advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Velveting chicken or beef, seriously good!

jack of all

Registered
So I have been struggling with chicken breast. Just tired of eating it. So I love Chinese food and was wondering why their sliced chicken breast that is in chicken and broccoli is so tender and good. After a bit of research I discovered that they velvet their meat. It is a marinade and cooking process and it leaves sliced chicken or beef very tender and very good.

Whisk together 1 egg white, 2 teaspoons rice vinegar, 2 tbl corn starch, and some salt. Slice up a pound of chicken into 1/8" strips marinade for 30 min.

To cook boil some water and add the chicken, put heat to high and let the water come back up to a rolling boil stir to separate the pieces. It will only cook for a minute or two. Remove and drain.

Now you are ready to add the chicken to a stir fry or do whatever you want. You will need to season the chicken it needs some salt. My two favorites are chicken and broccoli and chicken, salsa, rice, and macadamia nut oil.

It takes a little effort but if you are tired of chicken like me this will add new life to chicken.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Great post. From time to time I get sick of eating the same old chicken dishes. Ive always wondered why the chicken and beef in chinese food was so tender. Thanks for the info. Im going to try this

Very nice, thanks for posting this.

Sounds good. So your saying the chicken only cooks for 2 min?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

OMFG. Thank you, I've been wondering how they do that for years!

Sounds good. So your saying the chicken only cooks for 2 min?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it is sliced into 1/8 inch thick strips so it is very thin. Basically as thin as you can slice it.

Just cooked up five pounds of chicken breast. If you season it after you cook it, it can't get any better. Tender as can be and great reheated.

One of my favorites is this chicken with rice salsa and mac nut oil.

This is a great way to cook it. It also works dredge it in cornstarch and flash fry it in a little olive or coconut oil. I have also noticed the quality of chicken varies greatly. The 2 1/2 and 3 lb bags of breasts you buy at the grocerie store and walmart are very rubbery and tough. I have had the best luck with Sams Club Members Mark natural chicken in the fresh meat section.

I have price choppers and all their chicken is tough and dry. I have actually found the best chicken is the cheap stuff at Walmart. No Name brand stuff. It is a shame because price chopper will have a sale for. 99 cents a pound but I still will not buy it.

Prepping your beef is really good also. You can buy cheaper leaner cuts like top round and make it very good.

I have price choppers and all their chicken is tough and dry. I have actually found the best chicken is the cheap stuff at Walmart. No Name brand stuff. It is a shame because price chopper will have a sale for. 99 cents a pound but I still will not buy it.

Prepping your beef is really good also. You can buy cheaper leaner cuts like top round and make it very good.

$.99 per pound? That's unheard of where I'm from... What general area are these stores?

Midwest. Everything here is about as cheap as it can be. Except fresh seafood:D

This is a fantastic way to prepare it. It also performs dredge it in corn starch and display fry it in a little olive or grape oil. I have also observed the excellent of poultry will vary. The 2 1/2 and 3 lb purses of boobies you buy at the grocerie shop and wal-mart are very rubbery and challenging. I have had the best fortune with Sams Team Associates Level organic poultry in the clean various meats area.

This is a great way to cook it. It also works dredge it in cornstarch and flash fry it in a little olive or coconut oil. I have also noticed the quality of chicken varies greatly. The 2 1/2 and 3 lb bags of breasts you buy at the grocerie store and walmart are very rubbery and tough. I have had the best luck with Sams Club Members Mark natural chicken in the fresh meat section.

i was about to say the same thing. that 3lb bag is always rubberery no matter how i cook it.

thanks for the headsup on the chicken trick though

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity