjects 600mg week testosterone, the ones who took the steroids and didn't train at all destroyed the natural guys who lifted weights, of course the ones who took steroids and lifted gained the most muscle, but 2nd place where the guys who took test and didn't even lift, im not a competing anything ,so this new workout is gonna work great I think, one change I made leg day instead of squat ,stiff leg deads and calf raises, I dropped stiff legs and calf raises and added leg press instead, so leg day I squat and leg press only, the 2 best excersises for legs ,I only do compound excersises, I mean I hate to quote this kid, but bostin lyodd said he thinks you can have an amazing body with just diet and gear, no gym required ,I will never follow that advice but who knows, in his defense he is bigger then I will ever be lol, I mean has anyone else ever noticed that as well, theres all this dc training ,split, full body, etc, but yet results seem to be the same ,like I said diet will always be number 1 ,train your ass off 6 days a week 4 hours a day but don't eat enough, you wont gain shit ,maybe strength but not size, like I said in my experience diet number 1, gear number 2 ,training 3rd ,be honest guys you ever notice that to with training

Last edited:
has anyone else ever noticed that as well, theres all this dc training ,split, full body, etc, but yet results seem to be the same

People have had success following a lot of different philosophies on nutrition and protocols for gear as well. Just because guys have gotten it done different ways doesn't make any one variable less important than another. Once you've been at this more than a few years consistently and have a reasonable foundation to build from it all comes down to trial and error to figure out what your body responds to best with regard to all 3: training, nutrition, and gear.

People have had success following a lot of different philosophies on nutrition and protocols for gear as well. Just because guys have gotten it done different ways doesn't make any one variable less important than another. Once you've been at this more than a few years consistently and have a reasonable foundation to build from it all comes down to trial and error to figure out what your body responds to best with regard to all 3: training, nutrition, and gear.

ya that's true, if this dosent feel like enough I would be willing to do same workout but 3 on 1 off ,that's 6 days week, hitting those muscles twice weekly ,ive taken the advice now I do 3 sets of 10 heavy, then il move to 4 sets of 10 when 3 sets of 10 becomes easier, im always progressing by either moving up in sets or weight

As gottagain said you have to find what works for you. What do you mean by you have allays had the same results? Have you been bulking and cutting for years and never gone above a certain weight?

As gottagain said you have to find what works for you. What do you mean by you have allays had the same results? Have you been bulking and cutting for years and never gone above a certain weight?

what I mean is ive been bulking for a while ,every couple months I switched routines up ,what I mean is I noticed no difference in size or strength doing a 3 day full body, then when I did 6 day split routine, no difference at all, the changes came with diet change, or gear dosage

If you're going to train 3 days per week, I'd look into doing DC style training. It fits your schedule perfectly and people seem to have great results on it.

I tried this, it is very refreshing but personally I couldn't last is long, my body felt burned out after 3 weeks. but then I trained 5-6 days a week though.
I'ts sure nice for strenght improvement and I can imagine you can add some serious mass on bu following this protocol

Well try it out and let us know how it goes. Personally I usually do 4 or 5 exercises and I'm never there for less than an hour. Sometimes 2 or more. But that's just how I like to train.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131