over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Urination sensation during squats and deadlifts

physical therapist here- yeah, pelvic floor health. its a really common problem. dont start messing with salt and electrolytes yet. Once im generally above 87% 1RM things become an issue- there are lots of PT's that actually specialize in this.

Care to elaborate?

Surely--
I'm not enough into the physiology to look at the effectiveness of something like salt/electrolytes tabs or when/why they could have detrimental defects, but I have a few friends who after messing with electrolytes even during training days (say, NOT after cutting for a meet and then trying to supercompensate) have ended up with some pretty serious issues, one in the hospital even. Generally I think rather than using that kind of manipulation as a band-aid, get to the root of the issue, which is likely related to the pelvic floor. im certainly not an expert with that realm, but there are those who are.

LOL, this happens to me all the time during squats and leg presses, Flex and
I think it's pretty funny.

Have her A. pee before heavy lifts, even if she doesn't think she has to go
B. Kegel exercises (they actually have Kegel Balls you can buy to do this) C. Have her stop and start her pee stream a couple times during normal urination.

solid practical advice

I understand you're concerns about manipulation of ions-- electrolytes during different phases, such as one in competition mode. Yet, this discussion isn't talking about one prepping for a comp.

If we're pumping in large quantities of water along with excessive sweating; and excessive urination without sufficient Na intake, this can easily set the stage for hyponatremia-hypovolmic. Most hard training athletes will loose approximately 1,000mg of Na too upwards of 4,000mg. 3,000mg of Na is a far-cry from excessive over-manipulation.

Something else female's more than likely do not know; is durning different phases of their menstrual cycle---more particularly their luteal phase (12-16 days from the day of ovulation, or ovulation until menstruation) is when Na levels are much lower than any other phase.

I mentioned the use of iodized salt. This is a crucial nutrient not only for proper thyroid function. The use of iodine salt and has been associated with the reduced risk of breast cancer and fibrocystic breast disease. As well has been observed in some settings to reduce cyst mass in those with PCOS.

It would be of my opinion, that if I'm subjecting myself to the aforementioned, I would not hesitate to up my Na intake.

You'll notice, I was the first and only male to identify PFD... I'm working towards being a P.A. I have a fairly good understanding of this.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jan912
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws