Not open for further replies.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil
Staff member
Administrator
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
ONLY WARNING!

Anyone caught quoting a member in a thread and editing that post to say something else when replying, will receive a 3 day ban on their first offense...2nd offense is perm ban.

It's pathetic and holds no weight in any discussion or debate.

This has been a nothing since the inception of these forums...Same nonsense that was used in the early 90s for email replies. We have never had to address it here because this site was always the top tier in the industry. Now we are seeing a couple of weak members using this tactic to sway discussions in their favor, hoping others do not see the editing done in their replies.

The main function of this forum is to the advanced bodybuilder...Just because most all other forums are now dead doesn't mean we're going to let a few pathetics pull their shit here!

Again, you've been warned!

For anyone confused with what I'm talking about...I quoted my above post and edited it below:

ONLY WARNING!

You guys are starting to piss me off with your baby-ass bullshit...My stepsons are grown men now and I'm not here to pacify emotional whiny-asses

The main function of this forum is to the advanced bodybuilder...Just because most all other forums are now dead doesn't mean we're going to let a few pathetics pull their shit here!

Again, you've been warned!

That is what I'm talking about AND that is what we will not tolerate on ProfessionalMuscle!

Some people would quote a person and change what was quoted to a humorous post and I see nothing wrong with that, but changing someone's post in a quote to something that may be deemed pure trolling or demeaning I can see that. Staff should take discretion as to what was the intention of the change and if it was mean to discredit or demean yes the ban's warranted.

If it's to clarify a post or to reply to that user yes by all means quote but not change it.

Some people would quote a person and change what was quoted to a humorous post and I see nothing wrong with that, but changing someone's post in a quote to something that may be deemed pure trolling or demeaning I can see that. Staff should take discretion as to what was the intention of the change and if it was mean to discredit or demean yes the ban's warranted.

If it's to clarify a post or to reply to that user yes by all means quote but not change it.
Discretion shouldn't be needed the same as it hasn't been needed the entire time this board has been around until now...The Staff doesn't have to intervene or get reports of post quoting being manipulated when guys are doing it for fun with each other. And those have always been left alone and the members catch these and join in on the laugh.

This thread is directed at those using the tactic in arguments/debates to sway the discussion one way or the other.

Discretion shouldn't be needed the same as it hasn't been needed the entire time this board has been around until now...The Staff doesn't have to intervene or get reports of post quoting being manipulated when guys are doing it for fun with each other. And those have always been left alone and the members catch these and join in on the laugh.

This thread is directed at those using the tactic in arguments/debates to sway the discussion one way or the other.
Has @alfresco updated you on what actually happened?

Has @alfresco updated you on what actually happened?
Briefly, not enough for me to pay attention to which members have been involved in it lately...but there was another thread regarding the same thing a short time back and I figured it was time to throw my ha'pennies out there and be done with it all together.

Briefly, not enough for me to pay attention to which members have been involved in it lately...but there was another thread regarding the same thing a short time back and I figured it was time to throw my ha'pennies out there and be done with it all together.
Ok. To avoid any misunderstandings or disparagement of my character I have attached the screenshots below.

The post that appeared to have been edited by the person who replied (me) was not. The reply was just made quickly and the poster of the original comment (biggerp) edited his comment to avoid being insulting.

(Non)issue has been squashed. I’m not sure why my word wasn’t good enough initially but I am ready to move on now that everything is in the open and my reputation is clear to anyone who may have been mistakenly informed that I had done this.

Here’s the post for anyone curious

Just for clarification. I am assuming just quoting part of a post is not considered changing the post for arguments sake. As partial quotes can show what is actually being replied to.

Just for clarification. I am assuming just quoting part of a post is not considered changing the post for arguments sake. As partial quotes can show what is actually being replied to.
Yeah man just don’t change other peoples words to misrepresent what they’re saying.

You can quote the post, just don’t edit it. Part of it is fine with no words being changed.

If you need to change peoples words in order to “win” a debate - you’re too stupid to be debating and your opinion / point is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear