over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pentosan polysulfate

Google&Pubmed

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Came across this peptide on Ergopep's website and I searched it on Pubmed and came across this:

Pentosan polysulfate sodium therapy for men with chronic pelvic pain syndrome: a multicenter, randomized, placebo controlled study.
Nickel JC, Forrest JB, Tomera K, Hernandez-Graulau J, Moon TD, Schaeffer AJ, Krieger JN, Zeitlin SI, Evans RJ, Lama DJ, Neal DE Jr, Sant GR.
Source
Department of Urology, Queens University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada. [email protected]
Abstract
PURPOSE:
We evaluated the efficacy and tolerability of pentosan polysulfate sodium (PPS) for the treatment of men with chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS), National Institutes of Health (NIH) category III.
MATERIALS AND METHODS:
In a 16-week double-blind study 100 men with a clinical diagnosis of CPPS were randomized to receive 300 mg PPS or placebo 3 times daily. Clinical Global Improvement (CGI) was the primary outcome measure. Additional outcome measures were the NIH-Chronic Prostatitis Symptom Index (CPSI), Subjective Global Assessment and Symptom Severity Index assessment tools.
RESULTS:
Significantly more patients receiving PPS experienced moderate to marked improvement based on CGI assessment (18 or 37% vs 8 or 18%, p = 0.04). However, mean CGI scores were not significantly different between the PPS group (1.0) and placebo groups (1.0 vs 0.6, p = 0.107). All NIH-CPSI domains suggested a positive effect for PPS and for total NIH-CPSI the difference approached statistical significance (-5.9 or 22% vs -3.2 or 12%, p = 0.068). The PPS group showed significantly greater improvement in NIH-CPSI quality of life domain scores than the placebo group (-2.0 or 22% vs -1.0 or 12%, p = 0.031). Of patients receiving PPS 67% and 80% of those receiving placebo completed the 16-week study. Diarrhea, nausea and headache were the most common adverse events.
CONCLUSIONS:
Pentosan polysulfate (900 mg daily) was more likely than placebo to provide relief for CPPS symptoms.

Thought you guys might find it interesting.

Time to initiation of pentosan polysulfate sodium treatment after interstitial cystitis diagnosis: effect on symptom improvement.
Nickel JC, Kaufman DM, Zhang HF, Wan GJ, Sand PK.
Source
Queen's University, Department of Urology, Kingston General Hospital, 76 Stuart Street, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L2V7. [email protected]
Abstract
OBJECTIVES:
Interstitial cystitis (IC) is a chronic, debilitating condition that is often associated with late diagnosis and a delay in initiation of appropriate IC-specific therapy. The purpose of this study was to determine whether the length of time from initial diagnosis to start of treatment impacts subsequent symptom improvement.
METHODS:
A retrospective analysis was conducted in 128 patients with IC who had been treated with pentosan polysulfate sodium (PPS) 300 mg/day for 32 weeks in a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group clinical trial. Outcome measures included the O'Leary-Sant Interstitial Cystitis Symptom Index (ICSI) and the O'Leary-Sant Interstitial Cystitis Problem Index (ICPI). Early treatment was defined as treatment initiation 6 months or less after IC diagnosis, whereas late treatment was defined as treatment initiation 24 months or more after IC diagnosis. Efficacy data were analyzed by using the intent-to-treat, last-observation-carried-forward population.
RESULTS:
At the end of the study, mean changes from baseline in total ICSI and ICPI scores (+/- SEM) for early treatment (6 months or less) versus late treatment (24 months or more) were 3.97 +/- 0.59 versus 2.15 +/- 0.70 (P = 0.0472) and 3.94 +/- 0.56 versus 1.77 +/- 0.63 (P = 0.0117), respectively. Similar trends for both measures were observed when examining other times from IC diagnosis (3 months or less versus 24 months or more, 3 months or less versus 36 months or more, and 6 months or less versus 36 months or more).
CONCLUSIONS:
Initiation of PPS treatment within 6 months of establishing the diagnosis of IC may be associated with greater improvement in patient symptoms and symptom bother.

I've used Pentosan polysulphate 3 cycles a year since 2005. Wouldn't train without it again. Great for joint health

People been using pentosan a while, I would love to see adequan as well.

I've used Pentosan polysulphate 3 cycles a year since 2005. Wouldn't train without it again. Great for joint health

Could you please provide us with more details about your experience with it. If so, then I would be grateful :)

I wonder if this stuff could help heal muscle/tendon injuries and if anyone has tried to use it for that?

Really good thread!
bass.jpg

Could you please provide us with more details about your experience with it. If so, then I would be grateful :)

I got word of this stuff years ago from some european lifters who had been turned on to it by Brian Batcheldor. The dosing on the vial in mg/kg for horses is what I've always followed and that amounts to almost exactly 4 doses per vial. It great! seems to help keep away tendinitis and and maintain healthy knee cartilage. When I started, i was having the above stated pelvic pain due to whats called oestits pubis/ gilmores groin. Helped in my recovery from that and I have had much healthier joints since. I dropped glucosamine chondroitin products and run this at least every 4 but as many as every 3 months now. its cheap and worth a shot. I would recommend to anyone who trains hard

I got word of this stuff years ago from some european lifters who had been turned on to it by Brian Batcheldor. The dosing on the vial in mg/kg for horses is what I've always followed and that amounts to almost exactly 4 doses per vial. It great! seems to help keep away tendinitis and and maintain healthy knee cartilage. When I started, i was having the above stated pelvic pain due to whats called oestits pubis/ gilmores groin. Helped in my recovery from that and I have had much healthier joints since. I dropped glucosamine chondroitin products and run this at least every 4 but as many as every 3 months now. its cheap and worth a shot. I would recommend to anyone who trains hard

I could use some help with my knees!!!! I'll have to do some more research!!

I just bought a vial of Pentosan.

Does anyone who has used it with success know much of a dose you are supposed to take and how often??

Anyone??

I have this stuff sitting on my shelf and can't take it lol.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws