over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Start up trouble

Amazon Doll

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
My friend is visiting and her aptop with Vista as an operating system will not start up properly.

It was initially telling her that it couldn't start properly due to a device being unplugged. The only device she was using were earphones but she had not been plugging them in or unplugging them. The screen that came up said she had 2 choices:
- start up normally
- do a repair before starting up

Neither of them worked

There was an option to press F2 which brought up the "InsydeH2O Setup Utility"

I have to navigate with the arrows.

I can't get to the very bottom of the screen with the F1 thru F12 options, but I can scroll across the line with the menus that has "Main, Advanced, Display, Security, Boot & Exit"

Here is what the "exit" screen is showing me. It looks like I could possible do something here to fix the problem, but I am not sure......any ideas?

Attachments

• computer screen.jpg
    computer screen.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
PRess exit and restart the computer

While the computer is restart, press f8 til you get a selection menu

select last known good configuration from the advance options window.

This probably happened after a Microsoft update.. Happen to two of my co workers.

PRess exit and restart the computer

While the computer is restart, press f8 til you get a selection menu

select last known good configuration from the advance options window.

Thanks!

But I still have a question..........

The only way to re-start the computer is holding down the power button.
Is this ok or is there another way to re-start the computer?

if your at the screen the picture just hit esc or exit without saving.
If nothing above works just hold the power button to power off/on

I tried hat you said 2x and i keep getting the following:

windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your commputer.

This error could be caused by a faulty hard drive or CD ROM drive...bla bla bla

Any ideas what do do next?

She may have to re-install windows or repair it... I purchased a windows repair disk on ebay for about $7... Once you get the disk you have to change your boot order in BIOS to boot whatever is in the disk drive first, it then repairs everything for you... I'll find a link and post it for you... The other option is to clear the hard drive, but then she'll lose all of her files... Repairing windows will allow her to keep them...

**broken link removed**

There, look through his store and find your operating system, he's also pretty knowledgeable and will be able to answer your questions and may be able to help you fix it without his disk... Oh and keep in mind that he's in the UK, so delivery is about two weeks... For your DVD's... :D

Last edited:
Well if you have the vista software CD and do not care about loosing anything then I would just pop in the CD, boot up your computer and the bios should be set to boot from CD rom. THen just run through the steps to reload the computer. I don't think repairing it will work but worth a try.

Surprised no IT guys have chimed in yet.

Hey guy's thanks!

She bought the computer without any disks. Most people do not know to check and see if that is why they are getting such a good price on the laptop they are buying.

Design......I think you just answered my question about where to buy the disk she needs to get windows re-installed. :headbang:

She dosn't have any saved files, she just used the computer to talk to friends on facebook... :p

How would I clear the hard drive since there is nothing important saved or would you need all the application disks to run the computer?

Last edited:
why bother with vista at all

Hi if you want to fix it and spend no money deep six vista altogether its a kludge of an os anyway.go to my digital life (google it) download windows 7 ultimate, check its hash to make sure its original untouched ,google the hash it will tell you if its clean or not .Stuff from mdl almost always is.Now dl the windows loader by daz 1.97 also at mdl follow the instructions its very easy usually one button to press and you will have a new activated copy of windows 7 that you can update at ms like the real deal for free.

ps when installing windows 7 you get the option to format your drive and partition it as you please. good luck.

hey, i own a computer repair business, and this last week we have have had a few systems in with this issue. it has something to do with the update not taking all the way causing some boot issues. will it boot into safe mode? (right after you turn it on start pressing F8 even if it beeps at you) then when a selection comes up choose "Safe mode"....boot into safe mode and then shut it down using the normal shut down. this has saved a few of my techs from having to reinstall the os.

also it has a restore partition on the hard drive if it didn't come with cd's. odds are when the lcd first turns on it will say something like "F2 to enter restore options".....let me know....also if you want windows 7 i have lots of licenses i usually get $100 but for a PM member $50? (yes these are legit keys not a hacked version of windows)

not tryin to sell you anything just trying to help....:headbang:

Before doing anything else, lets make sure your hardware is working correctly, download yourself a copy of hitachi drive fitness test, and burn it to CD, then boot it up, and run the advanced test... then get a copy of memtest86 and do the same, this will test your memory and harddrive, if those are both good, then we can move on... as for needing a windows 7 key, ill give you as many as you need, all legit keys.. im not sure why anyone would charge a fellow bber for something like this...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
old timer2
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131