advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What can help with stubborn weight loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearslide4

Newbies
I have to give a little/lots background info before I get into the question. About 4 years ago, at 120 lbs., I started gaining 1-2 lbs/week. After about 10 lbs. (I was eating clean), I visited 2 doctors who said that I was over-eating (I would have my husband tell them how I ate) then it was I wasn't getting aerobic exercise, which I did a lot of fast paced walking for 15-20 minute trips several times a day (that didn't count they said as I didn't walk with purpose). After about 4-5 months, I started gaining at 5 lbs/week and then finally, I was gaining weight at 10 lbs/week. After going from 120 lbs to 210 lbs. in less than 8 or 9 months, I was miserable. My legs had lots of new stretch marks that were welted and bruised. My knees, back, hips, and legs hurt constantly. It was the first time that I had ever had to face excessive obesity or obesity at all. I finally found a doc that would listen to me (at $350/visit). He did find that I was subclinical and had hypothroidism. I also am poisoned with tin, lead, antimony, cadmium, and mercury. I had developed type 2 diabetes and my endocrine system is way out of balance. To top it off, he found that I have 5 cytomegaloviruses, including Epstein-Barr (apparently I had mono at some point but don't know when). Furthermore, both feet have degenerative disease in a joint (now have titanium plates and screws) and have degenerative disease in the facet joints in my lumbar spine on both sides. I have lost about 35 lbs. but really want to get down to 105 lbs. from the 175 lbs where I am at now. I am 5'1" and 41 years old. I have had 1 child at 31.

The problem is that I can not seem to find the right eating strategy. Exercise is a challenge because I can not participate in any impact exercise due to my feet. Walking is challenged because I can not walk long distances or as fast as I used to (I am recovering from reconstructive surgery on my L foot). I am perimenopausal which is oh so joyful. I am taking 8mg of Testosterone BioIdentical creme/day, 1mg of Progesterone/day, .6ml of inj. hgH/day, ? of human chorionic gonadatrophin (chemical in urine that tells a pregnancy test that you are pregnant) for weight loss help, 115mcg Armour Thyroid (T3 & T4), ? Florinef (aldosterone), Cortef (hydrocortisone for Cortisol replacement), 150mg T4, Suboxone tid (chronic back pain), Cymbalta 120mg (depression/pain control), 20mg Lasix, Valcyte (anti-viral), UVB treatments on my blood once/week (to kill viruses, bacteria, etc at $150ea), supplements for detoxification, vitamins/minerals, peridontal disease (developed during diabetic phase), fish oils, and probably more but you can get the general idea that I'm on a slew of meds and supplements.

Is there anything I can add to help me with weight loss? I am exercising by lifting and have turned my weight lifting routine into one that is aerobically challenging. I exercise at least 5x/week and include floor exercises. I need to build my upper body and seriously tone my lower body besides shedding all of the horrendous fat. Also, I tend to bulk up my legs if I lift high with low reps for my lower body and can not seem to bulk up my puny looking upper body.

I find that this weight is very difficult to lose and have joined Jenny Craig, and have lost some but not much in the last year since I have been on it. Is there a better diet plan and what is it?

Lately, I crave sweets and have heard that there is a supplement that will stop sweet cravings. Is that true and what is it?

Lately, my appetite has really increased. What works for decreasing appetite? I can not drink a lot of water because my electrolytes are way off, so I have had to cut back and supplement to try to get the electrolytes where they should be.

I intend to drop the meds but the docs are warning me against doing so at the moment. Something has changed in my body because I gain weight all over now instead of just my lower body. It is really too weird.

I know this has been long and that you guys aren't doctors. I would appreciate some suggestions/tricks that you know of that I can use to help raise my metabolism, for example, put on more muscle faster, lower appetite and lessen sweet cravings, weight loss ideas, and anything else that you know of that perhaps can help. I can not think of anymore background info to share. I just feel that there is info that the docs have not shared with me. At this point, I have tried everything that I used to do that worked that now does not and feel a little lost and very bewildered. I need some help because I feel like I am chasing my tail.

Thanks to All
bearslide4

Bear,

You have a really complex issue that no one on this (or any other) board is qualified to advize yuo on.

Yuo need to work with a qualified endocrinologist, Ob-Gyn that specializes in complex hormone issues, and a psychiatrist that works specifically with psychopharmacology. These people shuold be working with yuo AND each other to co-ordinate yuor care, and juggle yuor meds.

The "tricks" that the unqualified people here may give yuo might work for people with normal metabolic processes, but when yuo throw in all the pharmacology, it all gets very unclear. If yuo just take a look at many of the posts here, yuo'll find a great deal of confusion among people, none of whom face the issues yuo do. Thus, they are in NO postion to help yuo as yuo need to be helped.

Not trying to be discouraging, but only trying to get yuo to follow the qualified help yuo need and deserve. Hope yuor situation improves, and best wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear