advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"WEIGHTLIFTERS SHOULDER" anyone ever had this???

powertop20

Newbies
other known as distal clavical ostoylsis. my shoulder bothers me alot when i do flat benchpress movments or regular military press. has anyone goten the surgery to fix this? and results? thanks.

My shit cracks and sounds like it needs some good oil motor oil seems rusty !

Hate it its annoying and fucks up form makes it feel like theres more strain in the messed up shoulder

Yup, had the surgery to get rid of the bone protruding from the top of my shoulder where it connects to the clavicle bone. Now there is a big scar. Recovery was not bad, but it did take time. But they did repair rotator cuff during that surgery. If they just take the bone out with no tendon repair, it will be a fast recovery. And now I have a bone sticking out of my other shoulder. Taking igf and ghrp/h combo to help and to prolong the surgery again.

Although its a different pain doing decline bench the last year or so has my shoulders feeling fine.....dunno if that would help this _situation or nay.......

ya iv been doing incline bench for awhile . been dealing with it since march. but ya the doc said 6-8 weeks and ill be gtg. its only the bone for me none of the tendons or muscles r fucked up thank god. but it hinders my abilty i feel to train as hard as i can. cant really do flat bench or close grip because it bothers it to much. alredy on hgh. so hopfully that will help with the healing process.

I have a feeling I might have this condition. Whatever it is bothering my shoulders has definitely hindered my pressing movements.

Where exactly does the pain occur with this? I typically get it in the area the clavicle meets the delt and it gets worse the heavier I go on the pressing movements. Flat bench is definitely the worst exercise in terms of aggravating it, but incline and sometimes military does it too. I can usually get away with strict flys and hammer strength presses without any pain, but pretty much any bb press is gonna make it worse. Also, the symptoms kinda come and go, sometimes it'll bother me for months on end then go away for several months. It always flairs up towards the end of a cycle, due to the heavier poundages I'm hitting.

Had the surgery

"distal clavicle resection"
took about 6 weeks of recovery time, which could be sped up I'm sure. The other option is to stop lifting weights that cause pressure in the area for 6 months and the problem 'MIGHT' go away. You need an x-ray done properly to see if you have the problem, which is for all intents and purposes a "bone spur".

I had similar pain you describe...but since I stopped flat bench (inclines only) and started to use much lighter weights on shoulder presses-which I rarely do-the pain has subsided.

anyone know if this would take longer to heal done with an open incision instead of ortho?? my doctor said i can return to lifting heavy etc etc 8weeks after surgery but he wants to do it with an open insision.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131