over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Another Video - Hex Press

Shelby

IFBB PRO / Double Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
This is a great exercise for those that have trouble feeling their chest working on pressing movements.

It forces you to use pretty much only the chest, without the shoulders or triceps doing much work.

It's a great way to start a chest workout to initiate the mind-muscle connection, or just later in the workout as an additional exercise.

I picked this up from John Meadows, who I believe picked it up from Christian Thibadeau.

It's called a "hex press" because ideally it would be done with hexagonal dumbbells (so they press together easily) but as you can see in the video, you can make it work with standard dumbells as well.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS132UUxNig"]360CUT Starnes Hex Press - YouTube[/ame]

I will give it a try next workout. Keep giving us new videos as they are helpful and everyone loves them.

I've never seen that movement before, I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks Shelby

I been trying these out for the last couple of weeks and didn't realize until I've been doing them incorrectly until now, thank you. I just thought it was a variation of close grip db press, but the way you just did them and described them is entirely different. Elbows out and you db press inward instead of just up and down. Good stuff, thanks again.

One of my favorite chest moves... Picked it up from the Mountain Dog website

Thanks Shelby for the tip.are u suppose to feel anything on the tri's since its a closer grip? Or due too having palms face in like that would eliminate the tri's completely?

Thanks Shelby for the tip.are u suppose to feel anything on the tri's since its a closer grip? Or due too having palms face in like that would eliminate the tri's completely?

If you do it right there shouldn't be much tricep involvement at all.

Thanks again shelby

I like this exercise, Shelby recommended it to me a while back.

Nothing lights my chest up more than these. I do them every chest workout since I tried them after seeing John recommend them.

You can apply the concept to barbell as well, focus on squeezing/ pushing inwards to activate more tension in the pec

Gonna give this one a shot, thanks for posting it Shelby.

would the close grip bench press (video below) work pretty much the same way as far as results and stimulation goes?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-m5wkXJhPU]Close Grip Dumbbell Bench Press - YouTube[/ame]

would the close grip bench press (video below) work pretty much the same way as far as results and stimulation goes?

Close Grip Dumbbell Bench Press - YouTube

No, it wouldnt. The reason the hex presses work so well is because our are pressing them together and up at the same time. Remember, the function of the pecs is not just to press out, but also to bring the arm across the body. By doing the hex press you are hitting both of theses. Its especially great for hammering that inner split between the two pec muscles

Saw an incline version of that a little while ago recommended for upper chest development. Have yet to try it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebOots24nKA]How to get a BIGGER UPPER CHEST - The "Ultimate Chest Exercise" - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for posting shelby, i have always had a problem with my chest it is very much lagging behind. I will give these a go when i can :)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear