over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fed up with doctors/insurance companies

SemiIntense

Registered
I'm 35 and have seemingly had depression my whole life, I also seem bi-polar and very anxious IMO. I'm low income so my doctor options have always been very limited to whatever I was provided with and to be honest, after about 20 years of dealing with MD's, I've just exhausted..... It's been rare that I get a doctor that talks to me for more than 5 minutes, I can occasionally see a psych. or therapist but I get about 8 sessions on average before they basically just give up on the situation (I don't so much blame them as much as I do the insurance). I had labs and various tests done when I was younger but all I got was "everything looks normal" and a script for some new anti-depressant, I wish I would have been smart enough to ask for copies of my lab results back then so I could look them over myself or ask someone knowledgeable to look them over.

I can't afford a decent insurance and definitely can't afford the fees of an anti-aging clinic, I qualify for medicaid due to my low income level but I have to jump through so many hoops just to keep it active and occasionally it gets cut-off depending on my income, which means I suddenly have to stop certain very addictive medications cold-turkey.

I feel like shit. I have zero motivation to do much of anything, very pessimistic, very lethargic, no libido, mind is always very foggy/can't seem to focus on anything, I feel like my gym progress has not only halted but actually gotten worse, my strength has really bombed and my metabolism is just plain sad.... the most disturbing thing is other people notice it. I can't tell you how often I have people at work ask me "are you ok? you look so tired" or "whats wrong, you look like you haven't slept in days"...... which hurts to hear but I'd rather hear the truth

I'm thinking of just getting my own labs done and self-medicating, I mean over a decade of dealing with doctors has gotten me nowhere, not even a conversation about how I'm feeling or anything, just "here, try this zoloft, come back in 6 months and we'll see how you're feeling".

Sorry, I'm sure there are great doctors out there, I just haven't had the fortune of coming across one.

I clearly have depression and some mental health issues, and some anti-depressants have helped a TINY bit, but so tiny that I often wonder if it was even worth taking something with such harsh withdrawals for such a minuscule reward. I have a sneaky suspicion that there's more to the picture, perhaps my test is really low in the normal range (or e2 out of whack) and/or my thyroid is low. I'm going to try to get my own lab work done, aside from the obvious test/thyroid, is there anything else I should keep an eye on based on my symptoms?

I'm scared, but also desperate, I'm nearly reaching the mid-point, god permitting, of my life and it's been nothing but suffering, i feel if I keep relying on doctors the past will just repeat itself. I see the same guys at my doc appointments, in their 60's and 70's, all falling apart, never making any progress.... I don't want that to be me.

Some days I wonder if just going on a good mid-range dose of test, maybe some t3 if it's low and some racetam/nootropics would do me better than all these SSRI's they keep shoving down my throat.

Last edited:
Get a urinary catecholamine test and find out which chemicals you are missing.
Uptake inhibitors assume that you are making them, but if your not, all the MD drugs in the world wont fix it, they are just uptake inhibitors, , ,

By the way, the precursor to all the happy chemicals is MTHF (a special folic acid). You could get them to run that test, or just take it to find out.

FolaPro by Metagenics, or 5-MTHF by Thorne Research at 2000 ug.

Some studies quote a 90% cure rate.

I'm 35 and have seemingly had depression my whole life, I also seem bi-polar and very anxious IMO. I'm low income so my doctor options have always been very limited to whatever I was provided with and to be honest, after about 20 years of dealing with MD's, I've just exhausted..... It's been rare that I get a doctor that talks to me for more than 5 minutes, I can occasionally see a psych. or therapist but I get about 8 sessions on average before they basically just give up on the situation (I don't so much blame them as much as I do the insurance). I had labs and various tests done when I was younger but all I got was "everything looks normal" and a script for some new anti-depressant, I wish I would have been smart enough to ask for copies of my lab results back then so I could look them over myself or ask someone knowledgeable to look them over.

I can't afford a decent insurance and definitely can't afford the fees of an anti-aging clinic, I qualify for medicaid due to my low income level but I have to jump through so many hoops just to keep it active and occasionally it gets cut-off depending on my income, which means I suddenly have to stop certain very addictive medications cold-turkey.

I feel like shit. I have zero motivation to do much of anything, very pessimistic, very lethargic, no libido, mind is always very foggy/can't seem to focus on anything, I feel like my gym progress has not only halted but actually gotten worse, my strength has really bombed and my metabolism is just plain sad.... the most disturbing thing is other people notice it. I can't tell you how often I have people at work ask me "are you ok? you look so tired" or "whats wrong, you look like you haven't slept in days"...... which hurts to hear but I'd rather hear the truth

I'm thinking of just getting my own labs done and self-medicating, I mean over a decade of dealing with doctors has gotten me nowhere, not even a conversation about how I'm feeling or anything, just "here, try this zoloft, come back in 6 months and we'll see how you're feeling".

Sorry, I'm sure there are great doctors out there, I just haven't had the fortune of coming across one.

I clearly have depression and some mental health issues, and some anti-depressants have helped a TINY bit, but so tiny that I often wonder if it was even worth taking something with such harsh withdrawals for such a minuscule reward. I have a sneaky suspicion that there's more to the picture, perhaps my test is really low in the normal range (or e2 out of whack) and/or my thyroid is low. I'm going to try to get my own lab work done, aside from the obvious test/thyroid, is there anything else I should keep an eye on based on my symptoms?

I'm scared, but also desperate, I'm nearly reaching the mid-point, god permitting, of my life and it's been nothing but suffering, i feel if I keep relying on doctors the past will just repeat itself. I see the same guys at my doc appointments, in their 60's and 70's, all falling apart, never making any progress.... I don't want that to be me.

Some days I wonder if just going on a good mid-range dose of test, maybe some t3 if it's low and some racetam/nootropics would do me better than all these SSRI's they keep shoving down my throat.

I can relate in terms of being fed up with the doctors, they really don't care. At least most of them. They just want you to have something easy they don't have to think about or get to know you to figure it out. They'd rather just prescribe you something after 5 minutes so they can keep the lobby door revolving.

I have excellent insurance and it makes no difference. The doctors don't care any more about you just because you have it. I have been searching for a good doctor I feel comfortable with for about the last 6 years, ever since I have been experiencing the low testosterone symptoms at age 30.

I recently went to a doctor for a "physical". He basically looked at me, said I was fine, and straight up refused to check my hormones, then said to have a nice day and walked out.

I decided to go to privatemdlabs.com and buy my own lab work. The unisex hormone test and HGH test was $170 after the 15% discount I found by googling for a discount code for privatemdlabs. Sure enough, low testosterone serum as well as free testosterone. I could take those results to another asshole doctor if I wanted but I am choosing to self-prescribe HRT. I'll just pull blood work every few months to check myself. I've really been grinding on this forum to educate myself and I think I've decided on a really good and safe protocol to follow.

I'll be starting a log of low dose HGH and HRT dose Cyp in about a week, as soon as my son and I get back from camping for spring break.

I hope you get to the bottom of your problems and hopefully some labs will give you the answers you are looking for. Good luck brother you have my support.

Just be careful with looking for a bipolar diagnosis...(if you really are, fine...) After that diagnosis you lose some freedoms as a cite zen, as well as being unable to purchase life insurance on yourself for your family.

This is really sad to hear. How old are you? Have you ever taken any AAS? It don't really sound it. For sure you can get a blood panel done very cheap compared to what a dr's office will charge in a pvt med lab.

Get the labs done. Then post up the results here. I'm no Dr, but there are plenty of guys here that know blood charts. Your testosterone levels could be totally crap. And if that is the case, just self medicate.

Having worked with literally 1000s of people with your same story , I'd bet the farm it's you . I see people who " get it" meet the doc go on the right meds and invest themselves in treatment and make changes in life . Then there are those who won't follow consistently the docs recommended treatment and suddenly they are in their 50s with nothing and they blame everything but themselves. Mental illness has no cure unfortunately but bipolar actually of all diagnosed is most effected by medication and treatment, it takes effort . Like steroids no magic pill - you the patient needs to invest in yourself . There's no magic doctor or pill. AAS or alchohol would screw you up forever . I consider myself expert in both areas . To even seek advice on a forum is absurd . No wonder you are lost . Find a good experience psychiatrist who has success with your diagnosis , also find trained psychologist for cognitive individual therapy . Until you invest in that nothing in any other area of your life will work period , that's my educated 30 years as social worker in community and forensic mental health, 32 bodybuilding and training and teaching . Get off the forums and find a clinic . Mainstream people aren't knowledgable on this topic . As far as living freedoms ??? Really ? Free state schools , free income ? Free insurance yeah ok. Apply for state mental health services if you don't have , maybe having a case manager would show you how wrong you are and get into that thick head ! You're diagnosis can get you more freebies then anything, more then veteran like myself who spilled out guts out overseas . We have a joke at my clinic work hard millions on disability depend on you ! While not funny at all, you may qualify - but ususlly in most cases it's the bipolar patient that refuses to follow through , making poor decisions, , did one doc suggest guardianship ??? If you continue to make poor decisions that prevent you from functioning in everything maybe you need it . As harsh as I found this is reality ! I've helped 1000s like you get subsidize housing , insurance , job training , ssi ssdi all based on the mental illness , hell they even have program here where you can ride the damn subway for a nickel . You need casemanager to help access benefits and entitlement and knock sense into you .

LICSW/MSW/cscs/ USArmyVet

This is really sad to hear. How old are you? Have you ever taken any AAS? It don't really sound it. For sure you can get a blood panel done very cheap compared to what a dr's office will charge in a pvt med lab.

Get the labs done. Then post up the results here. I'm no Dr, but there are plenty of guys here that know blood charts. Your testosterone levels could be totally crap. And if that is the case, just self medicate.

Horrible horrible advice ! That's what's sad ! Do you know anything about bilpolar or the meds used? Or the stats of how and why they are more likely to kill themselves over stupid advice ??!? Go look it up ! You ain't no doc and know nothing about this ! It's people like you that prevent easily misled mentally ill people from finding proper treatment. How'd you feel if he ended up dying ? Good ? Proud ?? You can't fix what you don't know stick to bodybuilding or whatever else you do . The consequences of someone in his shoes is too sensitive . You have no friggin ideas none ! I've watched people die and kill you have no F/N idea , realize your thoughts are from the heart but people in general don't get it sorry

Having worked with literally 1000s of people with your same story , I'd bet the farm it's you . I see people who " get it" meet the doc go on the right meds and invest themselves in treatment and make changes in life . Then there are those who won't follow consistently the docs recommended treatment and suddenly they are in their 50s with nothing and they blame everything but themselves. Mental illness has no cure unfortunately but bipolar actually of all diagnosed is most effected by medication and treatment, it takes effort . Like steroids no magic pill - you the patient needs to invest in yourself . There's no magic doctor or pill. AAS or alchohol would screw you up forever . I consider myself expert in both areas . To even seek advice on a forum is absurd . No wonder you are lost . Find a good experience psychiatrist who has success with your diagnosis , also find trained psychologist for cognitive individual therapy . Until you invest in that nothing in any other area of your life will work period , that's my educated 30 years as social worker in community and forensic mental health, 32 bodybuilding and training and teaching . Get off the forums and find a clinic . Mainstream people aren't knowledgable on this topic . As far as living freedoms ??? Really ? Free state schools , free income ? Free insurance yeah ok. Apply for state mental health services if you don't have , maybe having a case manager would show you how wrong you are and get into that thick head ! You're diagnosis can get you more freebies then anything, more then veteran like myself who spilled out guts out overseas . We have a joke at my clinic work hard millions on disability depend on you ! While not funny at all, you may qualify - but ususlly in most cases it's the bipolar patient that refuses to follow through , making poor decisions, , did one doc suggest guardianship ??? If you continue to make poor decisions that prevent you from functioning in everything maybe you need it . As harsh as I found this is reality ! I've helped 1000s like you get subsidize housing , insurance , job training , ssi ssdi all based on the mental illness , hell they even have program here where you can ride the damn subway for a nickel . You need casemanager to help access benefits and entitlement and knock sense into you .

I apologize for upsetting you. I do get medicaid but have refused housing and food stamps as I am trying my best to not burden the system. Unfortunately I've had these issues since a toddler, perhaps before but that's as far back as I remember. I work full-time..... not the most lucrative job, but, with all due respect, I do the best I can given my situation and try really hard not to depend on hand-outs, but there are times when I do need help. I am staying with close family but I pay for absolutely everything and even take care of their car maintenance, clean their house etc. to show my gratitude.... ideal? No, but I'm not a total free-loader.

I have actually done quite a fair share of CBT and over the past decade plus I believe I've done nearly every SSRI/SNRI on the market, as well as some of the older anti-depressants. A lot of holistic stuff too. To be honest, following my doctors advice I have had some of the most horrific withdrawals, self-medicating I've never had such an issue.

I also said I believe, not that I am, bi-polar..... these diagnostics are very vague, even from an M.D. or PsyD it's largely a guessing game. It's not like cholesterol where I can measure what percent bi-polar I am and what percent anxious I am.

As far as steroids. Well, I agree. However, working out has been my only real escape for the past 20 years, I'm not that far off from 40 and honestly, I just want to spoil myself a bit. I haven't been able to enjoy a lot of things in my life, but I've always had this..... is it right or wrong? That's not for me to say. But I'd like to do a 12 week project - 4 months on 125, 4 on 250 and 4 on 500..... i'm in no rush, bloodwork in between and after, keeping a daily log on how i feel..... if I feel better and bloodwork looks favorable then yes, I may decide to go on and stay on. If not, I'm already on HCG and have one hell of a good PCT in case I decide it's not for me.

Try not to judge. I've only had experience with two military vets who were in long relationships with my aunt and they were both the most abusive, violent, psychotic people I have ever met, just ticking time bombs. But I'm certainly not going to judge you or anyone else based on these experiences, there are always a few bad apples..... just like you may think I want a free-ride, all I want is my health, but if that's not possible I do want to enjoy myself a bit when I have the chance as I haven't had many opportunities to really just do what I love and forget about being sick for a while.

You are not burdening - you are why the system us in place - the take advantage to get back on your feet then you get off if you can . I remember my first day in the field I worked with a young man with schizophrenia at group home - he could not even make a sandwich . In 90 they have invented clozapine a miracle drug for many . 2 years later he sat next to me in college , 2 years after that I hired him at a group home I used to run , now he is s liscened therapist. An unusual success but an example of using the system to help . You have the right attitude but Allow the system to help , trust yourself to fail and move on but allow providers to familiarize themselves and vice versa . In the end you can do and have normal life . Use what you need to move on . Yes it takes courage and disappointed times but through it all you will be the person you seek

Not the kind of freedoms I was referring to, a very interesting perspective.

Lithium didnt work?

Again, the lab test that is the precursor to your happy brain hormones is called MTHFR, from labcorp. Ask them to make you a deal. Or just take at least MTHF 800mcg 2x day, as a cheaper alternative. Or grab the doc by the balls and have him run it. . .
If the MTHR is genetically broken, this is still the treatment, but will explain your condition.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner