over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bags of frozen chicken breasts

aragorn1500

Registered
For those of you who buy these, I'd like to ask a question:

They have a ton of sodium-not that sodium is bad, it's just too much- 750mg per serving-that's one breast.

Would washing the breasts before cooking rinse away any sodium? After I fillet the breasts I rinse them under water and them grill them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

For those of you who buy these, I'd like to ask a question:

They have a ton of sodium-not that sodium is bad, it's just too much- 750mg per serving-that's one breast.

Would washing the breasts before cooking rinse away any sodium? After I fillet the breasts I rinse them under water and them grill them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Good question...I buy these too.

Rinsing would work,or even soak them in the fridge in some ice water for 10 minutes. Ya gotta remember that salt is a natural preservative and it's cheap so that's why the food industry goes a little overboard with it.

I buy the pre-seasoned line/chipotle ones... you wanna talk about sodium overload? Catch me eating those while on a cycle and I look like the michelin man LOL

i soak em--in boilin water---hee hee!
but seriously, i drop them in a heavy boil for bout two minutes. then either put em on the grill or in the oven.
i cook the whole bag cause im lazy and it makes it easy and fast to eat well.

read the bag

on the back of the bag, it talks about rinsing them in water. to get the Ice glaze off of the breasts. i think that is a very important thing on that...

really helps the flavor as well..

My g/f buys these also....she soaks thm in hot water for about 30-40 minutes then washes them with cold water before cooking...

I know some of yall say "your putting it directly in the water"....lol
but I have city water with a full reverse osmosis sytem....I paid $5000 for it because I ran new pipes and fixtures and the company came set it up and did multiple tests on the water until everything was flushed and cleaned now I can produce my own bottled water at home...Plus have you ever seen clear ice cubes....try putting bottled water in your ice tray and see how clear it becomes....the white part in the ice is the contaminants...its overkill but it works

I thought most of the sodium came from the breast being injected with it prior to freezing???

My g/f buys these also....she soaks thm in hot water for about 30-40 minutes then washes them with cold water before cooking...

I know some of yall say "your putting it directly in the water"....lol
but I have city water with a full reverse osmosis sytem....I paid $5000 for it because I ran new pipes and fixtures and the company came set it up and did multiple tests on the water until everything was flushed and cleaned now I can produce my own bottled water at home...Plus have you ever seen clear ice cubes....try putting bottled water in your ice tray and see how clear it becomes....the white part in the ice is the contaminants...its overkill but it works
if the white is contaminants than why are they not present when i use the same water--only hot, to fill an ice tray---aslo have clear ice from hot water!!

I used to work for a chicken company, the main reason most chicken is injected is to add weight so they can charge you more for less product. All meat at wal-mart is injected including their beef. I always buy Sanderson Farms chicken its about the only one that is real chicken. Tyson injects fresh and frozen, its all frozen anyway just packaged diferently.

Are there any major stores that carry Sanderson Farms chicken??

I would imagine that it is more expensive.

Thanks.

Hwo come you guys buy frozen..?? cheaper ?? wouldnt it be better to buy fresh and then freeze it yourself ???

Thanks, I'll give them a shot. I usually overlook Perdue because they cost more.

I realize this is an older post but I can usually get fresh breasts from the meat counter for $2.98 a pound on sale $1.88. I dont like to freeze them but I eat 2 lbs a day so I will just buy 10 to 15 lbs a week, trim and eat usualy with 4 eggs per lb. mmmmmmmm Im getting hungry..............

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member