over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wesley Vissers

svenrpb

Registered
Newbies
Just watched this new vid, really wonder if he can crack the top 5 this year at the O. Great physique in my opinion and fun guy to follow.

What is also interesting(and he explains a bit in this vid) is that he used to train everything to failure. He stepped away from that and noticed better gains with keeping around 1 RIR and upping the volume. Also a lot less risk to pick up an injury.

Seems chilled and has a good balanced attitude to his life and priorities

Training to failure straight up doesn't work in the long haul... training that way only ever made me smaller, weaker, and more injured.

Vissers is FANTASTIC! A standout to me in the Classic Div.

Training to failure straight up doesn't work in the long haul... training that way only ever made me smaller, weaker, and more injured.

Vissers is FANTASTIC! A standout to me in the Classic Div.
For sure it does work up to a certain point. The last rep most of the time gets ugly as fuck and the risk of injury increases a lot, so simply not worth it.
Stan Efferding also preaches staying away 1-2 reps from failure because of this.

And yes, he doesn´t get rewarded enough yet. His hamstrings/glutes need to catch up tho.

it is not possible to train to absolute failure if you do not have a training partner - if someone says failure in 99% of cases, it is 1-2 repetitions in reserve and that is quite ok - total failure is not completely necessary - anyway, how to evaluate total failure? after all, if you can't do full returns, you can do partial or dropset or both, or some intensifying method - there is no such thing as total failure.

Just watched this new vid, really wonder if he can crack the top 5 this year at the O. Great physique in my opinion and fun guy to follow.

What is also interesting(and he explains a bit in this vid) is that he used to train everything to failure. He stepped away from that and noticed better gains with keeping around 1 RIR and upping the volume. Also a lot less risk to pick up an injury.

This thing of 1-2-3-4- whatever RIR makes me go mad.

How are you so sure that you are really training with 1 RIR? For me doesn't make sense at all.

It's so easy to just train to failure. When you can't more the weight anymore you are done.

I have torn muscles off the bone a couple times so i would say i have gone to failure at least twice. My other working sets i took it to failure as close as i thought i could. But there is no way to guarantee of define failure in my opinion for most.

In some exercises it is easy to fail, bicep curls, lateral raises, rowing.

Condition has been a problem for him in the past but I don't understand why he is not in the top 3 of the Olympia.

This guy looks great. I hope he continues to improve and stay healthy. Very nice classic look.

I love his physique not sure why he doesn’t place higher. Maybe someone who better understands classic judging could explain it because he looks the definition of classic to me.

I have torn muscles off the bone a couple times so i would say i have gone to failure at least twice. My other working sets i took it to failure as close as i thought i could. But there is no way to guarantee of define failure in my opinion for most.
First reps or last reps?

I have torn muscles off the bone a couple times so i would say i have gone to failure at least twice.

your body failed

but your heart was still in the set 🙏

I don't know why this guy isn't placing any higher, he looks hell of alot better than ruff disesel and ramon dino in my opinion.

First reps or last reps?
Well it was the last rep. But i guess i quit actually as my form on that last rep was really bad reracking the weight. But all the muscles couldn't contract 1 more rep!

I always thought this dude has a fantastic physique. I could see him continuing to place high.

And going to failure to me is getting the last rep where you cannot safely get any more. If you are putting your well being in jeopardy for one more rep than thats just dumb. I would say I take every set to failure and don't see a point doing a couple reps and then just stoping.

I love his physique not sure why he doesn’t place higher. Maybe someone who better understands classic judging could explain it because he looks the definition of classic to me.
I’ve been asking the same question for several years now. I feel like he truly has a classic physique. Cbum and Dino are just small open bodybuilders at this point…

I’ve been asking the same question for several years now. I feel like he truly has a classic physique. Cbum and Dino are just small open bodybuilders at this point…
He will never win because of his wider waist, unless criteria changes.

I completely agree he DOES look like a classic bodybuilder, but classic physique isn’t truly judged that way. It’s open but with emphasis on structure.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131