over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wondering

prostock

Registered
How many of you guys here can lift some respectfully heavy ass weights but dont look like they could ?

I bench 3 plates for reps, and have been over 500 on squat although I typically do drop sets now starting at 365 lbs.
But I'm a short guy (5'8") with a short range of motion.

Compared to others on this site, it's not a lot of weight, but I feel I don't look like someone who would be identifiable for doing that type of weight.

Sent from my LG-D850

I have the reverse gift lol. I look strong but am weak as fuck IMO. I thought that was a curse but had a few pros tell me that's ideal. if u don't have to lift heavy ass weight to grow then u don't have to risk injury. makes sense. I am much larger than I can lift. and I am ok with that
I am not a powerlifter so who cares:lightbulb:
-F2S

i just polished off a medium pizza all by myself:D

I look MUCH stronger than I am.

I guess I am stronger than I look, because people comment on it once in a while. I'm 6'2" and lean, but I can lift some weight.

I don't think its a good thing as I age, but lifting heavy is stuck in my head. Did Oly lifting for about 10 years, then PL, then when lower back and knees took a dive, started BBing and got lean for health.

I try to stay heavy and progressive....until it burns me out. Then volume...back and forth between the two.

I can lift heavy weights but i don't look like it.

When people say dam bro how much do you bench. I usually throw out a crazy number 450-500. They'll be like ya that's what's up. Respect.

I honestly throw on 2 quarters and superset it with flies and call it a day

I get asked if I bench what, 400, 425? And have trouble doing 275 lol

Best was 440 squats, 550 deads, and 345 bench, for 3 reps, but that was a few years back

Now my squats and deads are barely over 300

I run a 6:40ish mile :D

I knew a guy that was about 170 lbs at 5' 10" or so. He didn't lift very seriously but he could do about 12 reps with 315 lbs on the flat bench, I felt like that was impressive since he didn't lift real hard and looked like an average Joe, and was thin.

I look as weak as I am

I'm weaker than a 12 year old girl. I just want to look good without getting hurt like so many times in the past. I hurt my hamstring 3 days ago but here I am right now on the bike warming up to leg press on an air pressurized machine for geriatric folks. :D

When people say dam bro how much do you bench. I usually throw out a crazy number 450-500. They'll be like ya that's what's up. Respect.

I honestly throw on 2 quarters and superset it with flies and call it a day

Cito reps out pressing all the hot gym girls we have running around. It's all those 100Lb high reps that built his pecs. :D

I knew a guy that was about 170 lbs at 5' 10" or so. He didn't lift very seriously but he could do about 12 reps with 315 lbs on the flat bench, I felt like that was impressive since he didn't lift real hard and looked like an average Joe, and was thin.

Ha man these guys are out there, and fuck them!!!

Always been jealous of that and it still leaves me scratching my head of just HOW can they do that? what's so different about them.

I know, genetics, muscle fibers, levers blah blah but it still has a mystique to it to me

Ha man these guys are out there, and fuck them!!!

Always been jealous of that and it still leaves me scratching my head of just HOW can they do that? what's so different about them.

I know, genetics, muscle fibers, levers blah blah but it still has a mystique to it to me

Yeah, I don't know. Perhaps mostly fast twitch fibers. He was just as strong as me on bench but I looked 2x as strong. It was a bit frustrating to see him throw around the weight like that, and I outweighed him by a good 50 lbs or more.

I'm weaker than a 12 year old girl. I just want to look good without getting hurt like so many times in the past. I hurt my hamstring 3 days ago but here I am right now on the bike warming up to leg press on an air pressurized machine for geriatric folks. :D

I had to use a bunch of air pressurized resistance machines when I was traveling for work. There really wasn't a good gym nearby. The first things I thought was this has to be for geriatric folks. I can relate. And....I'm much weaker than I look. Joints can't take the heavy weight any more.

it's not about how much you can lift, it's about how much you look like you can lift

I got weaker as I got bigger. Seems like in HS at a light weight I could lift heaving weights for my weight. Now I weigh 100lbs more cant do what I did then.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311