advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Well, its about time, eh?... (Randy's/homonunculus' pics)

I think I could give you a more accurate evaluation if you were to post a front double bicep picture. I agree with Dave that it's hard to evaluate someone who is in such great condition. If I were you, I'd ask the judges at your next contest what you could do to place better or even win the show. Since I have judged a contest in the past, I guess I'll give it a shot, especially since you took so much time to write out your post. First off, your conditioning is world class so there is nothing I can help you with there. You may have mentioned this in your post, but I really think you would be well served to take at least a year off to put on some quality size. If you can put on mass while keeping your waist the same size, I think the sky's the limit for you. I'm curious about something. Do you use insulin and or gh? Please answer only if you feel comfortable doing so.

Thanks Queefer

Queefer said:
I think I could give you a more accurate evaluation if you were to post a front double bicep picture. I agree with Dave that it's hard to evaluate someone who is in such great condition. If I were you, I'd ask the judges at your next contest what you could do to place better or even win the show. Since I have judged a contest in the past, I guess I'll give it a shot, especially since you took so much time to write out your post. First off, your conditioning is world class so there is nothing I can help you with there. You may have mentioned this in your post, but I really think you would be well served to take at least a year off to put on some quality size. If you can put on mass while keeping your waist the same size, I think the sky's the limit for you. I'm curious about something. Do you use insulin and or gh? Please answer only if you feel comfortable doing so.

Thanks for the compliments, Queefer. I've generally taken about 1 year between shows (for the last 5-6yr). My next is in about 14 weeks, which is only 9 - 10 mo. from the last, mainly b/c it is during the summer when I will have time to focus on the show. My last show I actually did primarily b/c I know what kind of a rebound I get after a show, and I find its a great way to bump me up another level. Unfortunately, I got nasty sick after this last one, so I didn't reap the benefits...

Here's a front double bi. A bit scratchy like the rest (too far from the camera), and I don't think I totally hit the pose - I was pressing the timer on the camera, running into place and trying to make sure my dog wasn't jumping on me during the pic. (You run and she chases... LOL).

At my last show, I did ask a judge for a input, and she only told me that I need to do more shows in the area so the judges would recognize my face. Everything else looked great. (I asked her if she could recommend a good cosmetologist, since facial appearance is so important... :rolleyes: ). It was pretty interesting. I had very positive comments all day from people I didn't know, including judges, who went out of their way to compliment me. About 6 of the other Lt. Hvy's told me it was between me and the guy who eventually won. When they put in in 4th in the lt. heavies, the crowd initially thought it was a mistake (the MC had been doing that all night) - silence as the trophy guy brought it across the stage - and when he gave me the trophy, the obscenties started to fly. The trophy guy even whispered, "I saw that comin'..." I got the scorecard later and the judges had me in places ranging from 1st to 7th, I think. I got the video of the night show (no prejudging available), and during the posedown, the camera man immediately closed in on me, then zoomed back as the guy who won the class came from the opposite side of the stage to pose next to me... Pretty funny - it was almost like the tape had been shot just for me!!!

Thanks for your input Queefer. I definitely appreciate it.

-Randy

Attachments

• porky2001e.jpg
    porky2001e.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:
thats some interesting points you make man, you sound like a philosopher :). but i agree with all of it.

LOL

Daveb_19 said:
thats some interesting points you make man, you sound like a philosopher :). but i agree with all of it.

I guess if a philosopher is someone who occasionally gets long-winded, than that's me, man. LOL.

-R

WELL, RANDY IS A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE. i have not been able to get to the boards in a while so this is the first i have seen of the photos. as for randy getting screwed in the last contest...not only was he screwed but, pushed out the door without cab fare.lol he had second wrapped up and first was not out of the question...this year will be different.
if you ever wonder why you may not be making progress, then you need to witness his workouts and eating routine. his workouts are always intense and very few could really keep up with him. he has incredible stamina and strength. as for the eating...i truly do not know where he puts it all. he eats like clock work and NEVER misses a meal. he drinks high calorie drinks while working out and afterwards downs even more protein. i personally have a hard time with that. the eating has always been a problem for me but, i am getting better with it as i get older. but, as for randy, he is extremely dedicated and has tremendous tunnel vision. that is what it takes. i wish that i had his drive. but, this sport is truly a mental game and the strongest will prevail. that is why he will go far....

LAts said it

I know what you are saying lats! I train pretty intense too, and people wonder why they do not see results....I do NOT look forward to my workouts, because I know how much pain I am gonna put myself through. But I like it in a musclehead masochisitc way...

Hey bro,

whats your next show ,and are you planning on coming in as a heavy or lightheavy...

Best of luck this year...

chris

LATS!...

I see you must have received the blank check I sent you!!! LOL

Seriously, those compliments are seriously overwhelming. Thanks, man. Wow. I've got the "Rocky" thing going (after the movie, you want to be a boxer) - like I need to go make a super shake and do some squats!!! :D (BTW, you forgot to mention how awesome my genetics are, eh?... LOL.)

I seriously would suggest to anyone to try to drink some kcal during your workout. I've found that I'll prob. puke if I train w/in an hour of a big meal, but if I start eating (drinking actually) at the start of the workout, I'm OK, although a little bloated. I've got a pretty solid stomach, but not impervious to vomiting during or after a workout. (Drinking coffee is a sure fire way - I once had a workout where I must of puked a dozen times between sets - the guy at the front desk must have thought I was out of my mind, running outside into 40? weather with shorts and a tanktop to dry heave on the grass... LOL.)

Here's why:

Say you train at noon. This means last meal is prob. a small one at 10AM or so and, after training, maybe showering, etc. you don't get to eat until 1:30 or so, which if you're like most people (no appetite after training - except when dieting of course), you'll have a pretty small meal then.

My option: eat at 10AM, drink shake (see below) during workout and then eat again w/in 1 - 1.5 hr after the workout.

The shake I've worked up to (this is obviously for gaining mass LOL) is:
1XXL Extreme (1100kcal, 50 g protein)) or maybe a Carbo force plus a Mass Recovery and 20 g whey protein (about 1000 kcal total - All ABB products, except the protein).
Two MRP's (600 kcal, 90g protein)
5 g creatine
METAMUCIL - the shits WILL happen without this. The orange is kinda good...
Toss in some Glutamine (10g or so), just b/c I got some free with an order a while back.

Total:
1700 kcal
~140g protein

Naturally, most would have to work up to this kind of thing.

The reasons I do this are:
1.) restores glycogen optimally - between sets much faster when you're hyperglycemic
2.) Better than eating directly afterwards - no lag time for gastric emptying, so the benefits of the post-workout meal are there.
3.) Makes you hyperinsulinemic *during the workout*: inhibition of proteolysis between sets
4.) Saves time: meal AND a workout at the same time.

This will likely prevent the growth hormone release you get from wt. training, but I say screw that. If I want a GH spike, I'll just take a nap.

CHRIS,

Thanks for askin'! next show is mid July. I would like to have waited longer before my next show (us. like at least a year in between), but this was the best time for me to prep. this year.
I'm guessing I'll probably come in around 200lb. I've been going up 5 lb (contest weight) every year for several years now and 200lb would be where I would expect given that and that I'm about 222 right now, maybe around 8-9% BF.

I'm not really concerned with wt. class too much. I think I'm too tall to be a LHVY so I need to move up, and I think if I tried to make sure I made the light-heavies, I'd end up losing too much size (and not be better than last year, either). This show, I plan on coming in shredded as all hell, with much better posing, a little more muscle mass in the right places, and this time the judges will have "seen my face," so maybe I'll place better.

To be perfectly honest the compliments I get here, like the ones LATS just gave and the ones I get from spectators and other competitors are a hell of a lot more important to me than any placing the judges might give me.

-Randy

hey bro,
you look great.
can you let us know how you drop your water in the last week

also what gear to you run precontest?
you can pm or email me if you like

TO ALL MEMBERS... randy gave you his workout drink. do not be offended by its cat puke like color or aweful taste lol. it looks nasty but works. and do not forget the metamucil....it keeps him regular.
as for your genetics....i wish you guys could have seen him in high school lol i never would have thought the transformation that took place ever could. i believe that the genetic excuse kills more hopes than anything. it gives many the excuse not to train hard for "it wont matter anyway". you never know what your genetics are until you DO EVERYTHING RIGHT YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT!! youd be surprised what your genetics are or could be.
as for the puking thing...once i dry heave i am like a little girl. i will whine and then go home. but, that the dedication that i was talking about....

damn, you are very dedicated! nice to see someone busting there ass and having something to show for it! this is off the subject, but i was watching the battle for the olympia 2002 and saw flex wheeler's segment! with his genetics he could be mr. o in a heartbeat! his training was so damn boring i couldnt stand to watch another second of it after 2 minutes into it! he doesn't go anywhere close to fatigue, i dont know, he's just boring! id rather see an old fat couple screw!point is, work hard no matter what your physical capabilities are! nice work man, looking good! check your pm's bro!

TH

It does look a little like cat puke... LOL

I've actually told people that it was pepto b., before - then they really think I'm off my rocker. Other fun one is if a small woman happens to ask. When I say its got 1700 kcal, which is about what she eats in an entire day, the reactions are entertaining.

No shit (pun intended) r.e. the metamucil - a neccessity unless you like feeling like you have a volcano in your ass all day long... LOL

Genetics are a funny thing, man. There sure are some freaks out there, like Flex. TrulyHuge, I know what you mean r.e. Flex's performance during the BFO's. I just fast-forward through him. He does to a pretty tough set of stiff-legged deadlifts on a smith machine in one of the videos, though.

The thing I always tell people is that the key ingredient is really TIME. Gain 4-5 lb of muscle a year for 10 years and you've created a pretty decent physique. You have to enjoy the journey for this to happen, though. Training is the fun part, IMHO. You get to test yourself, see your progress strengthwise, get a pump and see your progress physique-wise. ITs the other 23 hr of the day that are the tough ones...

-R

P.S. BIGKIWI, if you are reading this, I'd love to hear of your puking stories, new and old, like the one that got you kicked out of the gym!!! LOL

LATS said:
TO ALL MEMBERS... randy gave you his workout drink. do not be offended by its cat puke like color or aweful taste lol. it looks nasty but works. and do not forget the metamucil....it keeps him regular.
as for your genetics....i wish you guys could have seen him in high school lol i never would have thought the transformation that took place ever could. i believe that the genetic excuse kills more hopes than anything. it gives many the excuse not to train hard for "it wont matter anyway". you never know what your genetics are until you DO EVERYTHING RIGHT YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT!! youd be surprised what your genetics are or could be.
as for the puking thing...once i dry heave i am like a little girl. i will whine and then go home. but, that the dedication that i was talking about....

Humonculous......Awesome!

Looking hard as hell.....terrific ham shreds! If you are not naturally lean <as I am not> then you are quite a man. I know you know what suffering is......Too get that lean means sacrifice. To many people talk about how they are 8-10% and want to get down to 5% or below like it's no big deal. It damb near kills me to do this, so when I see it tossed around on the boards it peeves me off! hahaha......Anyway....you have it!! I am one of those dipshits who does the cardio.....I got an achilles tendon problem this time while dieting and I tried to eat less....man, I just got smaller. I would love to not do the cardio and achieve the condition I have previously while doing it 2x a day. You look great. I am excited about your condition and the things you've obviously thought about while achieving it! :cool:

Jethro

Thanks, my man. Much appreciated.

As you definitely know, when it really gets down to it, its all about how much suffering you're willing to endure. I've kind of grown into masochism with bodybuilding. Of course, I'm constantly surrounded by people who have no idea what I'm putting myself through when dieting, training, etc. In a strange way, I kind of dig it knowing that I'm kicking ass doing all my daily tasks etc., after getting up at 5AM to train and subsisting on no carbs for days on end, and no one has any idea what I'm up to. The challenge is a major rush in that way. Its almost uplifting to prove to yourself day in and day out that there is NOTHING you cannot conquer if your mind is strong.

Nope, I'm not naturally lean, but never really pudgy. (Well, a little in college, but I deserved it.)

The comments people make about their BF% are pretty interesting. Those numbers are thrown around all the time, when it actually it makes no damn difference, relatively speaking (at least from a BB'ing standpoint). There was a guy at my 1st show who was wandering around the weigh-in asking everyone what their bodyfat % was and telling them he was 5%. He took last place in his wt. class, I think.

Jethro, let's work on your diet, supp.'s, etc. and see if we can find a way to lean you out w/o feeling like a rodent on a wheel. (Some of what you might have been experiencing was just being flat, too.) I bet once you get over that damn pneumonia, something can be worked out. Start a thread, and I'm there!

-Randy

randy, pics are good and the mental approach i admire and i share it as well. you have more knowledge than me but i have your will, and when i learn more i plan on going places just like you will. i am glad we wont be in the same class at the july show. i will win my class so we are gonna have to battle it out in the overall. i hope i can learn from you along the way and hope to become a better bodybuilder as well.

Knowledge, schmoledge

BP,

You've got 99% of it taken care of. As long as you've got enough smarts (you DEFINITELY do), your will will carry you toward the knowledge, b/c you realize that's its necessary. If your will is strong, you can't lose!

Dude, the show is gonna be a good time, man. Wouldn't really matter to me if came in dead last - its not about that. (Well I might kinda wonder if I was dead last - LOL!!!) Its about the journey.

I just wish our promotor would hire some good pic people so we can get a shot of us clowning around in the posedown!!! LOL.

-Randy

damn

pics are awesome. i dont think i've ever seen someone so damn ripped. great job.

oh, i do have more negitive comment tho, i think you might need some plastic surgury on your nose, it's looking a lil big, kinda like porky pig hehe. other then that, again great job.

JW

Re: damn

JustWannaBeHuge said:
pics are awesome. i dont think i've ever seen someone so damn ripped. great job.

oh, i do have more negitive comment tho, i think you might need some plastic surgury on your nose, it's looking a lil big, kinda like porky pig hehe. other then that, again great job.

JW

Thanks, man. I appreciate it, most definitely.

Funny you mention my face ( 8^) ) - I asked a judge after my last show what I needed to work on to place higher. (I was 4th in LHW - same conditioning, but heavier.) She told me I need to do more shows in the area so the judges know my face. I'll be hiring a cosmetologist as my guru for my next show!!! :rolleyes:

-Randy

forgot to ask, on average when you get that shredded, how long do you stay that way before it gets to be to much on ya mentally and physically?
just curious

JW

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner